• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"B.C. Mountie's anti-Trudeau website raises concerns about discriminatory views within the RCMP" (split from White nationalism/CF thread)

Society in general, it is much wider spread than even the RCMP and the CAF. My trade, Machinist is a great example, most machinists I have seen fail to do the most basic stuff to maintain the equipment properly due to both laziness and lack of training. Things that 80 years ago would have gotten you beaten/driven from your shop because it is simply unacceptable.

My question for you is does he do his job impartially? Does he show up, treat others fairly, and go home? I could not care less about their personal opinions if they do their job properly.

That also isn’t the case here. Humans are flawed, your going to have racists, etc. in the ranks. And as far as they aren’t treating others poorly they are legally entitled to said opinion.

It is scarier for society to start trying to decide what personal views are acceptable to have and what are not, than simply basing on what actions they are actually taking.
I don't know. Be a member of a visible minority who is one-on-one on the side of a dark road with somebody who has publicly said you are sub-human (my example) and let us know how it feels.

If someone is racist, sexist, or pick-your-ist and keeps their view to themselves, then we never know. If someone shouts it from a mountaintop and people happen to find out who they are, those views become part of their measure and how they are judged.

I think the issue is significant, but in this case based at least on the one video I saw reposted, it’s not an issue.

The GLBetc comment as I saw it was not made to do anything but portray the PM as a useless twat.

But again I’m looking at it through the lens of a white heterosexual male who thinks your PM is a Giant Lecherous Useless Twat.

I don't know. Be a member of a visible minority who is one-on-one on the side of a dark road with somebody who has publicly said you are sub-human (my example) and let us know how it feels.

If someone is racist, sexist, or pick-your-ist and keeps their view to themselves, then we never know. If someone shouts it from a mountaintop and people happen to find out who they are, those views become part of their measure and how they are judged.
I have been a visible minority in a community in this country (white guy in a native res) and experienced racism and intimidation because of it (and not just 'microaggressions' or 'feelings' rather actual threats of physical violence). People still have their rights. The whole thing about equality and rights is they mean nothing if you aren't willing to defend everyone's equally.

I would argue many minorities in this country are racists, you just aren't aware because they will use their own languages for speaking that way or the groups they hate they don't come across very much (ex. Hindus from India and Muslims, Muslims and Isrealis, anyone from the Balkans and anyone else from the Balkans, Chinese and Africans, etc.). I remember one incident where sitting at a table with a bunch of coworkers in the military and the two French troops decided to run their mouth about everyone else at the table in French. They didn't realize I can speak it well enough to understand/get the jist of what was being said and when I responded in kind back to them they shut up pretty fast.

Then you run into the issue of what is racist? They keep trying to change the definition where some believe that being white means you are always racist and if your any other ethnic group you cannot be even if your screaming racial slurs at others.

If someone does their job properly, I don't care what they post on their own time provided they aren't tying it into work and it isn't a actual criminal offense. If someone is acting as they are trained (treating them with respect, etc.) I don't care what their personal views are. People do things they don't like on a regular basis, its called a job. Its when they start applying their personal opinions to that job we run into problems.

If someone does their job properly, I don't care what they post on their own time provided they aren't tying it into work and it isn't a actual criminal offense.

Apparently someone cares. Reported that he "scrubbed" his social media, and is now patrolling from home.

A YouTube channel associated with the site that was scrubbed of content in December

We can debate fair / unfair. But, that's the situation.

Apparently someone cares. Reported that he "scrubbed" his social media, and is now patrolling from home.
Generally its easier to simply delete and apologize than to fight it. Its wrong but its how things tend to work. Just like how in a divorce it is generally better to simply give the ex over half if they are demanding it due to the fact you will lose more in value fighting with lawyers than you will giving up and accepting whatever they are going for.

There is also a lot of busy bodies out there who live hypocritical lives where they wouldn’t stand up to much scrutiny themselves but are more than willing to cast judgement on others. No different from the Salem witch hunts or the McCarthyism of the 50s.

Just because people having rights bothers others doesn’t mean we shouldn’t defend them. There is tons of people out there who I don’t have much respect for, nor care for their opinions. I don’t sit there and argue they should lose their jobs and not be allowed to have them.

Yet we are at a point where certain people have come to the dangerous conclusion their opinions are the only right ones. Those that don’t share in those opinions need to be destroyed or re-educated to a more ‘acceptable’ viewpoint. Dystopian stuff.

You're right. We didn't make the rules. We just gotta play the game.

Point to consider: anything that betrays significant bias or prejudice can compromise the credibility of an officer’s testimony in court. That in turn can significantly and negatively impact how useful they are to their police service. So there’s a potentially significant nexus there.

Here is a list of activities NBA players are forbidden to do, where are their rights? Oh yes, they took the job knowing, just like LEO folk........ boxing, professional wrestling, motorcycling, moped-riding, auto-racing, sky-diving and hang-gliding

Here is a list of activities NBA players are forbidden to do, where are their rights? Oh yes, they took the job knowing, just like LEO folk........ boxing, professional wrestling, motorcycling, moped-riding, auto-racing, sky-diving and hang-gliding
So as long as while professionally wrestling on a motorcycle while sky-diving, if they aren't also boxing, it's OK?

Back