• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick Question .

Bart905

Inactive
Reaction score
I just received my core and source document forums for my application. I landed in Canada Feb 2002. Therefor in 2012 its 10 years. My question is can I fill out the forum and start the application before the 10 year date or do I have to wait till February to start my application ? I'm a Canadian citizen, I have every single document or information that is required.  I also left Canada once for a 2 month vacation in 2008 other then that I never traveled outside the country.

I think its if you lived in a another country for a year or 2 within 10 years again I'm not sure that's why I'm asking

If that is the only thing holding you back, I would say just apply. The absolute worst case scenario I could imagine would be getting told that you need to wait a little bit longer and apply again.

As per what has been told to me by recruiting staff - the decision as to if an applicant needs Pre Enrolment Security Clearance is taken by the Deputy Provost Marshall Security office in Ottawa.

If you have lived in Canada for less than 10 years, have family living abroad or have been out of the country for more than 180 during the past 10 years, the RC staff will ask you to fill up the Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire. http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/pre_secur_en.pdf. This form they send to Ottawa, who then makes a decision if Pre Enrolment Security Clearance is required or not.

Chances are that if you have only a few months to complete ten years, and that is the only criterion that you don't meet, the Pre Enrolment Security Clearance might be waived. But this is just my guess. Like I said earlier, as per what I've been told, only the folk in Ottawa can make that call.

Your best bet is to go down to the RC and get the process rolling.

Bart905 said:
I think its if you lived in a another country for a year or 2 within 10 years again I'm not sure that's why I'm asking

As a public servant, Residence is only questioned once you are outside of the country for a cumulative period of 6 months within a 12month period.

Back