• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

politicians and security

M

Macklinen

i know that this is way off topic, but i think im in the rite place. What is the big deal with politicians, and famous ppl. Why do they need to be so well protected? i mean they are humans just like the rest of us. The only difference they have is that they've starred in movies, or sang a song. As for politicians, i personally, think that they dont do what they say they are going to do for the country anyways. Why do they need to be so cherished. Theres other ppl in the world that security could be protecting. I know that they do run the country, but technically, the ppl run the country, cuz we do have a democracy! The only thing that politicians are good for, are to voice the opinions of the ppl, and they may be helpful in passing laws and stuff like that. Honestly, famous ppl are jsut regular humans, like the rest of us!
(I hope i didnt offend anyone here. my intentions are not to do that. Everyone has their own opinions)

I think that it is because they upset so many people, and they fear for their lives.

I don't really know, I'm not famous, and I hopefully will never be a politician, too many, well, politics

The problem with your "politicians are regular humans" idea is that it's wrong. They're not regular. They are in positions of power to actually make things happen, and influence the lives of millions of people. For instance, had Steven Harper sent troops to Iraq, there would be many members of the CF who would not be alive right now, and many familes that would have suffered. Do you have that power? Do any of your friends? Any person in a position of power such as that is vulnerable to blackmail, threats (against not only themselves but their families too) etc.

From another standpoint, look how much money and time goes into a democratic election, the whole spiel. Would you want to go through the process only to have the PM you voted for offed, and someone who you didn't vote for (or against) put in charge a la Kim Campbell?

Celebrities aren't given security, they request it and hire it. You yourself could go get a bodyguard if you wanted, to protect you from members of the public who intrude on your personal space. Or if you wanted someone like this:

20040712l.jpg

well Null, u do have a pretty good point there. But any joe on the street could become a politician. Canada is a democracy. By the way, nice cartoon!

Back