• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

paul martin?

Storm said:
Innocent until proven guilty...

That's the way things work in this country Disillusioned.

It's not easy to find anymore, but even the Toronto Star reported it as a U.S. coup.

I of course can't prove it--wasn't there.....this being said, it's not a new concept for a superpower to manipulate a foreign election, is it?

Disillusioned said:
It's not easy to find anymore, but even the Toronto Star reported it as a U.S. coup.

Well that clinches it in my mind, if the left wing, commie, pinko, comparable to "The News of the World" Toronto Star says it's true, I guess it must be.

Gimme a break. If that's the source you take as gospel, you better reline your aluminium foil hat. ::)

recceguy said:
Well that clinches it in my mind, if the left wing, commie, pinko, comparable to "The News of the World" Toronto Star says it's true, I guess it must be.

Gimme a break. If that's the source you take as gospel, you better reline your aluminium foil hat. ::)

It's the most-read newspaper in Canada, with a circulation of 600,000 copies a day.....at least they are open-minded.

With all of this crap about arresting George Bush as a war criminal, ( Not that I support all, or even most, of his actions. ), what does anyone think about the chances of trying our "honourable" PM for treason are?

After all, Mr. Martin and a long line of his predecessors have prattled on for decades about social justice for this, political correctness for that, and equality for all.

During which time they have been ignoring the fact that a country without the ability to defend it's territory, people, and ideals is not really much of a nation at all.

Is it going to take a major security incident or, God forbid, an act of war for the Canadian people to wake up and depose those in Ottawa for this gross negligence of their duties?   They were elected to look out for the interests of Canadians and they have failed on their most basic duty; to ensure that the people of Canada are safe and free from external threats to their security and well being.

Mr Martin, you and your government are a farce, and are not worthy to occupy Canada's highest offices.   I am ashamed that the people of Canada are so taken in by your propaganda that they have elected your party to another term.

I only hope that we still have a military by the time you bastards are though another four years of giving the army another beasting.

Up yours, Paul Martin.

Give it up already..........Your time might be better spent trying to convince people to put pressure on the gov then to type useless rants about fantasy ideas on an internet forum......better yet, why don't you run for office ??

Controversial, politically incorrect, somewhat biased and probably a mostly flawed analysis......I like it.....But not so much the part about deposing a legitimately and legally installed government, which most members of this forum and the rest of the CF have sworn to defend and serve.......I'm no big fan of the government, the military brass at the moment, or the system in general, and I agree it needs to change, but for now until the bottom falls out, it's all we have.

TM

I think the meaning of my poste was missed...too bad......

HollywoodHitman said:
Controversial, politically incorrect, somewhat biased and probably a mostly flawed analysis......I like it.....But not so much the part about deposing a legitimately and legally installed government, which most members of this forum and the rest of the CF have sworn to defend and serve.......I'm no big fan of the government, the military brass at the moment, or the system in general, and I agree it needs to change, but for now until the bottom falls out, it's all we have.

TM

Controversial - yes.

Politically incorrect - this is a convenient rebuttal to minimize views you may not agree with.

Deposing a legitmate government - I did not condone any such thing. I am merely speculating on the repercussions should years of neglect for the military come back and bite us in the a**.

Aesop081 - Far from this being a rant, I was merely trying to instill some debate into this forum.  If you feel that is useless, you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

Geee....thanks......i didn't know i was alowed that !! what would i do without you !!!

Oh Boy...Here we go again. ::)

Yup. I agree that as Canadians we are unsuited to revolutionary style actions...We do waht a govt that will stop trying to run us into the ground though!

Slim :cdn: :salute:

48Highlander said:
    No, it was ignored :)   all of us are too honest to run for office.

Couldnt care less..........but i did laugh.........

maybe if honest people ran for office..............

And which particular points would you like to see debated; the tactical options?, the legality?, the government to be instituted in its place? And to what end?

Michael OLeary said:
And which particular points would you like to see debated; the tactical options?, the legality?, the government to be instituted in its place? And to what end?

As far as the leaglities are concerned...for us CF members anyways.....isn't "advocating government change by force"  an offence under the good old QR&o's ???

Not sure about the QR&O's portion of it, wouldnt doubt it.....I'm not sure of the legality of anyone talking about the overthrow of a legally installed government......

TM

Here is the particular artcle from the QR&O:

103.15 â “ ADVOCATING GOVERNMENTAL CHANGE BY FORCE

(1) Section 82 of the National Defence Act provides:

"82. Every person who publishes or circulates any writing, printing or document in which is advocated, or who teaches or advocates, the use, without the authority of law, of force as a means of accomplishing any governmental change within Canada is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to imprisonment for life or to less punishment."

SPECIMEN CHARGE

Sec.82 N.D.A.

ADVOCATED THE USE WITHOUT THE AUTHORITY OF LAW, OF FORCE AS A MEANS OF ACCOMPLISHING A GOVERNMENTAL CHANGE IN CANADA

Particulars: In that he, on (date), at (indicate place of offence), during the course of an address delivered before the .......... said: "We should march on the parliament buildings, gaol all the members, and take control of the police and communications. We could then put in our own men", or words to that effect.

Back