• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

paul martin?

P

private_cowboy

is our new pm going to improve the canadian forces budget? or is he another useless pm? gahd. thats one thing i hate about canada. we are so ignorant, we always think every country loves us, and the ones we do bussiness with might but that doesnt mean there isnt lots of countries that hate us. and we always expect the united states to protect us. one day im gonna love it when our pm gets into a argument with the president and they turn their baCk on us, and not protect us anymore. what we need is a country to threaten us. or something to make the people scared and want to raise military budgets.... sounds stupid... but im sick of everyone living in the past everyones like oh yeah if anything did happen we would do this and do that we can hold our ground look at ww1 and ww2. but i can almost guarntee i wouldnt happen like that now.. gahd anyone else feel what iam saying?

I have heard this a few times how people would wish something bad would happen to Canada to make the goverment spend more on defence, I ask you this though how wishful would you be if that tragedy strikes you or the people you care about?
:< Word of advice never wish for bad things to happen it always ends up biting you on the @ss.

Dragoon is right if something like a big terrorist attack happened it probably would wake up our government but nobody wants to see 5000 canadians killed just so the PM will give us more money. I don‘t think he is another useless PM. He has frozen all the spendings in the government. But he went ahead withe the Seaking replacement project and apparently the Iltis replacement and I heard something about the Stryker is still on right now. He is doing that white paper review thing which is one of the reasons that he can‘t just give us a big chunk of money. That will tell us where we really need it once we find out what we want our military to be in the future.

I don‘t think that he will be able to solve all the problems that have been allowed to happen in the past. That will take many years of solid funding. I don‘t think Paul Martin will screw us like past PM‘s.

ya. its not so much that i wanted something horrible to happen. im just frustrated. in almost every other country its respected that your in the military. in canada people dont really show any respect they just say what do you use rocks? we as canadians are just ignorant. its because of those people that our military is underfunded. but yet they say they would support more funding if it was needed. but it is needed. gah im just spouting crap cause im frustrated and i was never good at saying anything in well formed sentences. so it turns out like crap lol

When has Canada ever been attacked by a foreign enemy which outgunned us? When has the US ever had to come to Canada‘s defence? Canada needs a military to enhance it‘s international reputation, not defend it against a domestic attack which realistically will never happen. That‘s up to CSIS and the RCMP, and their budgets seem to be doing just fine these days, judging by the number of arrests and whatnot they seem to be making as of late.

Perhaps the government should take away some money to those organizations which protect us against legitimate threats (the kind you speak of) so they can give you more ammo to shoot at paper targets?

If you are really concerned about the country‘s security, you‘d be best off paying to get into the US missile defence program, completely abolishing the army, relegating the air force and navy to coastal defence, and giving all the spare $$$ you can find to CSIS.

If you want respect in life, goto school, learn how to make well-formed sentences, and go do something more productive than wishing harm on your fellow Canadians.

Null - "Perhaps the government should take away some money to those organizations which protect us against legitimate threats (the kind you speak of) so they can give you more ammo to shoot at paper targets? "

Are you serious? Do you feel that the CF doesn‘t contribute to national or international security?

"If you are really concerned about the country‘s security, you‘d be best off paying to get into the US missile defence program, completely abolishing the army, relegating the air force and navy to coastal defence, and giving all the spare $$$ you can find to CSIS."

I am going to assume that you‘re being sarcastic. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

"If you want respect in life, goto school, learn how to make well-formed sentences, and go do something more productive than wishing harm on your fellow Canadians."

Your run on sentence proves your point beautifully. :D

Originally posted by nULL:
[qb]
Perhaps the government should take away some money to those organizations which protect us against legitimate threats (the kind you speak of) so they can give you more ammo to shoot at paper targets?
[/qb]
Stupid comment. The point of participating in overseas operations with armed force is to keep trouble away from Canada... What you imply is that we should wait for trouble to get here, then take action. History would have been very different had countries done that... imagine how WW2 would have turned out ?
Finally, if you are against the Military and do not respect what Soldiers do (shooting at paper targets :rolleyes: ), why don‘t you go play somewhere else...

Lets hope he isnt a sell out to the U.S.
And takes Canada in CANADIAN Direction

- Shawn
:cdn:

private_joker said:
is our new pm going to improve the canadian forces budget? or is he another useless pm? gahd. thats one thing i hate about canada. we are so ignorant, we always think every country loves us, and  the ones we do bussiness with might but that doesnt mean there isnt lots of countries that hate us. and we always expect the united states to protect us. one day im gonna love it when our pm gets into a argument with  the president and they turn their baCk on us, and  not protect us anymore. what we need is a country to threaten us. or something to make the people scared and want to raise military budgets....  sounds stupid... but im sick of everyone living in the past everyones like oh yeah if anything did happen we would do this and do that we can hold our ground look at ww1 and ww2. but i can almost guarntee i wouldnt happen like that now.. gahd anyone else feel what iam saying?

If the U.S. is the biggest military, who exactly are they protecting us from? Everyone except themselves.

Shawn Papke said:
Lets hope he isnt a sell out to the U.S.
And takes Canada in CANADIAN Direction

- Shawn
:cdn:

Here's someone who's on the same page as me. I don't think you'll get your wish regarding the sellout thing, but at least he's only got a minority government.

As for his Canadian-ness, or lack therefof:    www.paulmartintime.ca/where_paul_stands/

Quote,
If the U.S. is the biggest military, who exactly are they protecting us from? Everyone except themselves.

Allright I tried but you won't listen, everyone say goodbye to disillusioned.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Allright I tried but you won't listen, everyone say goodbye to disillusioned.

With dry wit like that you could be an action hero....

HE 'S JUST ANOTHER LIBERAL WINBAG. BECAUSE THE CONSERVATIVES MENTION DEFENCE IN THE LAST ELECTION HE HAD TO SAY SOMETHING.

That Paul Martine Website lost all credibility when I read this:

"More recently, Paul Martin was complicit in the US-backed overthrow of Haiti's democratic government. Now, Canadian troops are aiding the "reform" of Haitian government along lines favourable to US and Canadian business interests."

I laugh when people think the U.S. protects us. Canada is a buffer zone ok, if anything, we protect the U.S. with time, and time is crucial.

GrimRX said:
That Paul Martine Website lost all credibility when I read this:

"More recently, Paul Martin was complicit in the US-backed overthrow of Haiti's democratic government. Now, Canadian troops are aiding the "reform" of Haitian government along lines favourable to US and Canadian business interests."

It's your job tp prove the Aristide coup  was not U.S. sanctioned. You should have to prove that just as I  have to prove what I say.

The site fails to prove both that the coup was US sanctioned and that Paul martin was "complicit" in it.  Either one of those ideas would be laughable on it it's own....grouped together like that, they're demonstrative of a deeply disturbed mind.  Anyway, since the website fails to prove those statements, Grim doesn't need to prove the opposite.  Just like when you make an idiotic statement and fail to provide any info which proves you right.  If you want to run around screaming that the sky is falling, I have very little rason to try and prove otherwise.

Innocent until proven guilty...

That's the way things work in this country Disillusioned.

Back