• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OD fleece toque

soldierfirst

Inactive
Reaction score
I have seen many CF members wearing non-issued fleece toques, I was wondering where they can be purchased from? My local CANEX does not stock them and the one I have from CPGear is more of a lighter (almost greyish) green to the colour I have seen others wearing.

Most of those toques were issued.  If the supply system cannot provide required items, in certain circumstances LPO will be authorized, and the locally acquired items will be issued to CF members and recorded on their clothing docs.

The RSM-net reaction to that situation is sometimes something to behold...

I bought a OD green toque from the Canex in Kingston 7 years ago,  it's thin(not the bulky lumberjack style), OD Green not the light green you see on other toques. 

I've also been issued(unit issue) a synthetic type toque, it's really good too and thin.  No tags inside of it,  so no idea who makes it/where to buy.

15 Wing. I was issued a while back with my initial issue the standard green wool toque, but it hasn't been until recently that it has really started to bother me with the itching (despite having washed it several times). I have noticed (mainly on other bases, particularly army ones) other army pers who wear toques during winter times or in the field,  a majority wear an OD fleece toque but it does not seem to be an issued item. Rarely do I see many wear the issued dark green wool one.

OD Fleece toques were given to staff at CFLRS, at least in 2006/2007.  Not sure how it was procured but when you went to see the 'kit shop NCO' to get your other stuff (Instr t-shirt, DEU pin etc) you got one.  They were quite different in length than the CANEX version.

Eye In The Sky said:
OD Fleece toques were given to staff at CFLRS, at least in 2006/2007.  Not sure how it was procured but when you went to see the 'kit shop NCO' to get your other stuff (Instr t-shirt, DEU pin etc) you got one.  They were quite different in length than the CANEX version.

FYI for those in LFWA these OD fleece toques are now authorized for wear with CADPAT.

This only took us about 15 years to get with the times.

I didn't know those OD fleece toques were banned in LFWA.  I wore mine the entire time I was with PPCLI,  no one ever jacked me up and I don't remember anything passed down in a O Group about it.  I do have a fuzzy memory of them not being allowed in Edmonton or Wainwright though, not sure if it was a base wide thing or not though.

Being in Wainwright currently, the Base CWO will not allow fleece toques here.  Pissed off some Div Staff with that one he did.

Fleece toques are fire hazards- the CF simply cares about it's members..

ObedientiaZelum said:
Fleece toques are fire hazards- the CF simply cares about it's members..

A LSVW is a fire hazard and we still drive those.

PuckChaser said:
A LSVW is a fire hazard and we still drive those.

2 out of the 3 LSVWs I use have N/S seat belts, if there was a fire I would be able to escape MUCH quicker than I could if I was wearing a toque that caught on fire (from wearing a raincoat simultaneously with the toque).
Your argument is invalid  ;)

In Halifax you would be doing extras for something silly like a toque and raingear.  Beware the Ides of March.

>:D

Fleece.  A Fire Hazard.  Oh!  I can read between the lines.  Fleece as an outer wear is a fire hazard. 

Should we now merge the two topics?

>:D

211RadOp said:
Being in Wainwright currently, the Base CWO will not allow fleece toques here.  Pissed off some Div Staff with that one he did.

LFWA TC which is in Wainwright is authorised to wear Fleece Toques as per area SM direction.

dangerboy said:
LFWA TC which is in Wainwright is authorised to wear Fleece Toques as per area SM direction.

Now everyone knows what name to drop when someone asks your unit while wearing a fleece toque.  >:D

soldierfirst said:
I have seen many CF members wearing non-issued fleece toques, I was wondering where they can be purchased from? My local CANEX does not stock them and the one I have from CPGear is more of a lighter (almost greyish) green to the colour I have seen others wearing.

Where is the best to buy a fleece toque online these days? I`m not aware of any kit shops within my area, local canex doesn`t sell any and the last one I bought from canex online (1 year ago ish) was fairly thick, almost greyish green and looked ridiculous. Similar to what the OP posted in terms of colours.

Did a brief search online and found these.

http://www.canex.ca/polar-fleece-toque-1.html

http://www.cpgear.com/store/appa/fleece_field_toque.htm

Any suggestions or links to kit shops?

Thanks,

Edit: Copied the wrong link for CP Gear

runormal said:
Where is the best to buy a fleece toque online these days? I`m not aware of any kit shops within my area, local canex doesn`t sell any and the last one I bought from canex online (1 year ago ish) was fairly thick, almost greyish green and looked ridiculous. Similar to what the OP posted in terms of colours.

Did a brief search online and found these.

http://www.canex.ca/polar-fleece-toque-1.html

http://www.cpgear.com/apps/wheelers/search.ami

Any suggestions or links to kit shops?

Thanks,

I'm sure he's not worried anymore. He asked in 2013.

recceguy said:
I'm sure he's not worried anymore. He asked in 2013.

I'm well aware of the date of the original post. I was merely quoting the OP because of this.

runormal said:
The last one I bought from canex online (1 year ago ish) was fairly thick, almost greyish green and looked ridiculous. Similar to what the OP posted in terms of colours.

The problem I have is I lost my toque on ex and I need to buy a new one. I was about buy the one off CPGear but I searched here as well found this thread and now I'm questioning if there is a better spot to buy it as they initially said that it was more of a greyish-green colour, which after reviewing the photo seems similar but it isn't a good quality photo.

Therefore, I'm asking if there is a better place to buy a toque online as I can't find one locally.

Back