• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New fiscal year numbers

Kincanucks,
I recently had my DEO interview for infantry officer.  The interviewer said they were hiring 60 infantry officers at this selection board and did so at the last selection board in May (or at least 60 spots were open to be filled).  Is this correct as I thought there were only 19 spots available for the Oct selection.

Thanks so much ,
Hoote

hoote said:
Kincanucks,
I recently had my DEO interview for infantry officer.   The interviewer said they were hiring 60 infantry officers at this selection board and did so at the last selection board in May (or at least 60 spots were open to be filled).   Is this correct as I thought there were only 19 spots available for the Oct selection.

Thanks so much ,
Hoote

The total for FY 05/06 and 41 were selected and that leaves 19 to be filled.  If they have allocated extra spots they haven't push the information down to me.

Any news on Logistics position left, if any?  More specifically in the Air element ... ???

but first...
welcome back Mr. Canucks.
I trust the UK treated you well as you have jumped back into the fray with both feet and all ten fingers.

Mojo Magnum said:
but first...
I trust the UK treated you well as you have jumped back into the fray with both feet and all ten fingers.

I was indeed treated very well and I can honestly say that I only spotted ten or twenty suspicious people on the tube in London per day.

but first...

I'll second that - thousands of would-be recruits have been left in cyberspace without a father figure -

cheers, mdh  ;)

whoa - Kincanucks as a father-figure -my mind is a-bogglin' .... He would open a lotta cans of "whoop-ass", drink a lotta tea, and consume a boat-load of finger sandwiches.

:p

whoa - Kincanucks as a father-figure -my mind is a-bogglin' .... He would open a lotta cans of "whoop-***", drink a lotta tea, and consume a boat-load of finger sandwiches.

Sounds like my Dad - hey...wait a minute.... :mad:

cheers, mdh

now that we have the nicetties out of the way.  Perhaps something to ponder as you're enjoying the sandwiches with whoop ass and tea?  (Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd write) ;D

Selection board Sept 5th or 6th, it's the first selection board I've been merit listed for. (Unless there really was one Aug 22 as some are saying)

If I am selected, am I correct in assuming it takes about three weeks before I might recieve a call?

Mojo Magnum said:
now that we have the nicetties out of the way.   Perhaps something to ponder as you're enjoying the sandwiches with whoop *** and tea?   (Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd write) ;D

Selection board Sept 5th or 6th, it's the first selection board I've been merit listed for. (Unless there really was one Aug 22 as some are saying)

If I am selected, am I correct in assuming it takes about three weeks before I might recieve a call?

Usually two or more weeks before the results are released then two or more weeks before they call with an offer.

Alter Ego said:
Any news on Logistics position left, if any?   More specifically in the Air element ... ???

Looks like six for all three elements but that is based on old information.  CFRG HQ has not updated their numbers for a very long time.

Could be slim pickins ... thanks for the info. Kincanucks.  Welcome back. :)

Kincanucks, it is so nice to have you here! 

With regards to the last DEO board (in May) for infantry officers, do you know how many applied? 

Will you know how many applications there are for this board before it meets?  I was told all applications have to be in by Sept 15 by my file manager.

Thanks again!

Back