• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

A total waste of resources? A 70 ton LAV? A ridiculous idea that someone decided on after drinking too much coffee one morning? I'm bristling with idea's but none of them sensible...

ironduke57: Yup, it's a looker.

Hales: You got the gun right. For a more complete ID, though, we need: a ridiculous, total waste of resources, 70 ton LAV wearing a very large hat. Or a name ...  :)

Okay. Let´s get this one out of it´s misery. It´s the FAADS "Paladin". M1 hull, new turret with 25mm MK and Roland AA Rockets.

Regards,
ironduke57

Thanks for the mercy killing, Ironduke!

It was indeed the Paladin/Roland, a Hughes/Euromissile submission for FAADS-LOS-H. Hughes lost out to Oerlikon/Martin Marietta (MIM-146A ADATS) before the whole program tanked in '92.

Over to you.

6664373735636662.jpg

Regards,
ironduke57

In my book on Operation Totalize I called it a contendor for the ugliest military vehicle of all time. It is the Canadian armoured 15 cwt or 3/4 ton truck, made I think by Chevrolet. There is an ambulance version in the Canadian War Museum.

If I am correct, I pass on posting.

Old Sweat said:
In my book on Operation Totalize I called it a contendor for the ugliest military vehicle of all time. It is the Canadian armoured 15 cwt or 3/4 ton truck, made I think by Chevrolet. There is an ambulance version in the Canadian War Museum.

If I am correct, I pass on posting.

You beat my by ~6 minutes  :p
But I'll post in your absence then :)

Correct. C15TA armoured Truck. Build by Chev to a British Spec, then used almost exclusively by the Canadian Army during the war years. Served with a host of European nations after the war.

[RICE] your up, Old Sweat gave it a pass.

T17E2 (Staghound AA)
Is a T17E1 fitted with a Frazer-Nash turret mounting two M2 Browning heavy machine guns. 2,610 rounds were carried. The turret was open topped and had an electic-hydraulic traverse system with a maximum slew rate of 55 degrees a second.
crew of 3, commander/gunner, loader and driver.
789 units were produced
production stopped Apr 1944

Back