• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Larry Strong said:
More inclined to say it looks like a T54/55 in the back ground

You're right, damn old age catching up to me. Just remembered something about the Swiss having Centurians  :-[

Danjanou said:
You're right, damn old age catching up to me. Just remembered something about the Swiss having Centurians  :-[

I was wondering if it may have been Austrian, but it most likely is the Swiss Pz 61.

George Wallace said:
I was wondering if it may have been Austrian, but it most likely is the Swiss Pz 61.
looks like Pz 68 (which replaced the 61)

geo said:
Shape would suggest a Ferret scout car that has been bastardized into I know not what the F$?%?
It's a little big.  Closer to a Fox with the turret removed & hidden under some sheet metal.

Larry Strong said:
OK just googled the Pz 61 and see what you mean, guess this is a little of track back to the original ?
The next generation of the same.

Everyones more intrested with the background vehicle than the main one.... Should I just give the answer then?

Rayman said:
Everyones more intrested with the background vehicle than the main one.... Should I just give the answer then?

Too many AFV officiadoes here.    ;D

Given the looks of the "main gun" of the vehicle in the foreground, the vehicle has to be some sort of "bodged job"
In spite of the tires and the wire grill in front of the windshield, is this vehicle "milspec"?

I have a guess Is it an early Swiss mowag Roland? or just MOWAG with the water cannon?

Which I think was a police vehicle
But let me know if I'm right

I have a pic that will start a good quessing game...If I'm right I'll post it

Semper Fidelis said:
I have a guess Is it an early Swiss mowag Roland? or just MOWAG with the water cannon?

I've only seen it identified as the MOWAG Water Cannon. The Roland was a different vehicle.

Unless Rayman has something different, suggest you post the next pic.

edited to include additional pic

Front end of a T-34. (The angle threw me at first -- tracks looked like a  BT-7 but not the idler or non-steering road wheel.)

Back