• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Colin P said:
Jordonian challenger 1 with with their modifed turret Al Hussein.
That is it.  The turret itself is the Falcon.

ironduke57 said:
Okay before Technoviking loses all his hairs should I post what I have about it?

Regards,
ironduke57

TV wasn't the only one that was losing his hair. Just curious - how did you stumble upon this project??

Here's my shot at the can:

It's one of the GVT experimental vehicles (GVT 01-05). Some have called this one the Leopard 3 but that is disputed in other literature.

Gasplug  :salute:

Gasplug said:
It's one of the GVT experimental vehicles (GVT 01-05). Some have called this one the Leopard 3 but that is disputed in other literature.

The webpage I got the picture from called it the Leopard III so that means you are it.

webpage I got it from called it the Leopard III so that means your it.

I think we need to get away from German panzers and have fun with a tank that was produced in only 4 samples.

Darn!

And here I was thinking that it was a cruiser's six-inch gun turret that had managed to escape using a cunning disguise while the ship was berthed at the Dockyard ;) .

Really now, I seem to recall some tank developed by the American's o the Brits during WWII that had off-centered main guns and that they constantly ran in trouble because firing would  "twist" the tank off course. Wouldn't that happen here too unless you fired both guns simultaneously all the time?

P.S.: This post refers to the photo preceding Gasplug's one above

It ain't the Vickers Med Mk 2, just googled that and not quite right ans there were a coupl of hundred built. I though interwar US too, but the MG on the flank screams interwar Brit or Soviet.

Danjanou said:
It ain't the Vickers Med Mk 2, just googled that and not quite right ans there were a coupl of hundred built.
Okay then, it is the Vickers Medium Mark II* Special.

Looking at the type of suspension and the fact the drivers wearing a Brit black armoured corps beret I would say its a British design.

MCG has it.  This is the Aussie version of the Mk II - the "Special." Only four were made. It had the ball mounted MG on the right side.

MCG is up!

Back