• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

The mantlet is the same shape as the one from the MBT 70, but that's about where the similarities end (same number of roadwheels though...the Leopards all have seven).

MBT/KPz 70 -> Not related AFAIK.

@ Retired AF Guy
There aren´t that much wars with modern style tanks and german participation to which Colin P could refer to. ;) 

Regards,
ironduke57

Now this is a good one.  I am scouring my German sources but this one is still a mystery.

I guessed it was German from the font of the numerals on the 3 pictures and the side-mounted MG or cannon. It looks somewhat like a Marder's.

I need to look for a picture of the Kampfpanzer 90 or the Panzerkampfwagen 2000 but I know this last one had a crew of 2 not 3.... ARRRGHHH!  :pullhair:

Good one Duke!  :salute:

Gasplug  :salute:

What's getting me is that I know I've seen that drawing before but I can't remember where! :pullhair:

ironduke57 said:
MBT/KPz 70 -> Not related AFAIK.

@ Retired AF Guy
There aren´t that much wars with modern style tanks and german participation to which Colin P could refer to. ;) 

Regards,
ironduke57

You're right.. wasn't thinking...

Kampfpanzer 90 related? -> No.
Panzerkampfwagen 2000 related? -> No.

I don´t know for sure, but I think it was an private development and not related to any official german tank project.

Little hint: The firm is also know for there military products, but not of this kind.

Regards,
ironduke57

ironduke57 said:
There was no Protoype for it nor do I know its name if it ever had one.
Its not related to Leo1.
Autoloader -> Yes.
Remote Turret? -> Yes.

Two more drawings:

Regards,
ironduke57

It looks like the top pic in this post is dated "5.9.79"...a hint to its age?

The secondary armament on the turret is interesting. It looks like the RWS pod on the Leclerc, but larger.

Did it have anything to do with the failed Anglo/German Future MBT project in the 70's?

Is this related to the Franco-German tank project of '77 to '83?  The failure of this project was in part to a German desire to avoid a competitor to its (then) new Leopard II, and disagreement between the two countries on requirements.  In the end, the Germans continued with their Leopard II and the French went on to develop the Leclerc.

Is this related to the Franco-German tank project of '77 to '83? -> No.

Regards,
ironduke57

In my searches (in which I have lost many hairs...  :pullhair: ), is it the Europa Panzer?

(This is just a name I have found, with no real substance found thus far.  So, yeah, I am clutching for straws)

Okay before Technoviking loses all his hairs should I post what I have about it?

Regards,
ironduke57

OKay then. It was an project from Blohm & Voss. All I have is this patent with some basic descriptions and the three drawings:
- http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9425/de2066169a1blohmundvoss.pdf (german)

Free round.

Regards,
ironduke57

Back