• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Boater said:
I don't have an alpha-numerical designation for this thing, so the name is good enough.

Is it Chinese?  It looks like the "Chery" logo on the front.

"Brave Warrior"  BJ2022 0.5t Light Utility Vehicle

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=105921
Chinese Automaker Developing Military Vehicle
Date posted: 06-03-2005

BEIJING, China — Beijing Automobile Works announced it will put its new "Brave Warrior" 1/2- and 3/4-ton combat vehicle into production next year.

The company, which is the SUV-making arm of Beijing Automobile Industry Corp., local partner for Hyundai and Jeep, has been building the Russian GAZ-derived BJ2020 family since the 1960s. This new model aims to replace its venerable ancestor.

Development on the "Brave Warrior" started around 2002 when Beijing Automobile Works presented a concept with the same name at the Beijing auto show. The show model looked like a cross between the Jeep Wrangler and a dune buggy, but some of its styling is visible in the end result.

As its chunky looks suggest, Brave Warrior is sort of a mini-Hummer. Its 200,000-mile test program included all kinds of road and weather conditions across China.

Brave Warrior will be powered by a 192.3-cubic-inch turbodiesel engine capable of 138 horsepower. Naturally it is four-wheel drive and there's the possibility of an amphibious version as well.

The company claims DaimlerChrysler's PAP (Product Assurance Planning) design process method was used during development.

What this means to you: Somehow it seems more comforting to have a partner of Jeep building the Chinese military's vehicles than a Russian alliance.

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/transport/bj2022.asp

edited to include designation and additional reference/photos

Jungle said:
You guys seem stuck on vehicles...
how about this one ??
British pattern cam;
US made short M16;
Cap badges resembling those of Russian Paratroopers.

I don't know what the darn answer is ... but it's some damn ex-Warsaw pact country NATO is helping to rebuild like Lithuania.

Navyshooter ... Too funny, way to keep it on vehicles!!  :)

That's some funky looking marching there!

And they even got Danners too, by the looks of it!

Jungle said:
how about this one ??

Perhaps, because it is in the "Land Vehicles" Forum.......  ;D

..................Anyway.....What do you think they are trying to hook up to?

George Wallace said:
..................Anyway.....What do you think they are trying to hook up to?

That famous Petawawa sky-hook that I some Pte once was stupid enough to go look for??  :-[

Their tacvests and DPM are similar to what I've seen Portugese soldiers wearing.  Not sure what they use for small arms, though.

Jungle said:
how about this one ??

Serbians. On parade in Paris to celebrate the end of WW1 (because, after all, they started it). Looks like they got their berets from 'Victor's' in Aldershot. along with the DPM.

Not Portuguese, their standard rifle has been the G3 for years, I'm going to say, Macedonian, maybe Paras because of the berets

Understand about their standard rifle, but if these guys are some sort of SF/Commando unit, they may (like the UK SAS and other SF) have the liberty to use weapons other than those that are standard issue to normal line units.  Why Macedonian?  In Afganistan the Macedonians wore a camouflage pattern that was something like a darker version of the old US BDU woodland pattern - sort of a cross between woodland BDU and the current CIS camouflage pattern, nothing like a UK DPM.  Again, like with the weapons, their cam could be different as well - or not... anyone have any more light to shed?

George, thanks for reminding me...  :-\
Anyway, the pic has generated some interesting returns, but none are right. The Paras in the photo are Hellenic (Greek). They were parading in Athens in March 2005.

Back