• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

I give the 1/2 point to the ironduke57, it's a Carden-Loyd M1936. An no it's not Cdn it belongs to a European nation. Guess you are gonna have to bone up on unit insignia ;)

Then it is probably one of the so called "Dutchmen". Originally sold to the Netherlands, but retained by GB at the outbreak of WW2 and used for training.

Regards,
ironduke57

Larry Strong said:
No, the Dutch were not the only one's to buy them, and it is not in British service.

Sure? From my source regarding the Model 1936:
"Model 1936: Sold to the Netherlands, Dutch East Indies, China. The units bought by the Netherlands were retained in the UK at the outbreak of WW2 and were never delivered (though there is some reason to believe a few might have been delivered as implied by several historians). The British used these tanks for training and were called "Dutchmen". Specifications for all units were the same as the Model 1933 except as noted here: Width 6' 2.25", Height 6' 2.25"."

Normally this source is highly trustworthy.

Regards,
ironduke57

Pictorial history of tanks of the world, 1915-45 by Peter Chamberlain, states that another European country bought 18 of them in 1937.

Larry Strong said:
Pictorial history of tanks of the world, 1915-45 by Peter Chamberlain, states that another European country bought 18 of them in 1937.

I don´t have that book, but could it be Lithuanian?

Regards,
ironduke57

A Swedish Stridsvagn 103 with his gun removed???

(don't flame me for trying, I'm just a noob :P)

Looking at roof armor I would say probably an swedish STRV122 aka Leopard2A5(+), but yes.

Your turn.

Regards,
ironduke57

Skoda PA-II "Zelva" (Turtle) Armoured Car, AKA Hiemwehr armoured car from the Austrian civil war, 1934.

Another (better) pic:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=47165

and

http://www.landships.freeservers.com/airczech_skoda_pa2_kitreview.htm

davidhmd said:
That took a lot less time then I expected... over to you...

To be fair, it took some digging. I first thought it was Japanese... no luck. So I tried Austria and found it on the first search. But that led me to the original, which showed it was a Skoda.  ;)

Danjanou said:
scooter-cannon.jpg

I swear this is not photoshopped ;D

Going to go back for a sec.  Out of curiosity, what's the tank in the background?

Not sure I had several shots of the TAP I found on Google after I heard about this vehicle on another site. Body looks a bit like the M-41 Walker Bulldog, but the turret doesn't ???

chanman said:
Going to go back for a sec.  Out of curiosity, what's the tank in the background?

Looks like a M24 Chaffee. Just the barrel is not matching. Might be owners mod.

M24 was replaced by the Walking Bulldog.

Regards,
TN2IC

Ah shoot. Thanks George. I don't know what I was thinking. May be I need to take the dog for a walk.

Back