• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Script on licenseplate looks arabic or persoarabic.

7 roadwheels means it is not BMP. Drive looks US made (return rollers, drive wheel).

Since Iran has had a number of US vehicles and upgraded them, this could mean Iranian vehicle, but I doubt you'd get to see such a nice photo from a workshop...  8)

The turret looks more like a mount for a mortar or low velocity 75mm gun, than a functional fighting turret. It is also very far back on the chassis.

Seemingly no room for infantry mounts makes me think infantry support vehicle. I don't recognize the 7 roadwheel tracks (7 roadwheels makes you think SPH or Leopard and it is certainly based on neither).

If I should hazard a guess without spending an hour on the nets it would be Jordanian or Arabic Peninsula fire support vehicle.

vG

evolution of the Boragh APC? ->No.
US made ? ->No.
Iran ? ->No.
turret ->Already answered. -> It´s a BMP-3 turret.
(7 roadwheels makes you think SPH or Leopard and it is certainly based on neither).-> Big hint: rethink that.
Jordanian ? ->No.
Arabic Peninsula ? -> Well the costumer for which it is designed comes from it.

Regards,
ironduke57

UAE Heavy Infantry Fighting Vehicle (HIFV).
Designed by Sabiex in Belgium...?

kkwd,

The base vehicle is the American-designed AIFV.  It was a private project by FMC that was not purchased by the American military but went on to serve in the Dutch Army as the YPR-765, amongst others.

I don't know what the version is in your photo with the Vulcan cannon or which armed forces' it's serving with.  I would guess Korea.

Cheers,
Dan.

That's right, a Korean vehicle produced by Daewoo Heavy Industries. It's designation is K263A1, 20 mm AA GUN CARRIER (Vulcan Air Defense System).

Must be my lucky day.  I won $2 dollars on ENCORE today too!

As I have nothing to offer I will defer to the more learned gentlemen on the thread.

Cheers,
Dan.

Well since no one else is going to post something, lets see if i can get the ball rolling a little

01.jpg

German Panzerkampfwagen V Ausf G

aka panzer but mounted with dual 40 mm anti aircraft guns.????

please send me a message if this is wrong.. its killing me

Flakpanzer V Coelian - 2 x 37mm/55mm Flak gun

http://gunpoint-3d.com/model-Coelian.html

Ok, lemme see what I can come up with.  I have a PTA meeting to hit tonite, so it may not be 'til later.

NS

Back