• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

I'll defer to the next contestant...trying to figure out how to post pics...Help!!!

Jammer,

Whatever picture you have, save it to your desktop. Then, when you have the message post window up to post a comment, click on additional items on the bottom, then click on browse, navigate the browse dialogue box to you desktop, click on your image, then hit save. Then fill in whatever message you want to put along with you picture in the message box, and hit post. You should then see you image, as an attachment at the bottom of your post.

Edited for my miserable spelling.

Anything military, land sea or air.

Regards

M1A1 chassis...drawing a blank on the roller system.

MCR? M1 Panther II?

Yeah according to what I found it is.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/images/PantherII.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/panther.htm

Cheshire said:
BTW, can we post aircraft or other military hardware? Or strictly vehicles?
Recce By Death said:
Anything military, land sea or air.

Regards

Actually.......As this is the LAND VEHICLES Forum, let's just stick to LAND.

There was some attempt made at posting in both the Navy and Air threads, but they seem to have died out.

Alrighty then. To keep with the current theme...what are the two on the right?
Regards

The far right looks like a BTR-70

EDIT: Beat me to it lol - BTR-80 perhaps.

BTR 80 is correct.

Waiting on "the tracked one"

muffin said:
The far right looks like a BTR-70

EDIT: Beat me to it lol - BTR-80 perhaps.

Actaully I think you might be right about it being a BTR 70

Shouldn't second guess myself

Michael O`Leary said:

Correct.

Designation: BTM-3
Type: Fast entrenching vehicle
Crew, men: 2
Weight, tons: 31.6
Dimensions, m: transport mode: 7.4-3.2-.35 digging mode: 10.9-3.2-3.5
Number of guns/caliber, mm: none
Engine: 380 hp
Max. speed, kmph: 36 / 0.8 (when digging)
Cruising range, km: 560

The fast trench-digging vehicle BTM-3 is designed to dig defensive and communication trenches in soils of up to IV type. The BTM consists of the basis vehicle and digging equipment. A heavy artillery prime-mover was used as the vehicle basis. When the vehicle is moving in transport mode, the gear box provides five gears for forward movement and one for backward. As soon as the vehicle starts digging trenches speed is decreased.

The BTM can dig trenches in curves with a minimum radius of 25 m. The vehicle can switch from transport mode to operating (digging) mode in 10 minutes. When digging at 3rd gear, the BTM can approximately dig an 800 meter long man-sized trench in one hour.

I don't know the Janes login anymore to retrieve more info, so that'll have to do.

You're up Michael.

Regards

Back