• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medal Mounting

Sorry no offence just stating the truth, in my humble opinion if you earned the medal then the mini should be perfect and represent your achievments, you and the unit you are with. They would rather sell cheap quality mini medals than pay a few dollars more for good quality but hey what do I know, I have none personally

I'm sorry for this question, but is there a well written guide somewhere for mounting medals? I have a couple of medals I'd like mounted on a uniform, but am too cheap to pay for professional mounting.

???

Too Cheap? ? ?

Don't be stupid.  You can claim your medal mounting.  Get it done professionally and be happy.  Be safe from a Sergeant Major's wrath. 

If your an airsofter or something then I don't know, try them youself? Mount them with a staple gun?

If your actually a (Canadian) soldier then  you can hand them into your QM and get them done for free or take them to a professional dude to do up for you.  I go to a great guy in kingston.  I strongly recomend going to  a professional  guy and getting them done. When I had he CF do mine (through QM) for me they came back and I thought it was a joke. They did horrible work and I paid out of my pocket to have them redone.

Here are some instructions from an Aussie medal company, but they also suggest that you have a professional do it.
http://www.heritagemedals.com.au/index.php?main_page=infopages&pages_id=10

It' really not expensive.. I got mine done at http://www.williamscully.ca/ - you can mail them there and they'll do quickly and send them right back.

It really isn't expensive... really... I was too lazy to claim it even... It was not something I would want to botch myslelf...

One.  I'd like to know what rank you are?  Your profile shows you as an OC.  What is that?
Two.  What medals do you have?  As an OC?
Three.  Take them your base QM / Clothing stores and have them mounted for free. Or
Four.  Take them to your local base museum and have them mounted for about $7.00 each.
Cheers, BYTD    :army:

Well, base clothing doesn't do medals anymore, the good WO Ulrich is apparently away for a while, I have no time to go listen (or be lectured?) by Mr Gunther Stahr at his residence... what are my options to get my medals mounted and to get miniatures (looking for quality work).

1 VP kitshop did all of mine, very pleased with the job they had done (I don't know if they still do it in-house or farm them out).

Wook

Laps said:
Gunther Stahr at his residence...

IIRC he and his business partner Bill (don't remember the last name) work out of St Albert. I had no problems getting my medal and a friend of mine's done, both within 5 business days. Don't really know about the stories though...

I have a business that mounts medals in Edmonton. Turn around is 7 Days. You can see my work in my gallery on my website at www.defencemedals.ca or link thru one of my ads on this site.

I also work on the base so can meet up for drop off or pick up or meet at another spot of your choosing.

My email is defencemedalscanada@shaw.ca

Gunther Stahr's business partner is a long time member at the St. Albert Legion. Bill Dickson will pick up and drop off your medals here at the Legion if it's easier.

Medal Mounting - Central Alberta -  Who can do it?

By far the best medal mounting! He can do anything! make it look great too! very reasonable for a price too!  :cdn:  :army:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-services/trenton-on/pro-court-mounting/495122889

Countyboy said:
By far the best medal mounting! He can do anything! make it look great too! very reasonable for a price too!  :cdn:  :army:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-services/trenton-on/pro-court-mounting/495122889

What's your experience with court mounting? Good buddy of yours? Medal mounting is not *rocket appliances*. You haven't even joined the Reserves yet.

And what's with the avatar? Did you get a jump course as a Cadet? Hard to tell because of your bare profile.

* Rickyism

Back