• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medal Mounting

P

pat

I am looking to creat a national list of pepole that does court mounting of medals. I deal with fromer members of the cf and RCMP that replace or recieve their first issue of a medal from the CF, and the common question is were can they go to have theme mounted. Any help would be great.

Pat,

I‘d say your best bet is to go through the Reg Force Regimental Kit Shops. The PPCLI or RCR for instance will certainly have a court mounting service run out of their kit shops (I don‘t know about the R 22e Regt.). The service provided through a kit shop may cost a little more than elsewhere, but they‘ll do a top-notch job.

I made the mistake of having some work done locally in Calgary by a retired member. He did the work as a sideline to his work in the Commissionnaires. The job he did was absolutely awful! The medals were crooked, the brooch-type clasp was flimsy (my medals actually fell off once!!!), there was glue seeping out through the material, and the ribbon bar was a thick piece of Perspex with the ribbon glued around it (that also began peeling shortly after receipt). Needless to say I did not pay for this work (I should actually have billed him for messing up my ribbon!).

Hope that helps.

Russ

The RCR Kitshop at Wolseley Barracks have someone that does an excellent job. Their prices are not out of line either. I believe the address is the same as The RCR Regimental Headquarters:

Wolseley Barracks
London ON N5Y 4T7

The Military museum in Nanaimo does a good job but if you go to a any Legion they will be able to tell you what is available in your area

Young KH said:
The Military museum in Nanaimo does a good job but if you go to a any Legion they will be able to tell you what is available in your area

Crap...you have a thing for 5 - year old threads don't you !!

Out of Regina, a retired MAJ does them, and does a good job too (he did mine). Try MAJ C Keith Inches, he is in the white pages, and the only 'C Keith' in there.

Cheers,

Wes

I have had a wide variety of quality when it comes to mounting medals. One of the best mounters I have had is Mr Alder Currie of Edmonton.

The Currie's Orders, Decorations and Medals
8503-151 Ave
Edmonton, Alberta T5E 5Y1

Phone (780) 478-6812
ahcurrie@telus.net

I was impressed with Mr Curries work ethic and his quick turn around. He will work with you to make sure that it is as you want it. Also, he provides GOOD qualities pins so they don't fall off during a parade.

Even though I don't live in Edmonton any longer, I have kept his card in the unlikely event I might get another medal. :salute:

Chimo said:
I have had a wide variety of quality when it comes to mounting medals. One of the best mounters I have had is Mr Alder Currie of Edmonton.

The Currie's Orders, Decorations and Medals
8503-151 Ave
Edmonton, Alberta T5E 5Y1

Phone (780) 478-6812
ahcurrie@telus.net

I was impressed with Mr Curries work ethic and his quick turn around. He will work with you to make sure that it is as you want it. Also, he provides GOOD qualities pins so they don't fall off during a parade.

Even though I don't live in Edmonton any longer, I have kept his card in the unlikely event I might get another medal. :salute:
seconded!

How can all of you miss the point that if you go through supply you will get them mounted for free. ???
Seems better than paying as long as it gets done right. If not send it back until it is.

You can be reimbursed for it through a general allowance claim. You do not have to use the supply system contractor.

SigPigs said:
How can all of you miss the point that if you go through supply you will get them mounted for free. ???
Seems better than paying as long as it gets done right. If not send it back until it is.

The supply system sends them off to a local source (depending on the base) which most likely has some relation to a politician. In turn you avoid the claim but you get the medals back in whatever condition they chose. I have only once used the system to get my medals done and they came back looking like they were run through the spin cycle and assembled by monkeys riddled with alzheimers. Yes I tried to send them back but the civilian worker at supply refused and of course she has the RSM in her pocket because all she has to do is threaten to strike.

Anyway back on topic, your medals are awarded to you and not issued to you. Take pride in them and have them mounted by a reputable source, even if it means a few extra bucks out of your pocket. :cdn:

When I got my last one (CPSM) my wife took a look at my old ones and mounted the new ones all together.  I picked up the ribbon from supply and she did the work.  They look better than half of the ones I see on parade and I can find a good "mounter" where ever we get posted.

Apologies to all if this topic is covered somewhere else (yes I tried searching).
Does anyone have a suggestion for someone who can do Court Mounting of Medals, and provide Ribbons and minis?
This would ideally be someone in the Toronto area who has done decent (verifiable) work before.
And is not "Tony The Tailor".
Cheers!

If you live in toronto...

www.sgtbilkos.ca

He has a guy who mounts medals.. 

I got mine done there.  He also has minitures.

Good evening everyone,

I recently acquired two WW2 medals from my grandfather, who served in the British army, and he's always wanted to get them mounted. I figured it would be a nice gesture to get them properly mounted for him. Does anyone know where I can get them mounted somewhere in the GTA? I did a search but couldn't find any relevant info.

Thanks a lot

Matt P

I can't recommend any specific spot, but perhaps one of the many surplus stores can help. You might also try the ROM or other museums. Then again, ask at one of the Reserve units and they are sure to have a reference for you.

There is this offer from a site sponsor:

Mike Bobbitt said:
All,

I have just been informed by Canadian Militaria that they are offering a discount to all Army.ca members. Details follow:

• Canadian Militaria will give Army.ca members a flat 10% discount on anything stocked including medal mounting and replica medals.
  • Canadian Militaria will give an additional 5% discount on Army.ca subscribers on anything stocked including medal mounting and replica medals.
  • Must be confirmed on membership listing.

Canadian Militaria also supports Army.ca as a paid advertiser.

Cheers
Mike

Trinity said:
If you live in toronto...

www.sgtbilkos.ca

He has a guy who mounts medals.. 

I got mine done there.  He also has minitures.
You can now find me at www.armyoutfitters.ca and yes I can have your medals mounted and supply minis which are far better than the garbage ones at the RCR kit shop

Back