• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

Fair enough on the interim solution but only because the FFCP was a debacle in strategic planning for the last decade ( a debacle not solely of the CAFs doing, the GoC owns a large portion).
Not entirely convinced of the excessive risk piece either but I am most certainly not in a lane on that.

I am once again asking for some F Ech love.

Crappy issue Tac Vest and boots say...

Jon Hamm Yes GIF

I am once again asking for some F Ech love.

Compare the age of the HLVW and LSVW fleets to the LAV 6.0 age, then come back.

I cry everytime.
They had some really good kit out today. The program manager for operational kit & clothing at Logistik is former military and was very proud of what they've got on trial. Now it's up to the government to fund it.

Compare the age of the HLVW and LSVW fleets to the LAV 6.0 age, then come back.
Ah yes, the downgrade from the LAVIII. We need tanks, IFVs, guns, missiles, AD, et al yesterday but you know that. Time for the procurement folk to do their jobs and time for the government to fund it. Full steam before the funny finally happens.

HLs and LS do desperately need replacing and I'm all for it. Bullets don't fly without supply.

They had some really good kit out today. The program manager for operational kit & clothing at Logistik is former military and was very proud of what they've got on trial. Now it's up to the government to fund it.
Wish I could have seen it. Got any pictures? Thank you for your posts earlier.

Ah yes, the downgrade from the LAVIII. We need tanks, IFVs, guns, missiles, AD, et al yesterday but you know that. Time for the procurement folk to do their jobs and time for the government to fund it. Full steam before the funny finally happens.

HLs and LS do desperately need replacing and I'm all for it. Bullets don't fly without supply.
The procurement folks are doing their jobs. Having been in one of those offices, we are bound by the various govt rules and procedures.

We can recommend and propose whatever, but there are many players in that area.

This is also not an issue limited to the CAF, or even Canada in general.

This article on US assistance to Taiwan has an interesting item that caught my attention in relation to the CAF and its budget.
The article talks briefly about the Taiwanese limitations accepting US military assistance in terms of capacity and capabilities to integrate and utilize the assistance funding. It’s possible according to the article that the ability to integrate funds could be as low as $500 million a year.

The thought in my head is what is the dollar value in new funding that the CAF can actually fully implement and integrate into the strategic plan year to year.
That is likely an important number estimate to have at the strategic level.

Team Red Ottawa Franchise: When the Globe & Mail editorial board says it's time, maybe it's time?
Also archived here if previous link doesn't work.

Anyone in PMO reading this?
BuellerAnyone.jpeg

Summary of the key points:

1. Blair makes promises, let's see if he can keep them.

2. CAF is short by tons of people, and it sucks at recruiting. "The forces' human resource department appears to have adopted a mindset of approving an application only after all opportunities to reject it have failed."

3. We need to upgrade our equipment and introduce new modern capabilities. It specifically mentions submarines.

4. We are starting to anger our allies, particularly the US.

Back