• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Parachute Companies, and Airborne after the loss of the CAR.

S

Se7eN

Hi,
As you might guess a paratrooper is my future choice in profession. Iam sorry if this has been asked before. But I would like to know from members of the Companies (3PPCLI PARA and 3RCR PARA) what the differences and similarities are if they can tell me. Like the SOP‘s, if they still hold Indoc courses, training an such. Do the companies still do joint Ex with american Rangers, SF ect.

Thank you,
JH :D

First you have to get into one of the 3rd Bn‘s and then see from there. There‘s not a lot of differences, just your normal RCR/PPCLI differences, nothing really Para related that‘s different that I know of. We try to keep our SOP‘s in line with what the CDO‘s were and I‘m pretty sure the Patricias‘ do the same. I can say one thing that might give you an idea.

"Further, Faster, First"

Airborne!

Can anybody enlighten me as to what happened to the Canadian Airborne after it was disbanded?
Does Canada still have an "Airborne Regiment"?

Checkout a couple of books...."******* Sons", Eat Your Own", get a copy of the Somalia Inquiry summary...check online and get the info. Proud Regiment...that was scapegoated and politically assassinated.

What has happened is that the three infantry regiments (RCR,VanDoos, and PPCLI) have formed Light Infantry Battalions which house Para Coys. The Canadian Parachute Centre is now at CFB Trenton. This topic has been around for sometime as well. You should find a discussion in the threads of this forum.

3 RCR Para Coy

-the patriot- :cdn:

Thanks for the info guys, I will search through the previous threads for further info.

Quick question: is the Para Coy of 3 RCR a lettered company (i.e. M, N, O or P Coy) or a separate block that was transferred over en masse when the CAR was disbanded?

The 3 RCR Para Coy takes the place of Mike Company but is not designated as such. The RCR Para Coy is unique in naming as 3VP and 3R22R‘s Para companys are their Alpha company.

Thanks. So what about N, O and P Coys? What do they do now?

N coy is the designated airmoble/hel-ops company. O coy is the BV-206 company. There is no "P" coy. All the battalions lost their 4th rifle coy. 1RCR lost D coy after ROTO 2 in Bosnia...

Maybe this is a dumb question, but when did the infantry battalions lose their fourth company? I tried looking for this, but haven‘t found anything.

When the 3rd Battalions (LIBS) stood up in 96‘, the manning was only to include 3 rifle coys. The other reg force BN‘s downsized to 3 rifle coys shortly after that, I think the last one was "disbanded" in 98‘.

Just a question:

Do the soldiers in the para coys have the airborne coin? Or did that practice die out with the disbanding of the Airborne Regiment?

After serving for a year in a hard para position the member can get the same Airborne coin from the ARAC. The coy CSM sends the president a copy of the nominal roll indicating those who qualify. All "after regiment" coins #‘s are preceded by "AR" and start at 10000. For example, "AR10214"

Thank‘s web miester for the photo‘s,keep posting and we will keep looking.

http://3rcrparacoy.homestead.com/AFGHANISTANhome.html

I like the one of the agricultural product‘s that 3rd world nation‘s do produce.

Our thought‘s and silent prayer‘s are with you all,jumper‘s,leg‘s,engineer‘s and zipper head‘s alike.

Come Home Safe and Sound!!

DSCF0016.jpg

LMAO :dontpanic: :evil: :blotto: ;) :army:

Back