• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Having to re-input password ...

Funny thing tonight....I logged on no problem, but when I went to view a thread I was logged out in the next page.

A couple more things to check... For those who are seeing the problem occur, what's the expiry on your cookie? It should be significantly in the future, depending on how long you choose to stay logged in.

The second thing is, what URLs are you using? If you're jumping from say milnet.ca to army.ca, that may cause you to log in again (but only once). I wonder if it's just certain links that are presenting the issue... For example folks are saying it occurs when they make a new post. Can someone outline the exact steps leading up to that? I.E. what page were you on, what link did you click on to make a new post, and when did the login screen occur? URLs of each of those pages might also be handy.

We will get to the bottom of it.

Thanks!
Mike

I have found that the relogging occurs when I have been away for awhile, refresh the main page, then click on a topic.....once it clicks on a topic, it wants you to relog in, then continues on to that topic.

Sorry, I haven't looked at my cookies, cause I only think of it once I log in....I need to see the status before I log in.

firefox, BTW

I go directly to www.army.ca and it happens to me on IE, Firefox, iPod and DWAN several times a day... seems like every time I switch computers/device though it could be coincidence.

Cookies are saying they should be good.... have you tried deleting all the error logs? Have you seen anything in there like "no space on device" or anything?

Mike,

I'm using only Army.ca (the other sites' colour schemes irritate me  >:D). I am only surfing from my laptop here in the shacks, so it can't be caused by computer or site-shifting. My chosen log-in option is "stay logged in forever". I had never experienced this issue before ... until a couple of days before I started this thread ~ the first couple of days, I figured it was something that I was doing wrong until I couldn't solve it myself and figured just maybe it wasn't me after all.

I'm happy to say I haven't had this problem. But, I do still have Christmas lights across the top of the page. I take this to mean that the operators of this site are the type to leave their lights up well into February. :)

Rheostatic said:
But, I do still have Christmas lights across the top of the page. I take this to mean that the operators of this site are the type to leave their lights up well into February. :)

I've already had the error of my ways pointed out here

It's been almost a week since the last reported instance, which coincides with a change made here... Has this problem gone away?

NSTR to report here, or on alternate means.

Looks like the last upgrade fixed it... until the next upgrade breaks it again...

dapaterson said:
Looks like the last upgrade fixed it... until the next upgrade breaks it again...

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.    ;D

Strike said:
Working here now too.

It never did not work for me - any computer, any country ... which is why I continue to believe that Mike's software has evolved and has acquired consciousness, allowing to it understand that it can trust certain people (e.g. me) but not others (e.g. Moe or Strike) ...  :-*

E.R. Campbell said:
It never did not work for me - any computer, any country ... which is why I continue to believe that Mike's software has evolved and has acquired consciousness, allowing to it understand that it can trust certain people (e.g. me) but not others (e.g. Moe or Strike) ...  :-*

Smart computer.  ;)

E.R. Campbell said:

Great....here comes SKYNET......and the termintors.....

;D

E.R. Campbell said:

Ahem; it should darn well trust me.  >:(

ArmyVern said:
Ahem; it should darn well trust me.  >:(
Hang on.......Moe and Strike are away on courses; you are away on pre-depl trg -- and now things are working fine.

Coincidence?

;D

Back