• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

I’m of the opinion that Israel probably has enough AD systems and munitions for Iron Dome to cover them for years…
Opinion- then why is the US announcing plane loads of munitions for this sys being dispatched and reported landing as we speak?

this comes down to bible stories, and no one can agree who is the chosen people and what land is the land of milk and honey.

Everyone claims to be the chosen people and everyone wants the land of milk and honey.

Religion is not the problem, it is the leadership of the groups involved who do not want peace because once there is peace they no longer hold any power over anyone.

Here we go again. Time to separate those who were in Israel and caught up in this mess and Canadians living in Israel who want a free ride out.
Bit more on this from the GAC Minister's info machine ...
Screenshot 2023-10-11 103950.jpg

Yes and so is Christianity although Catholics and Protestants waged wars as well. I think that is past us but every once in a while it rears its head.
Islam hasn’t had a reformation like Christianity has. While it’s 400 years younger than Christianity, it has not really advanced in terms of it views on life, and other social issues.

Cynically we didn’t allow women to vote for ages, so maybe around 2320 we should expect that from Islamic nations, not to mention some nations still continued apartheid in the late 20 Century.

Or maybe this event will finally be a pivot for change, like WWI was for women’s suffrage.
Ideally the governments of Syria and Iran will fall from this and greater prosperity, cooperation and acceptance will emerge

Ya think?

Ireland enters the chat.

Angry Colin Farrell GIF by Searchlight Pictures

I don’t really get the huge deal about evac flights out. Commercial air is presently flying in and out of Tel Aviv. I can go on Expedia right now and box a flight from Tel Aviv to Toronto for tomorrow if I want to. We aren’t talking a bail out of a place getting overrun or anything.

You're correct. Jordan doesn't want any more Palestinian refugees for several reasons:
  • Cost. The camps are costly to support even with UN help
  • Demographics / Politics. The Palestinian birth rate is high compared to Jordanian population. The Palestinians hold some political views which run counter to the Jordanian government which is a constitutional monarchy, however unlike the UK, King Abdullah II exercises significant political power. The Jordanian gov't is worried about the influence of the Palestinians over the Jordanian people. Monarchy - good, more democracy / freedom - bad
  • Economy. Palestinians are taking jobs away from the Jordanians and if the economy falls, anger will flare up between the two populations causing civil unrest.

I would suspect that neighbouring countries with Palestinian refugees don't want any more either. It increases the drain on the gov't coffers and exponentially increases the risk of dissent and conflict within the general population.
Google Jordan and Black Sept. Palestinians always bite the hand that feeds them.

Back