• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

1:39PM

Three foreign nationals expelled from France for antisemitism​

Three foreign nationals have been expelled from France for antisemitic acts or comments since the weekend, according to a government spokesperson.
Gérald Darmanin, the interior minister, said that any non-nationals accused of antisemitic acts would be immediately expelled with their resident permit card cancelled.
Since the weekend there have been around 50 antisemitic acts recorded, he added, with 20 people arrested.

Israel-Palestine latest news: Joe Biden says Hamas terrorists beheaded children

If the self-proclaimed exemplars of Universal Human Rights can do it we can do it.

And what grounds of selection? Simple. Enemies of our friends.

In all fairness, I think every religion is garbage, in equal terms.
I get 'faith'. I get humanities need over the centuries to find answers for that which their mind couldn't answer. I don't get religion.

I don’t really get the huge deal about evac flights out. Commercial air is presently flying in and out of Tel Aviv. I can go on Expedia right now and box a flight from Tel Aviv to Toronto for tomorrow if I want to. We aren’t talking a bail out of a place getting overrun or anything.
It's the least we can do; and our governments like doing the least.

People wonder why there is an abundance of hate...

Get 'em while they're young , eh? Indoctrination ensures a steady supply of future of followers.

Last edited:
I get 'faith'. I get humanities need over the centuries to find answers for that which their mind couldn't answer. I don't get religion.

Do you believe there is no god? :)

I don't believe there is an eternal, all-powerful being. Same thing? I never took philosophy or theology.
I have no personal reason to believe one way or another, but it's hard to make sense of the Big Bang without some creative force, and life seems to be better when you live it out as if there was indeed a metaphysical force that one may choose to call God and which empowers timeless traditions that provide us the answers to questions we have forgotten.

What's more, if you let morality become subjective, opportunistic totalitarians will tend to pave twelve-lane highways to Hell out of the best intentions in the world.

I have no personal reason to believe one way or another, but it's hard to make sense of the Big Bang without some creative force, and life seems to be better when you live it out as if there was indeed a metaphysical force that one may choose to call God and which empowers timeless traditions that provide us the answers to questions we have forgotten.

What's more, if you let morality become subjective, opportunistic totalitarians will tend to pave twelve-lane highways to Hell out of the best intentions in the world.
I can't make sense out of the Big Bang because I'm not smart enough.

I can't compare my life believing in a metaphysical force vs not believing in one; I can't figure out how to do a do-over to completely compare.

What "timeless traditions" are empowered by said metaphysical force? What answers does it provide? Answers to questions are validated by proof and evidence, not a 3rd party manuscript, and can change with new knowledge. At one point, the accepted 'truth' held that the earth was the centre of the solar system.

Regardless, way too off-topic and way too abstract for this aged brain.

I don't believe there is an eternal, all-powerful being. Same thing? I never took philosophy or theology.

It is a discussion with no end. :)
My own take is that everybody (most folks?) have some sort of internalized code that they use to make decisions.
Beyond that, I got nothing.

I can't make sense out of the Big Bang because I'm not smart enough.

I can't compare my life believing in a metaphysical force vs not believing in one; I can't figure out how to do a do-over to completely compare.

What "timeless traditions" are empowered by said metaphysical force? What answers does it provide? Answers to questions are validated by proof and evidence, not a 3rd party manuscript, and can change with new knowledge. At one point, the accepted 'truth' held that the earth was the centre of the solar system.

Regardless, way too off-topic and way too abstract for this aged brain.
Then let's bring it back on topic.

If proof and evidence alone can answer all our questions, how come Israel couldn't predict this attack?

How come Ukraine defeated the advance of the all-mighty Russian army?

There is such a thing as quantitative obsession, a phenomenon which has gripped and crippled the social sciences since at least the 80s, and which we are slowly waking up to.

There are also second, third, and fourth order effects to any decision we take, and so on. The human brain cannot possibly conceptualize every effect of every decision.

Everything is a trade-off, there are no freebies. Sometimes, though, you just can't see the other side of the deal.

While there may be some moral truths universal enough to be considered objective (maybe) the vast majority of morale codes are positioned on a sliding scale to the highly subjective. And you're right, because of that subjectivity you have numerous opportunistic totalitarians paving those twelve lane highways which, for the most part, are paved with religious dogma.

🍻

If the self-proclaimed exemplars of Universal Human Rights can do it we can do it.

And what grounds of selection? Simple. Enemies of our friends.
you expect that from this GoC? The ones that like dictatorships? And budgets that balance themselves?

you expect that from this GoC? The ones that like dictatorships? And budgets that balance themselves?

No.

But I think the Liberal Party of Canada has a strong corporate sense of self-preservation.

If they don't find a replacement somebody else will.

While there may be some moral truths universal enough to be considered objective (maybe) the vast majority of morale codes are positioned on a sliding scale to the highly subjective. And you're right, because of that subjectivity you have numerous opportunistic totalitarians paving those twelve lane highways which, for the most part, are paved with religious dogma.

🍻

Right up until there.

re·li·gion

the belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods.
a particular system of faith and worship.
a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.

".....paved with dogma"

Your dogmatic response may or may not require a belief in a supreme being. Or it may require disavowing a belief in a supreme being. Or it may merely require a belief in a supreme leader, or council of leaders.

I suppose discussions about the Holy Land are going to end up here some time.... :LOL:

If proof and evidence alone can answer all our questions, how come Israel couldn't predict this attack?
I don't know; they weren't looking? Didn't properly interpret what they learned? Deliberately let it happen to justify a response? Batteries ran out?

I'm not sure how the question relates to faith or religion. Everybody has god on their side.

I don't know; they weren't looking? Didn't properly interpret what they learned? Deliberately let it happen to justify a response? Batteries ran out?

I'm not sure how the question relates to faith or religion. Everybody has god on their side.
Except for the Toronto Maple Leafs, they're all alone in this world......

Right up until there.

".....paved with dogma"

Your dogmatic response may or may not require a belief in a supreme being. Or it may require disavowing a belief in a supreme being. Or it may merely require a belief in a supreme leader, or council of leaders.

I suppose discussions about the Holy Land are going to end up here some time.... :LOL:
remember, there is a great difference between faith and religion.

Back