• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

They did the same thing to stop their convoy protesters.

U Ottawa has already warned protesters planning to try an encampment here. We’ll see if they get stopped…

is that pension protest still a thing? ad, it's been going on forever.
No, they finally reached a deal is my understanding. Separate from that I think the provincial government also passed legislation to force them into proper uniform. Or at least they were talking about it. Stopped following it a while ago, sorry. If memory serves I think there was also a bit of bad case law- someone got out of a traffic charge because the officer wasn't properly identifiable or some such.

A lot of them stayed in vehicles or hotels, and probably the majority of the crowd were local anyway. We saw it swell significantly on weekends.

Locals pissing off locals.

That is too rich.😄

SPVM and SQ tend to be a bit more thumpy, lol, yes. At Convoy SQ were the only ones that showed up in full riot gear and gas masks at all times. They were the ones in olive green that the smooth brains thought were UN soldiers or something.
Or conservation officers (actually, I don't mind their uniform).

National emergency, eh?
I’d say “hey there’s another thread for that” but in case people forgot - there were also related blockades at the Ambassador Bridge and Coutts, AB.

But back to this thread, it’s interesting that the President of Columbia University is vilified from both sides for completely opposite reasons - “they’ve gone too far” vs “they haven’t gone far enough”. Also, I mentioned this before but some of the folks crying foul over the EA being used to clear the Convoy after 3 weeks in Ottawa are now perfectly fine with SPVM and SQ clearing out student protesters in McGill after far less time.

They are both groups of (largely) Canadians who may have been bought in by misinformation and disinformation, and may (likely, but I digress) have been influenced by outside actors.

I’d say “hey there’s another thread for that” but in case people forgot - there were also related blockades at the Ambassador Bridge and Coutts, AB.

But back to this thread, it’s interesting that the President of Columbia University is vilified from both sides for completely opposite reasons - “they’ve gone too far” vs “they haven’t gone far enough”. Also, I mentioned this before but some of the folks crying foul over the EA being used to clear the Convoy after 3 weeks in Ottawa are now perfectly fine with SPVM and SQ clearing out student protesters in McGill after far less time.

They are both groups of (largely) Canadians who may have been bought in by misinformation and disinformation, and may (likely, but I digress) have been influenced by outside actors.

Glass half full: there's an entrepreneur out there making bank, Gawd bless 'em all ;)

Columbia's hyper-privileged protestors are being fed by buffet spread including $12 croissants, vegan and gluten-free homemade goods, 'nut zone' sanitizing wipes and a hot sauce stand​

• Columbia protestors snacked on $12 croissants at a pro-Palestine encampment
  • Packs of organic snacks, bakery take-outs and condiments were available
  • Students pledged not to leave until Columbia halts Israel-linked investments

Sanitizer wipes were readily available, with a sign on the bottle urging attendees to 'keep each other safe and wipe hands after touching NUTS.'

Glass half full: there's an entrepreneur out there making bank, Gawd bless 'em all ;)

Columbia's hyper-privileged protestors are being fed by buffet spread including $12 croissants, vegan and gluten-free homemade goods, 'nut zone' sanitizing wipes and a hot sauce stand​

• Columbia protestors snacked on $12 croissants at a pro-Palestine encampment
  • Packs of organic snacks, bakery take-outs and condiments were available
  • Students pledged not to leave until Columbia halts Israel-linked investments

Sanitizer wipes were readily available, with a sign on the bottle urging attendees to 'keep each other safe and wipe hands after touching NUTS.'

Blockade the demonstrations and see how long these over indulged brats last. No food. Water only. No lattes. Fuck all.

Have you considered that people were actually opposed to the EA, and not the clearing of protestors?

I know it's convenient to paint people with a different opinions as dumb hypocrites, but it's not always(or often) the case.

If McGill decides to have police deal with this it’ll be ugly. SPVM don’t dick around; Quebec police are just on a different level than the rest of us with public order stuff.
Do you guys have some kind of Order 66 type thing where you switch from using minimal force to kicking in the doom music?

Back