• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Sorry, meant professionally in the job sense, not the hitman sense. Emoticon lacking.
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

So they've gone full TBS? Never go full TBS.

uh... by that I mean TBS is great, and the pinnacle of our Public Service and you should always agree with what they say and not question their stupid ideas that only make sense if your head is [aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh]

We are not in agreement on that. I don’t know if that happened as well. I haven’t made any effort to find out about that part; I’d be going by what’s public on that like anyone else. I know a lot was going on and the crowd at that place and time was causing real problems.
That's fair.

It did happen, it was more of a pushing motion than an actual throw.

If someone didn't throw a bike at a police officer then "it" didn't happen. Pushing motion with a bike? I can see that happening but that's a considerably different context imo.

Dude, do you know who makes the cool aid that you drink? Between narratives of Ukraine is also bad and the federal government false-flagged the convoy, you might be taking in a bit too much TikTok.
Did I say they false flagged the Entire Convoy? I said it wouldn't shock me if the Federal Government had spread misinformation and use of False Flags as part of a deliberate PSYOP to support actions of the State. It's what the Government does. We even have units that are trained to do it.

I then provided a number of examples of where they in fact did just that. You can read about them, they are historical facts.

The assertion from certain people here is that the Convoy wanted to overthrow the Government. That's just not the case, maybe a small segment of people that were there wanted to, but to say the purpose of the Convoy was to overthrow the Government, that's not true and is misinformation in itself.

As for Tiktok, that's for girls and children, and apparently, Vandoo Paratroopers 😄

That’s because the people have never seen anything like a Canadian government freezing bank accounts, especially for this scenario.

Funny this isn‘t/wasn’t front page news at the time… it’s one of the biggest scandals of government overreach of our time.

There are far too many bootlicking yes-fucks in government today who believe they work for Trudeau and not the public.
I couldn't agree more. You had to have spent a lot of time in Ottawa to understand the true gravity of the situation.

Reactions: QV
It also says that the story is being shared by many people who are skeptical of it, because there's no proof.

Saying there is no proof is easy, especially in an environment where the only person who will speak of this allegation is the victim. Ask the Bank about it, the answer you'll get will be similar to the Feds:

"We can't discuss that"

Whether you choose to believe what I said earlier or not is true, that's your business.

Saying there is no proof is easy, especially in an environment where the only person who will speak of this allegation is the victim. Ask the Bank about it, the answer you'll get will be similar to the Feds:

"We can't discuss that"

Whether you choose to believe what I said earlier or not is true, that's your business.
Didn’t you ask for proof a few threads up that the manifesto was in fact written?

“Prove it” you said?

There really was two distinct "protests."

There was a broader movement, the Canadians donating, that showed up on the weekend and left, waving flags at overpasses, etc. This group was bigger, not homogenous, and largely not "in the know." 2nd, 3rd, 4th, hand information, supporting the idea the expressing frustration at the government.

Then there was the core protest. (Bauder, Barber, King, Laface etc) and the group in the hundreds that had either been organizing or being organized for weeks. Those involved at some level with the very public planning of "Operation Bearhug", the ones that thought that they were actually going to get the MOU (or something like it) enacted by "choking out" the whole of Ottawa. This group made up a much higher percentage of the long-haul occupiers than it did of the weekend protest and national support, but it very much did exist, and was at the core of the whole thing. They only walked back that asinine document because they realized that the hype about the scale was BS and that they were going to fail.

Acknowledging that rotten core doesn't delegitimize the anger felt and peacefully expressed by the others, but refusing to do so is just burying ones head in the sand about what was attempted.
I've never denied the existence of the nuts, they were on proud display for a few weeks...

That said, apart from your post most people mentioning the nuts aren't differentiating between the nuts, and the people using the protest as a way to show anger toward the government in general.

This is absolutely a thing, IMO.

PMO and PCO becoming PMCO, but at much lower levels within the Public Service…I definitely saw it in person post-2015. While I believe there has always been some degree of ‘belief bleed over’ shall I call it in the public service, particularly in the federal PS, I think that factor has grown significantly under the current government…not only grown, but been deliberately influenced to curry favour between the Govt and PS.
100%

This was something that came up in the discussions of the "deep state" down in the USA. It's definitely not an organized conspiracy, but it is individuals using their power/position to advance their careers and political beliefs.

The PS class is pretty strongly pro-LPC, and anti-CPC.

Didn’t you ask for proof a few threads up that the manifesto was in fact written?

“Prove it” you said?
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

I've never denied the existence of the nuts, they were on proud display for a few weeks...

That said, apart from your post most people mentioning the nuts aren't differentiating between the nuts, and the people using the protest as a way to show anger toward the government in general.
The entire "Freedom Convoy = Movement to overthrow Government" line is the same type of garbage the Russians use when they say "Ukraine = Nazis".

It's just a way to try to de-legitimize an opposing Movement. Anyone with half a brain knows the purpose of the Freedom Convoy was about ending COVID restrictions and lockdown mandates.

Anyone who says it was about something else is just being willfully ignorant.
100%

This was something that came up in the discussions of the "deep state" down in the USA. It's definitely not an organized conspiracy, but it is individuals using their power/position to advance their careers and political beliefs.

The PS class is pretty strongly pro-LPC, and anti-CPC.

Anyone who denies this is occurring is also being willfully ignorant.

This is absolutely a thing, IMO.

PMO and PCO becoming PMCO, but at much lower levels within the Public Service…I definitely saw it in person post-2015. While I believe there has always been some degree of ‘belief bleed over’ shall I call it in the public service, particularly in the federal PS, I think that factor has grown significantly under the current government…not only grown, but been deliberately influenced to curry favour between the Govt and PS.
It's enough of a thing that these days if you support any other party other than the LPC, you definitely don't want anyone at work to know about it or you'll get sidelined. You don't have to go very far up the ladder to experience this.

I wonder if a PP government would be sabotaged and hindered by a uncooperative PS bureaucracy.

It's just a way to try to de-legitimize an opposing Movement. Anyone with half a brain knows the purpose of the Freedom Convoy was about ending COVID restrictions and lockdown mandates.
Yeah I'm gonna go with
-the stated intent of the organizers
-the "legal" mechanism they tried to use
-the Governor General's office being inundated with calls demanding she dissolve parliament

It's enough of a thing that these days if you support any other party other than the LPC, you definitely don't want anyone at work to know about it or you'll get sidelined. You don't have to go very far up the ladder to experience this.

I wonder if a PP government would be sabotaged and hindered by a uncooperative PS bureaucracy.
Harper got a lot done, but telling someone what they want to do is illegal isn't 'hindering' the government, it's following the Constitution and laws. If the elected government doesn't like the laws, it's on them to update it first.

If you are suggesting the current PS processes are LPC friendly and 'getting things done' quickly because of it, I'd weep to see things being hindered. The NSS has been internally sniped for over a decade regardless of who is in power, so I think it's less about 'politics' than individual empires. I do give people the benefit of the doubt where they feel it's their responsibility to question things to make sure money is spent responsibly, but the delays caused by internal strife probably cost billions in delays.

Harper got a lot done, but telling someone what they want to do is illegal isn't 'hindering' the government, it's following the Constitution and laws. If the elected government doesn't like the laws, it's on them to update it first.

If you are suggesting the current PS processes are LPC friendly and 'getting things done' quickly because of it, I'd weep to see things being hindered. The NSS has been internally sniped for over a decade regardless of who is in power, so I think it's less about 'politics' than individual empires. I do give people the benefit of the doubt where they feel it's their responsibility to question things to make sure money is spent responsibly, but the delays caused by internal strife probably cost billions in delays.
The NSS and other programs are not to deliver a result or spend money wisely and responsibly. It is first to spend money if that does get a deliverable than great but it is not a 100% requirement.

And yes the PS is been politized. One by the natural mind set of the people working and second very much by design by this government. So much so that even if they lose the new government will not be able to move much around.

Some members of the PS were overtly relieved when the CPC was removed from government. In fairness, some of the finance-oriented people were overtly relieved when Harper and Flaherty took over the reins for a while. Not the same degree or kind of relief, though.

The convoy and associated (and still ongoing, but small) protests were not coherent. Lumping all of them in with the Guy Fawkes faction is unhelpful. It used to be pretty much the entire right side of sociopolitics could be depended on to be pro-order, pro-police, pro-Forces, etc. That has changed; there's been some erosion. It's not all on them. The spillover of cranky right-wing politics [from the US] into the little people of Canada is unwelcome, but so is the spillover of smug politicians' responses to people the politicians apparently don't like. I reasonably have tougher expectations of people who stand higher on the ladder of comfort and influence.

That said, apart from your post most people mentioning the nuts aren't differentiating between the nuts, and the people using the protest as a way to show anger toward the government in general

But that is standard classification for a mixture of nuts . . .

mixed nuts.jpg

There may be expected, specific and identified items in the mixture, but . . .

May contain.jpg

. . . there is usually a number of other things, not always welcome, healthy or helpful. And if it's in the package, regardless of what it is, it's going to be identified as mixed nuts.

Don't police video crowd interactions? If so it would have been everywhere as an example of thuggish deplorable redneck behaviour that would justify a heavy response.
They do, but it has limitations, particularly in urban areas and where multiple 'scenes' are dynamic. Altitude gives the best perspective, but you need access to rooftops, in this case multiple rooftops. Drones help, but are limited by battery life. Municipal traffic cameras can help but most aren't 'pan and zoom' so are of limited use. It's not like on TV where they can instantly hack into every camera on the planet and zoom into to read licence plates from space.

Back