• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Basic Parachutist - Q&A

I‘ve been told i‘ve been nominated to take the jump crs. as the units sending one guy to trenton(?) to part take in the fun filled 3 week badboy of a crs.

They‘ve nominated 3 people but only ones‘ goin so i gotta get in shape, i was wondering if anyone knew the PT requirements offhand, it wold really really help me out guys. Thx.

:skull:

Do a search of old topics around here as it‘s a pretty common question and has risen before.

My mistake...thought it was listed under an easy topic like jump test or something similar:)

Here ya go

http://cdnarmy.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000583

How hard is it/much to it? I‘d give my left nut for when I go in to be able to get a para course.

be prepared to run
EVERYWHERE
be prepared to see a good 125 push ups per day at least.
throw a ruck on, and go run for 6 klicks.
do alot of chin ups
I didn‘t have to give my left nut, I just asked for it and I got it. now that made no sense to me. I was a FNG and I got jump, go figure.
Greg

Sounds fun :D I‘m totally up for that :D . After trade training would I take thta or what?

Im gonna be realistic and wait till Im in the best shape i can be in. :D

Definatly something I‘d love to do though.

Originally posted by Sh0rtbUs:
[qb] Im gonna be realistic and wait till Im in the best shape i can be in. :D

Definatly something I‘d love to do though. [/qb]
Exactly, I‘m not getten my hopes up but I‘m gonna ****well try my hardest. It‘d be a dream to get Para.

And you know what, bud, I have full confidence.
But you‘re too much of a sweetheart to go army... :D

As long as a person is willing to give something their all, Im confident that they‘ll be successful.

if you want it bad enough, its yours for the taking.

That‘s a good frame of mind for academics or junior athletics, but i‘ve always wondered how well the "little train that could" mentality would work in a speciality that is primarily based on one‘s physical strength.

Oh course, i hope i‘m wrong. Are there any paras out there that were once underweight/overweight and living in a basement off of beer and nachos?

(Just an example....i prefer sour candies.)

Originally posted by nULL:
[qb] That‘s a good frame of mind for academics or junior athletics, but i‘ve always wondered how well the "little train that could" mentality would work in a speciality that is primarily based on one‘s physical strength.

Oh course, i hope i‘m wrong. Are there any paras out there that were once underweight/overweight and living in a basement off of beer and nachos?

(Just an example....i prefer sour candies.) [/qb]
I could do anything FAR better physically then I could do in academic‘s. Btw nice example lmao..

ditto, Im definatly not an academic, and physical tasks are what i excel at. This doesnt mean im ready for para tho, it means I may have it slightly easier than others (thats if the instructors dont clue in to this and work me like a ____)

Personally, I think I can do everything required of me physically if I work at it.

yeah you‘d request for it.
you‘d have to be mod qualified before you can get basic para
I personally live off of beer and nacho‘s, so long as you give your ****dest you‘re fine.
I mean I had shin splints so bad that I couldn‘t walk properly, let alone run. but pro patria and carry on.
2 weeks of pure **** is all worth the one week of awesome fun you can get.
Greg

how long is the para course? 2 weeks you say? I think I could hold out for that long, I thought it was more.

it‘s 3 weeks total.
2 weeks of ground training, with a day on the mock tower.
a week of j-stage. if you ever do get on a course, bring a camera. cowboy shots are always fun to take.
well your body takes a HUGE beating on course. the way that mock chute system makes you bend over, the amount of times you‘re legs with smack the padding for landing class, or how your body feels after getting out of the tourture racks, just to do push ups on your brain bucket. you‘d be amazed at what you thought wasn‘t possible for the human body to do.
I remember my hands went into shock after the 53rd push up on my helmet, but I somehow finised the hundred.
Greg

Originally posted by Yeoman:
[qb] it‘s 3 weeks total.
2 weeks of ground training, with a day on the mock tower.
a week of j-stage. if you ever do get on a course, bring a camera. cowboy shots are always fun to take.
well your body takes a HUGE beating on course. the way that mock chute system makes you bend over, the amount of times you‘re legs with smack the padding for landing class, or how your body feels after getting out of the tourture racks, just to do push ups on your brain bucket. you‘d be amazed at what you thought wasn‘t possible for the human body to do.
I remember my hands went into shock after the 53rd push up on my helmet, but I somehow finised the hundred.
Greg [/qb]
That‘s nuts.... :D I can‘t wait! lol. Hopefully I can meet the requirements... just gotta do my bloody best.

If anyone can tell me, what happens after the para course, if you want to be a paratrooper? Is there some kind of maroon beret course, or do you ask to get tasked to para coy? Any help?

I appreciate the enthusiasm lads, but maybe concentrate on the first step first...no point worrying about your jump course when you got basic training infront of you.

I say this because the guys on the board who have been around for a while have seen squirts full of talk about all the hardcore stuff, but can‘t complete a simple ruck march. In the Army, you will succeed if you concentrate on things one step at a time.

Back