• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Yet they messed up the vaccine procurement badly, proving that nobody has been perfect. If Canada had screwed up the way Australia and New Zealand did, you would be raging, don't lie.

You keep calling it that and keep failing to say who in the G20 did better than Canada outside of the USA and UK. Put up or sh...

Its what you are expecting.

Canada needs to be near the USA and UK despite not having any homegrown production. How? Magic.
We will see.

Remember when I said to let military members administer vaccines? People said no way, who would take a vaccine from a soldier?

So when I said I knew better than Hillier, and things I suggested were opening up vaccine centers to younger ages if older folks didn't want them, let soldiers do vaccinations.

Now Ontario has opened vaccinations to 40+ for AZ and are letting firefighters (so not soldiers, but still) do it.

Yay me!

All I am hearing from you is you expect Canada to be running up there with the vaccine powerhouses who have domestic production, but not saying how you expect to be up there with the vaccine powerhouses with no domestic production.

Sure, you make stuff up all the time.

"Just go to the vaccine companies first and buy ALL their supply"

Which no country has done, which leads to the realization that what you were suggesting was never going to happen.

Other than that, you want Canada to be up there with the USA and UK. How? Magic.
We might have had domestic vaccine production, had the Liberals not tried to make a deal with the Chinese and fail to return the phone calls of domestic pharmaceutical companies, begging for research dollars last spring...

We might have had domestic vaccine production, had the Liberals not tried to make a deal with the Chinese and fail to return the phone calls of domestic pharmaceutical companies, begging for research dollars last spring...
Good point, they might have. At the same time, reviving a domestic vaccine production facility that has been long dormant is no easy task. The facility they are trying to build in Montreal is still not online.

It would have better to not let our domestic production to die off decades ago.

Don't hurt your hand patting yourself on the back for a s.t.r.e...t...c.h association.
Or maybe I just had a good idea of what Ontario should have been doing weeks before they implemented it.

No shame in the political leadership in Ontario not being as wise as yours truly.

Or maybe I just had a good idea of what Ontario should have been doing weeks before they implemented it.

No shame in the political leadership in Ontario not being as wise as yours truly.
Commissionaires are next, once the supplies of firefighters are exhausted.

And then Boy/Girl Scouts.
I like how you dismiss the offer of trained medical personnel by equating them with boy/girl scouts. You are taking this situation very very seriously.

John Candy Reaction GIF

And I like how you dismiss any criticism of GoC response.

I have mentioned multiple places where I think the GoC could have done better, from closing borders, to having a more consistent message on masking.

I dismiss any criticism of the vaccine procurement, and will continue to do so until you or anyone else can point to a single G20 outside of the USA and UK who has done better than Canada.

Its almost like LTC is a provincial jurisdiction....

I have mentioned multiple places where I think the GoC could have done better, from closing borders, to having a more consistent message on masking.

I dismiss any criticism of the vaccine procurement, and will continue to do so until you or anyone else can point to a single G20 outside of the USA and UK who has done better than Canada.

Its almost like LTC is a provincial jurisdiction....
And it's almost like where early federal action, and jurisdiction, could have had an impact on what is provincial jurisdiction, and outcomes.

Alot or people skofff at the audacity of mortals questioning "experts", and equating said people to tinfoil wearing nuts.

Top Canadian WHO adviser under fire after downplaying airborne threat of COVID-19​

Link
An influential Canadian doctor and top adviser to the World Health Organization has come under fire from international experts for his controversial comments downplaying the risk of airborne spread of the coronavirus.

Dr. John Conly, an infectious diseases physician and professor of medicine at the University of Calgary, not only denied that aerosol transmission is a primary route of transmission, despite mounting evidence to the contrary, but also said that N95 masks can cause "harms" — including acne.

And it's almost like where early federal action, and jurisdiction, could have had an impact on what is provincial jurisdiction, and outcomes.
Sure.

What the feds can do beyond throwing more money at the provinces is beyond me though.

Every time the feds try to improve something in provincial jurisdiction, there is the same ole, "just give me the money and I'll take care of it" response from the provinces.

I will say this though.

Every time I say I think the feds have done a fine job with vaccine procurement, I get told I'm wrong. I ask to point out another G20 nation that did better outside of the UK and USA, and I get crickets.

I get a lot of what about this, what about that, most of which, on some level or another, I will mostly agree with.

Border closures? Agreed.

Weakness of our healthcare system and LTC? Agreed.

Nonsense restricts? Agreed.

Public health response being a complete gong show?Agreed.

Flights from new hotspots? Agreed.

But nobody ever answers the question of which G20 country outside of the USA and UK did better than Canada. Which, at this point, I'm just going to take as there is no good answer because Canada is doing just as good, if not better than the rest of the G20, which seems like a decent response for a country with no ability to make its own vaccines.

So I hope this narrative that Canada somehow messed up procurement is put to rest. Or that someone can come up with a credible answer. One or the other, I don't care which.

Now Ontario has opened vaccinations to 40+ for AZ and are letting firefighters (so not soldiers, but still) do it.
Putting party politics aside and focusing on Operations,

Starting next week, teams of Toronto Paramedics and Firefighters will be deployed with partner physicians and healthcare professionals to locations across Toronto to operate mobile COVID-19 clinics. The teams will leverage the clinical expertise of Paramedics and healthcare professionals, who will serve as vaccine loaders and immunizers, while Firefighters manage logistics, client screening, registration and after-care support.

FYI - when I got my jab in London last week it was administered by a young paramedic. There were a fair number of them amongst the various staff manning the mass immunization clinic set up in what was basically a hockey rink in a community centre.

🍻

Back