• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Only a couple months late, folks can go to hockey games in the US and I cant walk alone on a golf course. But hey, if you want comfirmation bias, you'll find it in any data.

Only a couple months late, folks can go to hockey games in the US and I cant walk alone on a golf course. But hey, if you want comfirmation bias, you'll find it in any data.
Yes, you can't golf.

Unless you live in

NL
NS
NB
PEI
QC
NT
NU
MB
AB
BC
SK
YK

Then you can golf.

lol.

Again, compare us to EU, and we are right there with them. The outliers are the UK and USA, for reasons talked to death here. Compared to our peers we are doing well.

Peers? We’re not Anglosphere? FVEYS? Etc?

Peers? We’re not Anglosphere? FVEYS? Etc?
No, we are not.

The USA and UK are mass producing vaccines. Canada has yet to produce a SINGLE one.

So our vaccine rollouts are not going to be remotely the same. Hell, I'm surprised we are edging ahead of Europe, seeing as they have homegrown production. Not all member states do, and they are distributing it as a block, so they are by far our more direct comparable and thus peers.

To compare Canada to the UK and USA is to be willfully ignorant of the realities of the situation. I guess comparing Canada to the EU or G20 and having us trailing only the UK and USA and ahead of or on par with the powerhouses of Europe makes Canada look not that bad, and given the government in power we cannot have that, eh?

The economic reversal of fortune is not staggering; it's expected. What do the big brains at the think tanks suppose will happen when all the people who were working and had no way to spend much money arrive at the point in time when the restrictions drop away? We'll have a lot of people with a lot of accumulated funds looking for things to spend it on, and a lot of governments following the only playbook they know (borrow and spend). If production doesn't increase enough to soak up that demand, inflation will follow (it's what happens when too many dollars are chasing too few goods and services - people bid up what they are willing to pay).

The USA and UK are mass producing vaccines. Canada has yet to produce a SINGLE one.
Israel hasnt produced a single one either, I hear they did pretty good. Pretty sure Mexico doesnt have domestic production either, and they were ahead of us in both fully vaccinated by population percentage and total vaccines administered.

Worst in North America, but its Doug Ford's fault.

Israel hasnt produced a single one either, I hear they did pretty good. Pretty sure Mexico doesnt have domestic production either, and they were ahead of us in both fully vaccinated by population percentage and total vaccines administered.

Worst in North America, but its Doug Ford's fault.
Israel, the unitary state that small enough to have 1 central hub that could get vaccines to every part of the country within hours by road and agreed to be Pfizers guinea pig, something Canada couldn't really do. Sure.

Or let's be envious of Mexico, who has vaccinated 10 percent of their population and won't be close to 100 percent anywhere near July.

You have are grasping at straws trying to make a narrative that the LPC have screwed up in the midst of our country about to be flooded with vaccines. We are going to be fully vaccinated 2 months after the USA, and in line with Europe, this as a small country of 38 million people with no domestic production.

Like I said before, it's not how you start, it's how you finish, and Canada is finishing strong. Try to make it look bad all you you want in order to make the ruling party look bad, but the facts won't bear that out my friend.

ABOUT to be flooded with vaccines.

Yawns

Like I said before, it's not how you start, it's how you finish, and Canada is finishing strong. Try to make it look bad all you you want in order to make the ruling party look bad, but the facts won't bear that out my friend.

Bullshit of the highest order.......first of all IT IS how you start, to say different is the ABSOLUTE height of stupidity. How many have died, and how many more infected, because of our start?? It mattered...they mattered....

Second of all, I truly wish Mr. Trudeau and the current Govt. had come through this with flying colours, but the reality is they didn't even come close. See #1........see more possible variants at every international airport in Canada to this day still.

Bullshit of the highest order.......first of all IT IS how you start, to say different is the ABSOLUTE height of stupidity. How many have died, and how many more infected, because of our start?? It mattered...they mattered....
Countries that got the hop on Canada at the start are suffering through the same 3rd wave Canada is. 3rd waves that all started in and around the same time. So this nonsense that if we had gotten more vaccines at the start, in January and February is just that, nonsense. The minute amounts everyone was getting at the start, minus the micro nations, the USA, Israel, and the UK, were not enough to stave off a 3rd wave. We were talking about being behind by 2-3 percentage points putting us so far down the global list, but that in reality only reflected a couple of hundred thousand vaccines. We are going to be talking about getting millions a week shorty, making the early vaccine deliveries look like a rounding error.
Second of all, I truly wish Mr. Trudeau and the current Govt. had come through this with flying colours, but the reality is they didn't even come close. See #1........see more possible variants at every international airport in Canada to this day still.
Name countries that have done better than Canada who are not producing vaccines like the UK and USA.

I'll wait.

Name countries that have done better than Canada who are not producing vaccines like the UK and USA.

I'll wait.
So, by your reasoning, we just have to accept that Canada, like many other countries, shit the bed and be complacent with that. Hmmmmmm ......NOPE.

So, by your reasoning, we just have to accept that Canada, like many other countries, shit the bed and be complacent with that. Hmmmmmm ......NOPE.
So by your reasoning, of the G20, only the UK and USA have not shit the bed?

Hmmmmm....sounds like someone has a case of unreasonable expectations.

Countries that got the hop on Canada at the start are suffering through the same 3rd wave Canada is. 3rd waves that all started in and around the same time. So this nonsense that if we had gotten more vaccines at the start, in January and February is just that, nonsense. The minute amounts everyone was getting at the start, minus the micro nations, the USA, Israel, and the UK, were not enough to stave off a 3rd wave. We were talking about being behind by 2-3 percentage points putting us so far down the global list, but that in reality only reflected a couple of hundred thousand vaccines. We are going to be talking about getting millions a week shorty, making the early vaccine deliveries look like a rounding error.

Canada has emerged as one of the only countries in the world with significant outbreaks of three different variants occurring at the same time — turning us into a giant experiment on the world stage.

"There's no other country that's kind of dealing with it as we are — we have all of them emerging at once," said Dr. Zain Chagla, an infectious diseases physician at St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton.

Back