• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cdn. troops exchange fire with insurgents

Blakey said:
IMO, That is an assumption that could probably get you killed over there. What is it Zun Tsu said about never underestimating your enemy...
Correct me if I'm wrong here, (fellows that have been / are there now) but considering these "anti-coalition forces" (as some news outlets describe them) have/are funded from various terror organizations, it is easy to pick up night vision equipment civi side.

It's not like they have no coin.  

their pay,.....

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1140475845405&call_pageid=968332188854&col=968350060724

If the article isn't hogwash.  

Hollywog said:
It's not like they have no coin.  

their pay,.....

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1140475845405&call_pageid=968332188854&col=968350060724

If the article isn't hogwash.  
I don't understand your post, are you saying you agree that they "are funded funded from various terror organization's", and as such, would be able to acquire this equipment? OR are you being facetious when you say that they "have no coin"?

Well, the average Afghan family there is living off of about $1 Can a day.

What do old left over Russian RPG cost over the AK's?

I'm trying to figure out what it most cost effective here, hiring suicide bombers or civvies as murks off the street as opposed to equipting loyal insurgents.

Over there in Afghanistan when the Canadians first showed up and perhaps even now, there was a problem with traffic accidents. The thing was/ is its bad to stop a convoy for any period of time. (it takes only about 10-15 min to call in your local suicide bomber) what was happening to my understanding is in the event of a traffic accident the Afghan was given a filled out piece of paper which they brought to they're friendly local CF....Base/ Camp? wile the convoy kept moving. Form they're they (the Afghans) were given $100 in return for the damaged vehicle.

Like said above, they only live off of about $1 a day. if you were given $100 nearly 1/3 of a years living costs for supporting your family, for getting a vehicle 'Accident' what would you do? even is someone wanted to give you some money to go shoot people there to help you.

yea, the cash it tough over there. and most anybody will do anything for some money.

sorry for the hijacking, I'm sure most/ all of you knew this already. but if you didn't, there it is.

Guy. E said:
well, the average Afghan family there is living off of about $1 Can a day.

what does an old left over Russian RPG cost? of the AK's?

I'm trying to figure out what it most cost effective here, hiring suicide bombers or civvies as murks off the street as opposed to equipting loyal insurgents.

Over there in Afghanistan when the Canadians first showed up and perhaps even now, there was a problem with traffic accidents. the thing was/ is its bad to stop a convoy for any period of time. (it takes only about 10-15 min to call in your local suicide bomber) what was happening to my understanding is in the event of a traffic accident the Afghan was given a filled out piece of paper which they brought to they're friendly local CF....Base/ Camp? wile the convoy kept moving. form they're they (the Afghans) were given $100 in return for the damaged vehicle.

like said above, they only live off of about $1 a day. if you were given $100 nearly 1/3 of a years living costs for supporting your family, for getting a vehicle 'Accident' what would you do? even is someone wanted to give you some money to go shoot people there to help you.

yea, the cash it tough over there. and most anybody will do anything for some money.

sorry for the hijacking, I'm sure most/ all of you knew this already. but if you didn't, there it is.
Do you know how long it took me to decipher your post?  Are you taking Senior Matriculation in School?

??? how did that happen  ???

I'm guessing that it took more time to edit the quote and make the errors stick out  then it did to over look the little F* ups and just read it.

NO!

I originally deleted my post, so as not to hijack this thread.  However, you insist on using poor spelling, grammar and then MSN speak in all your posts, so I thought I had better put it back.  We have a neat tool that picks up most spelling mistakes.  That, and I get tired of seeing people who don't know the difference between: there; their; they're and other words like it is, it's, its' etc.  I also notice you don't know the first thing about sentence structure, capitalization, and punctuation.  I am amazed at how poorly people can write at your supposed level of education, and then they want to become Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, Officers in the Military, and other highly positioned jobs, yet they have not mastered the use of the written word.

Feel any better now; that your question has been answered?

George...
Not everyone's mother tongue is English
what I have read from Guy over the last little while is relatively easy to read.

Armchair,
Canada is not the 1st country to deploy the M777. The USMC have it in Iraq. We might be the 1st in Afghanistan..... certainly 1st in Kandahar area

Has it been mentioned as to who called in the fire mission, ie the patrol commander or FOO Party etc.

Glad to see the guns finally getting used on a tour!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done and lets hope they get more action!!!!!!!!

Chimo!!!!!

RangerRay said:
CdnArtyWife ,

Can I share that picture around?  :)

I don't think it would be a problem, as my hubby has already circulated it around the Arty School.

Go nuts!

Kara

geo said:

Armchair,
Canada is not the 1st country to deploy the M777. The USMC have it in Iraq. We might be the 1st in Afghanistan..... certainly 1st in Kandahar area

Canada is the first to use the M777 in any theatre. The US won't have it in Iraq until March or April, according to Major Moore of the US NETT team.

I believe you but is there any report etc that you can produce to back up what your saying ie from the Maj Moore etc.

I stand corrected.......

Marines from the 3rd Battalion, 11th Marine Regiment stationed at Twentynine Palms, California, were the first unit to receive the M777.

495 M777A1 are due to be delivered over a four-year period starting in July 2006 and running through to October 2009.

Late in 2005 it was revealed that Canada was to take delivery of six M777 systems from the initial US Marine Corps order of 94 M777s. These will be deployed to Afghanistan in 2006.

http://www8.janes.com/Search/documentView.do?docId=/content1/janesdata/yb/jaa/jaa_0550.htm@current&pageSelected=allJanes&keyword=m777&backPath=http://search.janes.com/Search&Prod_Name=JAA&

From what Jane's says, the units they have taken into delivery were the test beds.
Production models are coming out in July

Then again, I ain't no gunner and have no contact in the USMC anymore... will take Goober's word for it. The USMC often feels comfortable working with some older pieces of kit (Hey, it works!) eg: Cobra gun ships..... so using the older towed 155s shouldn't bee too much of a hardship. Also, not sure where they are with the Excalubur rounds that the guns are designed around.

Back