• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada's tanks

30/70 Baby!

A Reg F squadron in Edmonton and a ResF squadron in each of Edmonton and Calgary. Tanks and maintainers in Wainwright. Same again with a RegF squadron and maintainers in Shilo with a ResF squadron in each of Winnipeg and Moose Jaw. A ResF squadron (less maintainers) for a Type 44 regiment would be less than 60 folks. That's two bus loads.

SP artillery. Same deal but more people - say 120 per battery less maintainers who are all RegF and concentrated in the regt'l HQ and located with the equipment. Same locations.

If you go with a flyover brigade's equipment prepositioned in Latvia for major annual exercises you can add in Toronto and Montreal with roughly ten CC330 lifts.

There are many ways to do this - economically - once the will is there.

šŸ»
You know me, I prefer 70 : 30s and full reserve units. Iā€™d see each armoured regiment with a reserve tank squadron then a full reserve tank regiment.

You know me, I prefer 70 : 30s and full reserve units. Iā€™d see each armoured regiment with a reserve tank squadron then a full reserve tank regiment.
Me too. But I think that the only way we can get to full ARes units (a la ARNG) is to run them through a 30/70 structure for maybe 5 to 7 years to build the capability. In my view heavy units and esoteric (read div) logistics units can safely be 30/70 units while quick reaction units for peacetime missions and unit maintainers should be 100/0 or 70/30.

šŸ»

Me too. But I think that the only way we can get to full ARes units (a la ARNG) is to make sure they have great leadership and even better direction and support from higher run them through a 30/70 structure for maybe 5 to 7 years to build the capability. In my view heavy units and esoteric (read div) logistics units can safely be 30/70 units while quick reaction units for peacetime missions and unit maintainers should be 100/0 or 70/30.

šŸ»

There, FTFY ;)

Back