• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

Hey there NFLD, I know I have to wait our turn....looking after the troops is all I'm trying to do...

I know, would be nice if we all got it at the same time but we all know that won't happen.

geo said:
I believe they started issuing the new CADPAT raingear to the St Jean recruits last fall... cause they had nothing else available for them.  So... distribution shouldn't be too far down the pipeline.

Confirmed. I was issued the CADPAT raingear in St. Jean last summer. Because I am Air Force, I had to give mine back, but the Army guys kept theirs IIRC. And at RMC it's re-issued to Navy and AF types, I believe. Too bad I'm Civvy-U, I loved that stuff!

X-mo-1979 said:
Thanks for the info brother...

And no there is no bomb on the plane. ;D

crap someone's on to my shenanigans again
he did not give us a date, just before we go out to wainwright. I know exactly what my platoon warrant is going to be doing as soon as everyone is off of leave

From what I heard from my supervisor yesterday or today, the army rain gear is getting sent to those on the next roto first, then to the brigade level, then filter down, so Borden might see it in 2 years, who knows.

Benny, as for the CADPAT rain gear issued from St-Jean, this is the A/F stuff they issued. You should have kept yours, as I have no idea why they would have taken it from you. I had my nice CADPAT rain gear taken and replaced with the OD stuff. Navy should also have OD if I'm not mistaken, maybe the yellow stuff. This I'm not too sure as I'm on a land locked base, so I just don't see it. I don't know if the differences between the A/F gear and the army stuff has been discussed, but the army kit has a Velcro strip for name tags, pocket on the arms, and something else, but I can't remember. Can't wait to get it though, it looks nice.

Ok, here it is (i'll do my best)...

Firstly, it's all about entitlement.  Cadpat Raingear is a CTS (Clothe the Soldier) item, and as such, only Army personnel are entitled to it.  That DOES include AF and Sea pers employed in a CC2 position (operational - generally on an Army base).  I am army component, but because I am on a hard AF base, i'm entitled to the AF version Cadpat rainwear.  I HAVE to give it back when I leave. Entitlement.  Any land or sea components NOT employed on an Air base or not in direct support of air ops are NOT entitled to AF rainwear.

Now, most of you will notice that I spoke mainly regarding AF rainwear - that's because the army's version (in TW) is not available yet.  What some believe are en route to KAF is actually AR.  The TW for the army will not be available for at least 6 more months - rollout from the first production line will occur in Sep 08.  These will undoubtedly head overseas.  For first line combat arms, look for it to arrive at your units just after next Christmas.  For the rest of us - next summer (usual caveats apply).  DO NOT TAKE THIS AS GOSPEL - crap pops up all the time and your respective supply techs are doing the best they can with what they've got - which sometimes ain't much!!

..... all that to say... it's in the works.
Initial distribution will always go 1st to Operational units (TFs) tasked for overseas or already there.... then back down the food chain.
I am not certain if the AF and the LF have rationalized their raingear (had heard that that was in the works).  Once immediate needs are satisfied, they may decide to distribute on a area by area basis (Reg & Res).. guess it's going to be a question of immediate need.

BinRat55 said:
Ok, here it is (i'll do my best)...

Firstly, it's all about entitlement.  Cadpat Raingear is a CTS (Clothe the Soldier) item, and as such, only Army personnel are entitled to it.  That DOES include AF and Sea pers employed in a CC2 position (operational - generally on an Army base).  I am army component, but because I am on a hard AF base, i'm entitled to the AF version Cadpat rainwear.  I HAVE to give it back when I leave. Entitlement.  Any land or sea components NOT employed on an Air base or not in direct support of air ops are NOT entitled to AF rainwear.

Now, most of you will notice that I spoke mainly regarding AF rainwear - that's because the army's version (in TW) is not available yet.  What some believe are en route to KAF is actually AR.  The TW for the army will not be available for at least 6 more months - rollout from the first production line will occur in Sep 08.  These will undoubtedly head overseas.  For first line combat arms, look for it to arrive at your units just after next Christmas.  For the rest of us - next summer (usual caveats apply).  DO NOT TAKE THIS AS GOSPEL - crap pops up all the time and your respective supply techs are doing the best they can with what they've got - which sometimes ain't much!!

Not entirely true, the Air Force one was bought under the AF Milenium Project same for the original CADPAT Jacket.

geo said:
..... all that to say... it's in the works.

Yes, i'm guilty of rambling - it's the Supply Tech in me!!  I think I was trying to capture a few of the questions posed earlier as well as anticipate a few later...

Not entirely true, the Air Force one was bought under the AF Milenium Project same for the original CADPAT Jacket.

Sapper you are correct - I know what I was thinking (Army issue) but being in Gander, sometimes I neglect certain pieces of info...

BinRat55 said:

I see all kinds of guys around Pet wearing CADPAT raingear with sleeve pockets and a velcro patch for their nametag.  That isn't the airforce raingear, unless it's an upgrade to the original design.  If it isn't the army raingear either, then what exactly is it?

willy said:
I see all kinds of guys around Pet wearing CADPAT raingear with sleeve pockets and a velcro patch for their nametag.  That isn't the airforce raingear, unless it's an upgrade to the original design.  If it isn't the army raingear either, then what exactly is it?
I have mine with sleeve pockets and velcro patch, the tag says "Jacket H/W" whatever H/W means is anyones guess.

Makes sense, I would not want to wear it in real hot weather but whatever.

The contract for Army Raingear is still up for grabs.

http://www.merx.com/English/SUPPLIER_Menu.Asp?WCE=Show&TAB=1&PORTAL=MERX&State=7&id=PW-%24%24PR-729-41057&FED_ONLY=0&hcode=G3jM2RuYfw25XpzAPwHVZQ%3d%3d

It's now called the Converged CADPAT Rainsuit because the Air Force are buying the same as the Army.  It now has pockets on sleeves:

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/2531_e.asp

Ecco said:
It's now called the Converged CADPAT Rainsuit because the Air Force are buying the same as the Army.  It now has pockets on sleeves:

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/2531_e.asp

Actually I think is the other way around there lad.

"The convergence with the Air Force’s “2 in 1” rainsuit, allowed the Army to optimize the current design while adding modifications that include customized fit options, improved ventilation and additional pockets"

willy said:

Normally I would answer "T&E" (Trials and Evaluation) but I don't think Dangerboy is in T&E PL.  What you're seeing is in fact the Converged Pattern Rainwear (Souped up Army version of the AF initial design) After confirming with the depot in Montreal there are extremely limited qtys (in the hundreds) of certain sizes.  I have yet to speak with a supply tech in Pet regarding this.  When I find out more I will let you know.

willy said:

Those people are from the TF Roto 6 HQ & Sigs and were authorized for issue of the Army rain gear in Jan/Feb 08.

...which ties in quite nicely with my above statement :D

geo said:
...which ties in quite nicely with my above statement :D

Well that's just it see.  Who better to trial operational kit than personnel in theater?  I personally would prefer a TR that read, "During a particular recce/patrol I wore the damn thing for hours.  It was f%#$@ hot!! The friggin zipper broke because it was plastic and the gravy stain from my IMP is STILL there..." than read, "This particular jacket looks fantastic against the backdrop of the Rideau Canal. Two other Col's were commenting on it over in the Crow's Nest and were quite jealous. The fit was outstanding as it did not chafe my underarms during my morning coffee with the SWO..."

Honestly!!

Back