• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Big Thinkers

George Wallace said:
With this statement you have clued in - You are acting as they do.
Yes...
With the realization that had to carefully choose my words with you. It is not to say that I am not open to new ideas or thoughts but that i find it funny that no one else is bothered by that womens comments.
And the Canadian ABcon comment is to lighten this up a bit before we all get too serious. ;)

We're not bothered by her comment because the majority of us realize that Ann Coulter was dropped on her head one too many times when she was a baby.

Don't worry, you won't find too many rabbid right wingers here.  In return, I'd like to ask that you keep your anti-american propaganda to yourself.  We generaly try to stay rational and level-headed here.

I respect being rational here. But there is no propaganda. I am not heading the anti-American fight. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything.

By what you have said then the whole topic is that of propaganda. Simply using current events to express what I see, speaking in spirit of the topic. With my original comment i conveyed that i was disappointed with the video and "lashed" out.  But it is definitely not propaganda.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&hs=54f&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&oi=defmore&defl=en&q=define:propaganda

Actually, if you read other people's statements, you'll notice that others don't like Ann Coulter either. Some comments on the first page illustrate this. Having never met Ann Coulter, I can't say whether I like her, but judging from her comments, if she really believes what she says, I doubt I'd ever call her a friend. I get annoyed by her statements, but never for long. There's more important issues in my life that derserve the time and attention.

Amy

Enami said:
Actually, if you read other people's statements, you'll notice that others don't like Ann Coulter either. Some comments on the first page illustrate this. Having never met Ann Coulter, I can't say whether I like her, but judging from her comments, if she really believes what she says, I doubt I'd ever call her a friend. I get annoyed by her statements, but never for long. There's more important issues in my life that derserve the time and attention.

Amy

Amy

That's a very good post you've made.

Welcome to army.ca

Slim
STAFF

"Don't worry, you won't find too many rabbid right wingers here."

- Just me.  That is what makes me so popular.

:D

I LIKE ann Coulter.  I wish the USA would start sending us people like her, instead of the never ending stream of ComSymp draft dodgers, deserters (howinhelldoyoudesertfromaVOLUNTEERarmy?), Pinko university professors who get hired up here for their BetterRedthanDead credentials - putting good homegrown Canadian profs out of work - and contaminating the minds of young Cdn university students with MarxyLen Psychobabble pap.

Give me Ann Coulter anyday.

Next.

Tom

TAS278 said:
Yes...
With the realization that had to carefully choose my words with you. It is not to say that I am not open to new ideas or thoughts but that i find it funny that no one else is bothered by that womens comments.
And the Canadian ABcon comment is to lighten this up a bit before we all get too serious. ;)

With regard to the Video, if you can't understand or appreciate the humorous banting back and forth of those two idiots, life is going to be very tough for you. And if you are so easily offended, I suggest you better stay out of the local watering holes.

WTF are you talking about? Local watering holes?
Just because it is humorous doesn't make it acceptable.

TAS278 said:

Just go away!!

What passes for humour in my unit would evidently send you screaming to the padre/CSM/shrink....

Are you sure you are in the "armed forces"? I can honestly say that while the guys in my company sit around hacking each other's ancestry, skin color, body composition (or lack therof), wives sizes and sexual orientation, I've never heard anyone say;
WTF? Is everyone in the Navy as sensitive as you, or are you an especially delicate snowflake?

TAS278 said:

I don't think the notion of acceptability is the question.

About Watering Holes, with your reasoning ,attitude and thin skin your more than likely to get a  few good lumps to say the least.

Well, I looked at the video as some folks speaking very toungue in cheek and having fun goading each other, getting carried away by the fact that they were on National/continental TV...  Americans can be seen as arrogant, especially from the European p.o.v, but no more than some/many Canadians can have a pretty righteous, smug condescending attitude about our neighbours to the south.  Might not sting so much if there weren't a little shred of truth in what Ann and Tucker took to the ridiculous extreme.  :-\

...oops, gotta go out and make sure the sled dogs got fed this morning... ;D

Cheers,
Duey

FastEddy said:

I don't think the notion of acceptability is the question.

About Watering Holes, with your reasoning ,attitude and thin skin your more than likely to get a  few good lumps to say the least.
Lumps eh?

Thanks MGC for the link.

A good laugh to start my day. For those that can't see the humour in the link, I feel genuine pity.

GO!!! said:
Just go away!!

What passes for humour in my unit would evidently send you screaming to the padre/CSM/shrink....

Are you sure you are in the "armed forces"? I can honestly say that while the guys in my company sit around hacking each other's ancestry, skin color, body composition (or lack therof), wives sizes and sexual orientation, I've never heard anyone say;WTF? Is everyone in the Navy as sensitive as you, or are you an especially delicate snowflake?

A message for GO!!!...

Prior to disparaging someone's sense of humour, perhaps you would like to rethink your response to my recent post in Politics, since move to Recruiting, entitled 'Recruiting Question - Sort of'.

Re-read the post. Think upcoming election and Gomery. Read it again. Understand yet?

TCBC

Putting Canadian professors out of work? We have a chronic shortage of tenured professors in this country that is getting worse. Current funding levels at university means we are not creating the conditions for people to get a PHD. In other words students are paying more money for less education resulting in less people moving passed undergraduate studies. If this continues all our of our profs will be imports.

As for Parish and Coulter chain them together give them knives and give me 20% of the boxoffice.

"We have a chronic shortage of tenured professors in this country that is getting worse."

- What university?

Tom

edadian said:
As for Parish and Coulter chain them together give them knives and give me 20% of the boxoffice.

My money is on Parish. Coulter is a pretty girl..

McMaster is where I first heard of it but here is the results of a Google search.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=University+Professor+shortage&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryCA

Note that a tenured professor is a PHD with ten or more years experiance in teaching. There are many lecturers with just there master levels.

"I have never liked Ann Coulter, and everytime I see that darn video it just ticks me off more."

I myself LIKE Ann Coulter, but for the fine work she does when she stays in her lane.

Her book detailing the Communist infestation of the Truman regime - in particular the State Department - is superb.  It is all documented history that the Left is the USA is trying to revise, and she is calling them on it.

As long as she stays on her "exposing traitors in America watch" she does good work.  Foriegn Affairs is a bit out of her league.

Tom

Yeah, even when she talks about Canada she's a *little* off:

Fifth Estate transcript:

Coulter: "Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends and vice-versa. I mean Canada sent troops to Vietnam - was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?"

McKeown interrupts: "Canada didn't send troops to Vietnam."

Coulter: "I don't think that's right."

McKeown: "Canada did not send troops to Vietnam."

Coulter (looking desperate): "Indochina?"

McKeown: "Uh no. Canada ...second World War of course. Korea. Yes. Vietnam No."

Coulter: "I think you're wrong."

McKeown: "No, took a pass on Vietnam."

Coulter: "I think you're wrong."

McKeown: "No, Australia was there, not Canada."

Coulter: "I think Canada sent troops."

McKeown: "No."

Coulter: "Well. I'll get back to you on that."

McKeown tags out in script:

"Coulter never got back to us -- but for the record, like Iraq, Canada sent no troops to Vietnam."

Back