• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best dressed element.

When in Rome.....
If a person is employed on a ship. Are they really ARMY or are they considered Navy. I think Purple Trades should be like chameleons and wear what ever dress the element they are supporting is wearing.

As for the AF guys on ship...Same Same...Its and epaulette. Get over it. It might build some team cohesion.

But as the question relates the the best element.  I take the Airforce any day.  Cat hair and lint doesn't show up quite as bad on a set of blues as it does on black or green.

I agree with that, as well it would not look as bad as cadpat on ncd's

As far as
But as the question relates the the best element.  I take the Airforce any day.
I think you are the first person I've ever heard say that....you have seen their choice of the colour blue right?

mover1 said:
When in Rome.....
If a person is employed on a ship. Are they really ARMY or are they considered Navy. I think Purple Trades should be like chameleons and wear what ever dress the element they are supporting is wearing.

As for the AF guys on ship...Same Same...Its and epaulette. Get over it. It might build some team cohesion.

But as the question relates the the best element.  I take the Airforce any day.  Cat hair and lint doesn't show up quite as bad on a set of blues as it does on black or green.

I agree completely, if serving on a ship, just wear the NCDs with NCD slip ons, if you are serving on a base with army guys, wear the CADPADs.  Ive never liked the idea of different slip ons.  There is nothing more rediculous then blue rank insignia on a CADPAD slip on, or a blue tshirt.  I say when wearing CADPADs let the beret identify your element/unit.  No need for us to look like xmas trees...

I agree completely, if serving on a ship, just wear the NCDs with NCD slip ons, if you are serving on a base with army guys, wear the CADPADs.  Ive never liked the idea of different slip ons.  There is nothing more rediculous then blue rank insignia on a CADPAD slip on, or a blue tshirt.  I say when wearing CADPADs let the beret identify your element/unit.  No need for us to look like xmas trees...
Can't argue with that

ncs_eng 081 said:
As far as  I think you are the first person I've ever heard say that....you have seen their choice of the colour blue right?

I wore the green and now I wear the blue.
But only when neccesary.  Other than that is dress of the day.  I don't put much stock into what element a guy is from.  (Unless he is spouting off at the mouth at how great the army/navy was. (Why did you re-muster) ) but thats just me.  ;D
Honestly a bag of poop is a bag of poop no matter what they wear.

The Army one always reminded me of something out of the 70's.

mover1 said:
When in Rome.....

No, employment on a ship does not make you Navy. As for wearing of different shoulder flashes with the NCDs - this is so we know who gets priority in a rescue/abandon ship situation.  ;)

How about a seperate uniform totally for support elements - NCD pants, CADPAT shirt, bus driver oops I mean AF Wedge cap all in a camo pattern.  ;D

When it comes to issued uniforms I will take the new NCDs (coming soon to a stores near you on the east/west coast).  Dress uniform I again choose Navy.  Mess Dress - Army by far.

As for wearing of different shoulder flashes with the NCDs - this is so we know who gets priority in a rescue/abandon ship situation. 
that made me laugh alittle...

As for the rest, I agree that army mess dress is by far the best and AF the worst (sorry guys) but I'm alittle more inclinded to say that Army and Navy DEU's are about equal in looks.

On a side note, is it known when the new NCD's are going to be available for issue? As well, is there a picture of them not associated with the DIN?

I think for DEUs they all look impressive in their own way.

Air Force blues are beautiful but why the wedge cap...

Army Greens look mean but I miss the forage cap, I also wish we had tan again.

Navy DEUs are perfect, finest looking of the bunch. Somehow I also think black undershirtsm tags and beret on CatPat look real neat.

Crap - can't remember if it was this summer or next the NCDs hit the coast - will check on that.  You will be happy to know that unlike some past issue of new dress NCR is not getting them first.  Priority is east/west and ships should be given local priority but no garauntees on that part.

We have a chief here wearing them (he is testing and modeling).  Buttons are gone, pocket flap gone, no more balloon shirt. 

I never liked the look of the NCDs... one bit.. no offense to you all wearing them.

What do you all think of the USN's Working Uniforms..
USN_NWU1.jpg

Pretty cool IMO. 

Looking at how the Americans do it, it is ridiculous how many different uniforms one guy can be expected to wear.  My closet is barely large enough for all that.

why not the wedge...

And for your guys' info. The bus drivers around here wear forage caps.  :P

CorporalMajor said:

Why is it camo? What are they camouflaging themselves against - easy detection in the water when they fall overboard? Seems like some civvy's idea of what "military folks" are supposed to look like - lots 'o camouflage for no reason.

CorporalMajor said:
I never liked the look of the NCDs... one bit.. no offense to you all wearing them.

I like the look of the NCDs.  Mind you trying to iron a pair of NOMEX pants is a huge exercise in futility.  ::)
I think it's ridiculous.  Camouflage on a ship?  I just do not see the point.

mover1 said:
why not the wedge...

And for your guys' info. The bus drivers around here wear forage caps.  :P
It looks ok..... It makes a guy look taller and thinner... but the forage and beret are better IMO.

mover1 said:

But it's so easy to dust the house with the Army uniform.  Just hang it out in the open and all the dust/lint/pet hair will become immediately attached to it!  ;)

and what ship is that cam blending into???  The one I was on and all those around us were all one colour, one shade - grey.

May look good on recruiting posters though.

CountDC said:
and what ship is that cam blending into???  The one I was on and all those around us were all one colour, one shade - grey.

May look good on recruiting posters though.
Because the pixels at a distance don't look like pixels, it looks monotone.  Similar to CADPAT.  So whatever color of ship be it grey black or blue they won't stand out as much.  That's supposedly why.

Back to first principles... 11 reasons why things are seen and the way and ranges at which naval battles are fought.  Despite the name of this thread, people sometimes do put thought into protective clothing / equipment.  Some forces more than others.

I think the army's got it.. Since we've got that kick butt new uniform that has integrated safety features!

The CADPAD! What an awesome invention... Camo clothing with safety pads! How new army...

I hate AF DEUs......horible look and horrible colour.

My flightsuit will do nicely.

Back