• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

I'm no expert and I have not analyzed the videos in any depth, but from what I hear the ability to function calmly under intense stress is a fairly significant requirement for that sort of job. Anyone getting panicky, or OBE (overcome by events), will be a problem and usually wouldn't make it through the selection/training process, I am guessing.

I don't think the height thing matters.

Re-holstering the pistol should be a natural smooth action acquired over 1000s of reps and should be second nature even under pressure, but maybe the holster position got jostled in the commotion altering it's position somewhat causing the fumble... who knows. Lots of things to dissect on this from any angle.

One observation; I thought they stayed at the podium for quite a long time in the dog pile. Getting off the "x" as fast as possible is paramount in any ambush scenario like this... Not knowing where the effective fire was coming from, I'd envision immediately dragging 45 off stage, by his ankles if need be, and moving as fast as possible to his armored truck. However, I can only imagine certain celebrities have difficult personalities (I need my shoes!) and are probably resistant to the best intentions of the detail to some degree. But I don't know their TTPs or what, if any, other protective means are in place that dictate their actions ... so take this for what its worth.
Tell me you are 100% clueless about personal protection without saying it…

I'd envision immediately dragging 45 off stage, by his ankles if need be, and moving as fast as possible to his armored truck.

Does the Secret Service have the sandbag drag as part of their fitness test? :ROFLMAO: Probably not as it's discriminatory to smaller agents, despite how good their physical fitness is.

Stick to working on airplanes.

🧑‍🔧

One female agent couldn't re-holster her weapon for one. They looked unable to function under stress.

Also, shouldn't agents be larger than the person they are protecting? Trump is what, 6-2/6-3?

Wow.

I had a 12 person close protection team assigned to me on operations in an active combat zone for over a year. We drilled weekly, and moved daily. They were incredibly professional. All had special skills and tasks. I am tall person - taller than Trump. The only person on the team that was close to my size was my "bodyguard", and that switch was made when the team leader saw my size in our original work up training.

I looked at that video, and from my informed perspective, I do not agree with your assessment.

I had a 12 person close protection team assigned to me on operations in an active combat zone for over a year. We drilled weekly, and moved daily. They were incredibly professional. All had special skills and tasks. I am tall person - taller than Trump. The only person on the team that was close to my size was my "bodyguard", and that switch was made when the team leader saw my size in our original work up training.

I looked at that video, and from my informed perspective, I do not agree with your assessment.

I'm glad your protection team was competent and professional. How long ago was this?

Does the Secret Service have the sandbag drag as part of their fitness test? :ROFLMAO: Probably not as it's discriminatory to smaller agents, despite how good their physical fitness is.
A sovereign country makes their own decision about fitness levels, without seeing if you are okay with it. Here are the entry level test requirements, and you can bet that the minimum is actually level 4. But you know doubt knew that, because I am certain you wouldn't make unsubstantiated claims.

Back