• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

That doesn’t prevent us discussing things. I also know and trust Kev well enough at this point to put a bit of stock in his judgement about what he shares and what he doesn’t, based on what he’s been able to speak to in the past that held up. Nobody here is staking any claim that needs defending. It’s an interesting report that may or may not hold up. Given the context and setting I’d be surprised if it weren’t true.
You're hemming and hawing now, we should stick to what facts are available from authorized sources. I assume Kev is not a source authorized to release info not yet in the public domain.

You're hemming and hawing now, we should stick to what facts are available from authorized sources. I assume Kev is not a source authorized to release info not yet in the public domain.
By that reasoning there would have been practically no content to the entirety of this discussion. With the caveat that I and others have given about applying considerable skepticism at this juncture, there’s still nothing wrong with those of us who are interested sharing news, reports, knowledge, and insight on a ‘take it as you will’ basis. Nobody is forcing you to take it.

By that reasoning there would have been practically no content to the entirety of this discussion. With the caveat that I and others have given about applying considerable skepticism at this juncture, there’s still nothing wrong with those of us who are interested sharing news, reports, knowledge, and insight on a ‘take it as you will’ basis. Nobody is forcing you to take it.
Thanks. I'm good with it as long as it's labelled properly as just spit ballin'.
Edit to add: This is a historical event and should be given all due deference and facts should prevail.

I’ve seen a few interviews today with the shooter’s former classmates. Fairly consistent story being told of him having been a loner/outcast type and being bullied. For what that’s worth.
That is true of many people who commit crimes like he did.

Lee Harvey Oswald was a loner, anti social and honestly a weirdo. And a wife beater.

Exactly! Re-instate Roe v Wade!
Not federally. Part of getting out of peoples' lives is subsidiarity - kicking everything down to the lowest level. Let communities form and decide among themselves how they want to live, and let people self-sort (choose where they want to live) accordingly. Federal governments should be outward looking (defence, foreign affairs, international trade).

It truly vexes me that there are so many who give us upstanding productive law-abiding weird anti-social loners a bad reputation.

GIF by Got Talent Global

How many times do people have to observe the media digging for proof of political alignment, only to find that the politics of shooters are at best muddled, before people stop paying any attention to what the media is trying to prove about the politics of a shooter?

Bottom line is the shooter chose Trump, not Biden.

Surely in 2024 there is LEA/USSS drone footage of all of this?
Have you seen the budget for USSS, compared to the asks of it?
Where can we go to confirm any of the info presented in your post?
Which was one reason I had debated posting it. You are welcome to ignore it, as I had mentioned previously to that post that there was some info I had been told but hadn’t been confirmed, and for that reason was reluctant in sharing.

Some generic projectile/geospatial factors thoughts from Ryan McBeth, whom many may recognize from a variety of his facts-focused assessments and informational session on security matters around the world. It is not a decisive statement, but a methodical ‘only so far as to explain underlying principles’ explanation.

When it is socially acceptable to show up at a political event with an assault rifle while in armour, the ROE and shoot/don’t-shoot decisions are going to make Afghanistan look simple. Doesn’t help when elements of both the public and police dress like they think they are infantry in Afghanistan.

Erik should really STFU.

Also to point out the fact that good/bad guy stuff can get confusing there appears to be some local LEO in fuck knows what uniform in the background while PPD is evacuating former President Trump.
View attachment 86595
Compared to the CAT Agent
View attachment 86596

Yup, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if, in the wash, it comes out that they were trying to determine if the shooter on the roof was local or state police. You don’t want to screw that up and put a .300 Win Mag through another cop’s skull.

When it is socially acceptable to show up at a political event with an assault rifle while in armour, the ROE and shoot/don’t-shoot decisions are going to make Afghanistan look simple. Doesn’t help when elements of both the public and police dress like they think they are infantry in Afghanistan.
IMG_3193.jpegIMG_3194.jpeg

Maybe they should use coloured tape like in Ukraine.

Yup, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if, in the wash, it comes out that they were trying to determine if the shooter on the roof was local or state police. You don’t want to screw that up and put a .300 Win Mag through another cop’s skull.

Literally a 'blue on blue'.

Erik should really STFU.

Also to point out the fact that good/bad guy stuff can get confusing there appears to be some local LEO in fuck knows what uniform in the background while PPD is evacuating former President Trump.
View attachment 86595
Compared to the CAT Agent
View attachment 86596
If that was my environment I would be more prepared than less prepared.

Now- it may well be that these are all things that were asked for and pointed out and the boys just made do. That is a realistic situation. “Doing it live” is a real thing. Especially when encountering people who know better in politics.

“We don’t want it to look like an occupation”
“We don’t want to make demographic x upset.
“Everyone in this area loves X”

Back