• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Meeting & Greeting in Toronto

Tess, you referring to the Granite brewery, across the street from Chick'n Deli?

The Wheat Sheaf is also good if you want wings, nachos, etc. Great atmosphere, and it's not too busy in there. (The Shakespeare arms in Guelph reminded me a lot of it, for you guys who were at the Dec. meet.

it's at King & Bathurst tho, I don't think it's too close for subway, and as a little harder for people from outside the city to get to.

The Librarian said:
Get really good directions while you are at it!! And maps too!! And phone #s. Remember I'm the girl who had to make 30 calls to you guys on my cellphone to have you guide me into Guelph properly...and I still managed to miss Bruce waving me down on the freaking sidewalk!!

Perhaps, you're better off just to give me the east coast directions that I'm used to deciphering & using...over left, head on up here, turn right, past upteenth white house, here!!

I know Toronto not at all.  :-[
I know Toronto like the back of my hand. I might be able to come play, if you guys don't mind an ex- Horse Guard and Current Frontiersman, who's quiet chummin with ya's ?

Thanks
Paul

Neat,

I am coming for sure, count me in folks.

In fact I think Danjanou needs someone to cover his six on the advance recce....

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Neat,

I am coming for sure, count me in folks.

In fact I think Danjanou needs someone to cover his six on the advance recce....

dileas

tess

Gee heard that before 8)

If you're covering my arse there ole buddy someone better put  both the site's resident ambulance chaser and the ski team on 5 minutes notice to move. ;D

I am sure 48th Regulator and Danjanou are both Familiar with McVeighs (don't know if they have food though, the times I have went I was never interested in food)  ;D and if this is happening on April 14th I can actually make it this time.

Hatchet Man said:
I am sure 48th Regulator and Danjanou are both Familiar with McVeighs (don't know if they have food though, the times I have went I was never interested in food)  ;D and if this is happening on April 14th I can actually make it this time.

Now yer talking about a pub that rocks...an old 48th hangout, hardcore and fenian to the core....

I would still love to guide a little more east....although the last time I did that I bailed...

Hatchet, could you wing anything with the Tara?

dileas

tess

Hatchet Man said:

Hatchet I think both Tess and I are still banned from Mcveighs  >:D

I'm going to come for a beer or two.

Just let me know where the RV will be, so I can plan accordingly. I'm coming in from Pickering, just east of ya's. Wish I had a ride, but I'm not afraid to take the transit, if I pack my Commando Knife. :skull:  Just kidding.

Cheerz
Paul

the 48th regulator said:
Now yer talking about a pub that rocks...an old 48th hangout, hardcore and fenian to the core....

I would still love to guide a little more east....although the last time I did that I bailed...

Hatchet, could you wing anything with the Tara?

dileas

tess

Sure all I  would need is time/date/ approx # of people, but I thought people were more into something a little closer to the subways.

So is there consenses on where the meat and greet will be.

I'd like to know, it be nice to be able to plan ahead for this !

Tanks

Cheers
Paul

Timings and Location will be confirmed and released either on the weekend or early next week as soon as Tess and I complete our detailed recce.  8)

Danjanou said:
Timings and Location will be confirmed and released either on the weekend or early next week as soon as Tess and I complete our detailed recce.  8)
Roger that, thanks. Hopefully the weather will be good too ! I haven't partied with people from the Forces since I left in the 80's, turning 40 in June, is beginning to make me feel somewhat nostalgic, to do so again !

Cheers
Paul

Sounds good to me. I am on course in Borden so a trip to Toronto is not out of the question...... :cheers:

Danjanou said:

Thanks for all your efforts! And don't forget to have some 'cheer' while you're out and about  8)

~Rebecca~

Well folks, I'll be based at CFB Kingston as of March 31st and probably on Pat Platoon for at least a couple of months, so I'm hoping I'll have the April 14th weekend off, if that's the case, count me in!!!

;D

Shoot I got vetted for volunteer duty on behalf of my Star Trek Club, at an event.

I'll be done to the 9's in my Maquis Forces Marine Corps Uniform, but would still like to come and play, I'll be off by 19:00 Hrs.

I hope you guys don't take a stroke for wearing the uniform of my Organization to the meet and greet. It's pretty paramilitary looking !

If you think it'll be offensive let me know now and I'll just wait to show up another time !

Thanks Guys.

Cheers
Paul

P.S. the club can be seen at www.maquis.com

I say why not.....you only live once , you gotta make the best of it and have fun when you can. I say come as you are and it's up to you.  ;D

Rebecca

Edited to add: At least none of us will forget where our table is, we'll just look for ya Dodger.. Cheers.

Back