• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All about MilPoints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Mike is giving himself any bonus points for creating a "Hot Topic"?  

Six pages so far, just on a new feature on the site.

ArmyVern said:
Sorry dood - 'methinks' Kat Stevens has you beat there!!  >:D

I banish thee, begone, and all your cool points are forfeit.

Kat Stevens said:
I banish thee, begone, and all your cool points are forfeit.

Oh sure, and here I am getting scrappy down here mud-wrestling with CDN Aviator in an attempt to get you the proper credit for the +1000 points ... and you banish me

Hey, rules is rules.  I don't make the rules... well, except for that one... I just more or less live with them

Forgot to mention that you do get docked points if you get put on warning, and that DS can add or dock points if it's necessary, but it's all logged and above board... no vendetta hits allowed. Actually the DS don't even know how to do it yet, that'll come shortly. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Forgot to mention that you do get docked points if you get put on warning, and that DS can add or dock points if it's necessary, but it's all logged and above board... no vendetta hits allowed. Actually the DS don't even know how to do it yet, that'll come shortly. :)
Great, now I haaaave to ask. 

Actually, now that we can do that - I'll award 20 points for a good post report and deduct 120 for all wastes of time.   >:D

Hey Mike, you think that one should get like, 30-50 Points if your logged in for 24 hours?

-Dead

Deadpan said:
Hey Mike, you think that one should get like, 30-50 Points if your logged in for 24 hours?

-Dead

Reading the FAQs brings up this point:

Q:How do I collect MilPoints?

A:MilPoints are automatically accrued by contributing to Army.ca. Specifically, here are how you can accrue (or lose!) MiPoints on Army.ca: Action Points

New Topic                      20
Topic Removed              -30
New Post                        10
Post Removed              -15
New Quote                    10
Quote Removed            -20
New Calendar Entry        10
Calendar Entry Removed -20
1 Hour Online            20

So 24 hrs online would earn you 480 pionts.   

The reward for points online, is that a new idea Mike (et al) originated?  Dont recall seeing anything like that elsewhere...

Oh, will there also be minus points for excessive 'MSN speak' or too many spelling errors?  >:D

As far as I know we're the first forum to reward time online. You may get dinged for MSN speak if someone nails you for it, but there's no heuristic detection of it. Yet. ;)

See here.

I observed that I collected points for just forgetting to log off but I was curious about another issue so I logged on using Linux/Opera and just left the computer on overnight - but logged on to Army.ca. I did not pick up any points. This my question:

Mike, does your software recognize users logged in with browsers other than IE and Firefox?

still cant find what the MILPOINTS get you .  cani get a new car or a fancy new army .ca hat?

axeman said:
still cant find what the MILPOINTS get you .  cani get a new car or a fancy new army .ca hat?
Nothing, yet.

Q:What can I do with my MilPoints?
A:Currently, nothing but marvel at your rising balance. There are plans in the works though, so please be patient. In the mean time rack 'em up!

-Dead

Edward, all browsers should be recognized and treated equally for the boards in terms of time online etc. Opera is also picked up by the stats, but Chrome is just too new, I'll have to wait for an update to the stats program first. Still, the numbers won't affect time online.

I checked your MilPoints history and didn't observe any weirdness... all "time online" points were more than an hour apart insinuating you were at a keyboard each time...

Yeah Mike, when I was on Chrome, I changed my display picture, and it never changed on Chrome, but on IE7, Firefox, and Safari it did.

I guess it's just because it's so new.

-Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back