• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All about MilPoints

Status
Not open for further replies.
SupersonicMax said:
How many MilPoints for a free plane ticket?
How much money do you think Mike gets from us?

I mean, even if we did have MilAirlines, I bet the food would suck, seating terrible, and it'd be hard to even get a ticket :D

-Dead

ArmyVern said:
Spread the wealth ...  :p

Guess I'll have to stay online for several days to get above the 10 point mark.

Max

I think that would take 20 years on the old Retirement Plan.   ;D  

25 years of posting on this new plan.

Deadpan said:

I'm going to let my subscription expire ... (it's due next month again, I think) just so I can sit here all night while you all sleep and rack up 2 points for every advertisement I click!!  >:D

Deadpan said:

I mean, even if we did have MilAirlines, I bet the food would suck, seating terrible, and it'd be hard to even get a ticket :D

-Dead

Well, there was talk of a Deal with ZOOM.   >:D

George Wallace said:

Whoooaaa!! Didn't they cash in all their Air Miles yesterday?? I think that you're trying to rip us off.

ArmyVern said:
I'm going to let my subscription expire ... (it's due next month again, I think) just so I can sit here all night while you all sleep and rack up 2 points for every advertisement I click!!  >:D

But that's cheating  ;D

George Wallace said:
:rofl:

ArmyVern said:
Darn, I have to wait until next year for that to happen, but I don't think it will ;)

-Deadpan

You can all laugh now, but the mod (or Mike) who laughs last will be the one who comes in here and deletes all these posts, sending our "scores" plumetting lower than my morale went today as I was yelling during parade practice and a certain engineer doing his BFT marched by laughing at us.  :mad:

NFLD Sapper said:
Hope you gave him a good tongue lashing  ;D

I was giving drill en francais monsieur ... weapons were present - I couldn't slip back into english that quickly. I don't speak french ... I was concentrating really hard on what I was doing (but really, I would have stopped to YELL at him - had the BRSM not been there; I may be dumb, but I am far from stupid!!  ;)). But, I was sooooo wishing that I was him up there rucking instead.

ArmyVern said:
You can all laugh now, but the mod (or Mike) who laughs last will be the one who comes in here and deletes all these posts, sending our "scores" plumetting lower than my morale went today as I was yelling during parade practice and a certain engineer doing his BFT marched by laughing at us.  :mad:

We weren't laughing, but saying sucks to be them  ;D

George Wallace said:

Ooooh George.  That's harsh.  I think I may have to drain some more from my single malt stash just to relax a bit after yesterday.  May have to deduct a few points from you just for stressing me out with that remark.  >:D

Do we get bonus points for posting from the Tim's at Pet on a Friday Night? ;D

Mortarman Rockpainter said:

Only if you send us all a double double :D

Mortarman Rockpainter said:

Nope. You just get to feel awful about your life when it hits you that you're at Tims, in Pet, on a Friday night.  ;D

Let me take a crack at answering some questions here... Posts in Radio Chatter don't count. When a mod deletes a post or thread, the user who made the post loses the points, but the mod should lose nothing (unless it was his own post).

For the online time, it started yesterday when I enabled the system, and if you had XXX hours and 59 minutes in your tally, you'd earn 20 MilPoints by hanging around an extra minute. Retroactive hours online don't count, just the new ones. Every time your time online crosses another hour boundary, you'll get 20 points.

Yes, subscribers are at a bit of a disadvantage with the ads... I'll have to see what I can do about that... likely a subscriber bonus for signing up or maintaining your membership.

Thinks for me to do:

• add MilPoints links to the dropdown menu.
  • Looking at the  statistics, the links for everyone's 'MP' is dead.
  • Access MilPoints history from the profile.
  • Add a global history page
  • Take you to a member's MilPoints page when you click on the MP logo next to their name on the statistics page.

(I'm not at home right now so I just need to keep track of all this until I am.)

Keep the questions and comments coming!

Q:What can I do with my MilPoints?
A:Currently, nothing but marvel at your rising balance. There are plans in the works though, so please be patient. In the mean time rack 'em up!

So what are these plans? Or are we allowed to know? :D

-Dead

Edit: Mike do you think that one should get points when they vote in a poll? Get 2 Points like if someone clicks on an add or something?

Edit again because I can't spell ::)

Deadpan said:
So what are these plans? Or are we aloud allowed to know? :D

Sorry...one of my pet peeves!  :p

(Extra points for checking grammar? ;))

Actualy ...

That's an awesome idea!!

+10 points for clicking "check spelling" (of course that wouldn't cut down on your noted "aloud" as it is a proper word, but a whole lot of posts would look a whole lot better around here!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back