• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AESOp ( MOC 081)

WRT to the SQs while in the Peg at 1 CFFTS

peterpan said:
That has changed now as the AESOp's are no longer in building 65 and have been moved to a building down the way. (73 or something) so the bathroom is shared and the rooms are older and don't have a microwave and some don't have t.v's although there is a lounge up stairs, but compared to the old AESOp lounge it is small ( the size of a small bedroom) but you still have a room to yourself, but the treck to the mess/1CFFTS is a lot further away now. Lucky for me though I had finished courses just before they made the move.

Tks Pete for the current info.  Too bad about The Lounge!!

Eye In The Sky said:
WRT to the SQs while in the Peg at 1 CFFTS

Tks Pete for the current info.  Too bad about The Lounge!!
No prob. yeah loosing the lounge was a big disapointmant as well as your own bathroom, cable tv and no maid service. But I got to be the last class to have an AESOp party in the original lounge.

Bldg 65 was great for morale in many ways.  73...must be down close to where the MET types were?

peterpan said:
No prob. yeah loosing the lounge was a big disapointmant as well as your own bathroom, cable tv and no maid service. But I got to be the last class to have an AESOp party in the original lounge.

Well there goes this career choice!! No private bathroom or cable tv!  :crybaby:

J/k. Thanks for the info.

Cbbmtt said:
Well there goes this career choice!! No private bathroom or cable tv!  :crybaby:

J/k. Thanks for the info.
I know, that is what I am talking about!!!....Life is going to be sooo rough out there LOL

peterpan said:
I know, that is what I am talking about!!!....Life is going to be sooo rough out there LOL

How long is that commute to the mess?

The walk from Bldg 65 could almost be measured in kartwheels on 1 hand, it was that close.  Which was nice when it was -45 in Jan.

GAP said:
from 5 to 8.5 minutes?  :)

So what you are saying is that it takes 5 minutes in the nice weather and 8.5 minutes in the 4 feet of snow?

I'm really going to have to start looking for another posting as I'm allergic to snow  ;D

You haven't heard of the dreaded "forced march" from the mess to Bldg 84...it goes something like this:

Course!  By the left....Quick...March!  Left right left right left right leftttttttttttttttttt....COURSE...HALT!

;D

Eye In The Sky said:
You haven't heard of the dreaded "forced march" from the mess to Bldg 84...it goes something like this:

Course!  By the left....Quick...March!  Left right left right left right leftttttttttttttttttt....COURSE...HALT!

;D
:rofl: man that was fun...especially before it got too icey, not enough for them to stop you from doing it, but bad enough to wonder who is going to fall first

Eye In The Sky said:
Bldg 65 was great for morale in many ways.  73...must be down close to where the MET types were?
well the MET tech's were in 65 and as far as I know they still are!! the building we are in, the only way to explain it is if you go to the back of the building you can see the hotel on base across the small field. I guess they want to turn 65 into another hotel

Eye In The Sky said:
You guys were living in the Dakota Inn?
no no....the building they were moved to is in front of the dakota INN,,,,if you were standing at the front doors of the hotel looking out, the new building they moved the AESOp's to is across the parking lot of the dakota Inn.....if that makes sense here is the map it is building 72 and to show the guys that don't know, the AESOp building used to be right across from the combined mess...so a bit longer forced marches in the beggining LOL  :salute:    http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/vital/dfs-dsv/pub/images/17wing.jpg

Roger, that was where the MET and NAV's were staying when I went thru.  Ref the "no more cable"....

:rofl: The bad thing is, is that was my EXACT reaction when I had to stay in the room for two days before I left, which makes the comic even that much more halarious. Yeah I guess we do get a bit spoiled.

Eye In The Sky said:
Roger, that was where the MET and NAV's were staying when I went thru.  Ref the "no more cable"....

That's excellent! I'm tempted to add a frame for the Navy, though... water coming into the fwd engine room maybe, with a stoker looking at it going "This f***in' sucks!"

Cbbmtt said:
The more I re-watch the AESOP clip, the more NAVCOM seems to not be as hot a choice.

Ex-NAVCOM, currently an AES Op.

Your observations are leading you down the right path my friend.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Ex-NAVCOM, currently an AES Op.

Your observations are leading you down the right path my friend.

This whole waiting game to see if my marks were good enough from my CFAT from like 10 years ago is starting to drive me insane. I know my math marks were high and the English was decent, but it was such a long time ago.

I even got my spouse on board to come live in Manitoba for a bit, the only stipulation was that she wants another child... I figured with the winters there it should be a problem lol!

Back