• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

How does Israel defeat Hamas without potentially flattening Gaza?

A growing majority of Palestinians support Hamas; something like 72% back in December. Some joined Hamas on October 7th, many many more celebrated the attack.
Many kidnapped survivors were kept with Palestinian families and the survivors spoke of their captors support for Hamas.
Palestinians accepted Hamas digging tunnels into their homes, using construction supplies meant for them for tunnels and other defence infrastructure, storing or launching rockets from their yards and next to their homes.

The distinction between Hamas and ordinary Palestinians seems increasingly vague. How do you convince Palestinians to stop embracing Hamas and their eradicate all jews vision?

It will be hard. It will be bloody. But as long as your expressed intention is not to "Flatten Gaza" and your evaluated actions make it clear that you aren't simply trying to "Flatten Gaza", then even if you do end up basically flattening Gaza, it's not genocide. Look at Cologne, Hamburg, and Warsaw after ww2. However, if from the get go you say "you've crossed a line, gloves are off, we are flattening all of Gaza so that we can be completely rid of YOU", then that's genocide

LOl had you come back and told me that the "peaceful" Medina verse had been abrogated by the "Warlike" Meccan verses, then I might have taken you seriously. You also assume that I am not Muslim and that I didn't convert to marry her in her home country. My wife was a lawyer and knows likley far more about Sharia law and it's effects particularity on women and their crappy legal standing in Sharia courts.

Maybe you should go learn from your Ismail brothers on how to get along in a Non-Muslim dominated society.
😂, it might be me, but if you consider the 5 daily prayers not to be obligatory, fasting of Ramadan not to be obligatory...and the rest of the 5 pillars of Islam not to be obligatory and still call it Islam... Then sure.
Whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
Sorry to break it to you and your wife, but in Islam you are supposed to believe in the whole Qur'an (whether the chapter was revealed in Mecca or Medina). Of course rulings have to take account the current time and location and given by a qualified Imam/Mufti.

From the Qur’an:
Surah 2:191: "And kill them (non-Muslims) wherever you find them … kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers (non-Muslims)."

Got it. Follow the Qur’an. Kill the non-believers.

Anyhow guys, STAY ON TOPIC.

You’ve been a member here since 2007, and you’re quoting ‘Stay on Topic’?? 🤣

There are specific threads on this site closer to humor than this one. 👍🏼

I don't disagree, it's Canada and they can do whatever as long as it's lawful.

Colin Parkinson was the one who brought up his wife's opinion and threw in that she's Muslim (to qualify her authority in islam?). So I just pointed a few wholes in his post showing that his arguments are way off mainstream Sunni islam.

Anyhow guys, STAY ON TOPIC.
ABDUL

I actually agree with you there.

To the extent that your argument is :
1. Colin would not bring up his wife as an authority on Islam if he himself was a Muslim.
2. He brought up his wife BECAUSE she is muslim, yet
3. She clearly does not faithfully adhere to the tenets of Islam, thus
4. She is not an authority on Islam, so her "islamity" is irrelevant to the conversation.

With the one caveat that I have no idea how important it is in Islamic law for women not to marry infidels. I would assume it is.

However, you can drop the "islamophobia" victim card, it's cringe as hell.

@Colin Parkinson this is not meant as a critique of you or your wife, I'm just dissecting the arguments here.

The proposal was literally "Flatten Gaza", not "aggressively pursue Hamas understanding that significant civilian cadulagiris and destruction to civilian infrastructure will occur."

There's a difference. One is the harsh reality of fighting Hamas, the other IS genocide.
It's basically the pro-israel equivalent of saying "from the river to the sea".

And tell that to the current GoC - from what I have seen of radical Islam our "phobia" is fully justified, especially when we allow radical Muslim imams to preach hate of Jews and Infidels - they won't like me much.
Yup, it's not like visibly Muslim families in Canada are being mowed down by pick up trucks (London, ON) or peaceful worshippers inside a mosque are being massacred by semi-automatic rifles (Quebec City) 🤷🏻

Yup, it's not like visibly Muslim families in Canada are being mowed down by pick up trucks (London, ON) or peaceful worshippers inside a mosque are being massacred by semi-automatic rifles (Quebec City) 🤷🏻
Clearly a problem of endemic proportions in Canada.

Back to the events at hand, here's a detailed breakdown on the IDF's attack on an aid convoy that does a good job of showing how many slices of Swiss cheese have to line up to ensure the holes all line up ....
Also archived here.

Thread remains locked for now.
Milnet.ca Staff

Things getting tense in the Mideast: airspace being closed.

Back to the events at hand, here's a detailed breakdown on the IDF's attack on an aid convoy that does a good job of showing how many slices of Swiss cheese have to line up to ensure the holes all line up ....
Also archived here.

Thread remains locked for now.
Milnet.ca Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess this is enough of a development to open this again.

As opposed to the ongoing Iran thread? This doesn’t seem to be a Hamas thing.

As opposed to the ongoing Iran thread? This doesn’t seem to be a Hamas thing.
I'm thinking this knot has lots of strings.....you're probably right though, but I only wanted a temp lock here so a few folks could take the pot off of boil.

Let's see how that goes....

I'm thinking this knot has lots of strings.....you're probably right though, but I only wanted a temp lock here so a few folks could take the pot off of boil.

Let's see how that goes....
FWIW I think the whole ME situation is interrelated. I think that Iran did this not only to strike back at Israel but to take a bit of the heat off Hamas.

• Insightful
Reactions: ueo
FWIW I think the whole ME situation is interrelated. I think that Iran did this not only to strike back at Israel but to take a bit of the heat off Hamas.
Plot twist: Israel trolled Iran with the Damascus consulate bombing, as retribution for IRGC General Zahedi’s support of Hamas, via Hezbollah, of the 7 October attack. Then Israel strikes back at Iran’s Natanz nuclear enrichment site, in response to the IRGC’s ballistic missile attack on Israel. We haven’t seen the final move in this chain of events.

My analysis is that this is just going to be a one night thing. Iran just wanted to save face and "retaliate" after getting its Damascus embassy bombed by Israel last week.
I doubt that Iran/Biden want an expanded war in the region... But genocidal Netanyahu seems to want to expand it and drag the US into it to extend his own political survival.

Here, a well known Israeli journalist just confirmed that Biden told Netanyahu the U.S. won't support an Israeli counterattack on Iran.

My analysis is that this is just going to be a one night thing. Iran just wanted to save face and "retaliate" after getting its Damascus embassy bombed by Israel last week.
I doubt that Iran/Biden want an expanded war in the region... But genocidal Netanyahu seems to want to expand it and drag the US into it to extend his own political survival.

Here, a well known Israeli journalist just confirmed that Biden told Netanyahu the U.S. won't support an Israeli counterattack on Iran.

You don’t know a lot about politics do you?

Israel isn’t going to accept 300 missiles and drones as an equal response to their targeted killing.

Biden can publicly say whatever, but like 9/11 an attack on one’s country makes for different rules.

Israel as a nation will require a significant response to Iran.

From what I see in the media, the US didn’t say they wouldn’t support a counter attack. They just said they would not participate.

Back