• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Wearing pink to see Barbie was a fad across the western world. The day it came out it was all over the place. I think it was more a case of the thing to do at the time.

Famous people doing it are indeed trying to show they are with current trends.
doesn't affect the comment. He was trolling, showing that he was cool and belonged and should be noticed

The amount of discussion regarding trudeuas divorce and personal life here nonwhere approaches obsession. It seems like it was used to stymie conversation.
Hardly to stymie discussion. An observation. That it makes some uncomfortable is telling though.

We’ll have to disagree. Why anyone would be interested in their personal life is beyond me but to each their own.

Gossip away.

Hardly to stymie discussion. An observation. That it makes some uncomfortable is telling though.

We’ll have to disagree. Why anyone would be interested in their personal life is beyond me but to each their own.

Gossip away.
Schadenfreude doesn't make me uncomfortable.

Gossip away.
Interesting. Who do you think it made uncomfortable?

Remius said:
Why anyone would be interested in their personal life is beyond me but to each their own.
-Leader of our country.
-Polarizing behavior where he vilifies Canadian citizens for having different views and opinions.
-8 years of virtue signaling, narcissist traits.
-History of ethical violations.
-Caught lying about the firearms he planned to take from citizens.
-Family gets 'taken care of' by big organizations.
-Canadian Spies break their oaths and risk prison time to inform the country what is going on in the government.
-Does everything possible to avoid a public inquiry into foreign interference.
-Secret police stations that his minister of public safety swears were closed, only to be proven wrong.
-Looking like everyone who is anyone is a donor to the Trudeau Foundation (76% of Liberal-elected judges were party donors)
-Popularity taking a nose dive in the polls and all of a sudden is separating and wants privacy.

No reason to be interested at all 🤫

The kids will be better off not having him around. Hopefully, they find their own path outside politics.
It's not like they live in a ghetto without their Baby Daddy.

I Feel bad for the kids, but lots of kids come from divorced families and do just fine... Like JT ?
Poilievre's mom was 16 when she had him and gave him up for adoption. His adoptive parents later split and his father came out as gay. Poilievre is doing okay.

I feel worse for the kids out there whose parents can't afford rent or need food banks; divorced parents or not.

Poilievre's mom was 16 when she had him and gave him up for adoption. His adoptive parents later split and his father came out as gay. Poilievre is doing okay.

I feel worse for the kids out there whose parents can't afford rent or need food banks; divorced parents or not.

Fair points. A silver spoon divorce is still a step ahead of most I suppose.

All
Interesting. Who do you think it made uncomfortable?
You certainly seem uncomfortable with my observation.
-Leader of our country.
-Polarizing behavior where he vilifies Canadian citizens for having different views and opinions.
-8 years of virtue signaling, narcissist traits.
-History of ethical violations.
-Caught lying about the firearms he planned to take from citizens.
-Family gets 'taken care of' by big organizations.
-Canadian Spies break their oaths and risk prison time to inform the country what is going on in the government.
-Does everything possible to avoid a public inquiry into foreign interference.
-Secret police stations that his minister of public safety swears were closed, only to be proven wrong.
-Looking like everyone who is anyone is a donor to the Trudeau Foundation (76% of Liberal-elected judges were party donors)
-Popularity taking a nose dive in the polls and all of a sudden is separating and wants privacy.

No reason to be interested at all 🤫
All valid things of interest.

But speculation on his sexual orientation, or various other theories on his separation or what colour shirt he wore to Barbie seems more like tabloid stuff. But we live in a celebrity obsessed culture so not shocking.

But we live in a celebrity obsessed culture so not shocking.

Substantively reinforced in Canada by Trudeau and his branding team. The colour of the shirt he wore to a movie with his son would have been immaterial if he hadn’t made it yet again a branding opportunity to show Canadians how with it and in tune he is with the times, and how supportive he remains of women (other than those who run afoul of his wishes/demands).

I tend to agree here. 50% of married couples end in divorce. It’s normal and common. Kids adapt well enough.

Substantively reinforced in Canada by Trudeau and his branding team. The colour of the shirt he wore to a movie with his son would have been immaterial if he hadn’t made it yet again a branding opportunity to show Canadians how with it and in tune he is with the times, and how supportive he remains of women (other than those who run afoul of his wishes/demands).
Absolutely. But I still don’t care anymore than I care about what the Kardashian are wearing to barbie.

Absolutely. But I still don’t care anymore than I care about what the Kardashian are wearing to barbie.
I agree with you to a point. I went for years happily thinking a Kardashian was a mixed-breed Klingon.

Kardashians aren't bringing in laws that criminalize normal citizens for owning specific pieces of property they previously obtained legally.

Kardashians don't have the authority to send Canadians into harms way.

Kardashians don't influence our economy, control our interest rates, or purport to know what is best for us.

Trudeau does, and he has marketed himself in a Kardashian fashion. And I think keeping a close eye on his conduct, on-and-off the clock is important for Canadians in order to see if this latest event will cause him to start acting (more) unhinged and out of touch with those he rules than we're accustomed to.

I tend to agree here. 50% of married couples end in divorce. It’s normal and common. Kids adapt well enough.
It's just what people are used to now. Hard to know what a much lower divorce rate would be like if you never experienced it.

It's just what people are used to now. Hard to know what a much lower divorce rate would be like if you never experienced it.
Well, growing up, I knew maybe one kid that was in a divorced parent situation. Certainly wasn’t the norm and it scared some kids of that generation to to think what would happen if it was them.

But yes, it’s the norm now and people are indeed used to it.

You certainly seem uncomfortable with my observation.
Not in the least. My first comment after you suggested people were obsessed was just calling out your choice of language as hyperbolic. No one appears obsessed to me and I considered it used in the same manner one would bring up Trump/Trudeau Derangement Syndrom in a cordial conversation. Maybe I'm in the wrong, no biggie.

But speculation on his sexual orientation, or various other theories on his separation or what colour shirt he wore to Barbie seems more like tabloid stuff. But we live in a celebrity obsessed culture so not shocking.
That seems less relevant and more tabloidy, sure.

Back