• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

What I am really interested in seeing is the AAR after this is all over.

The first question the AAR should ask:

How did we go from a late January "this is just a fringe movement" and will disappear as quickly as it came to "we need to enact the Emergencies Act".

The second question the AAR should ask:

What can we do as a Nation to ensure this never happens again?
Main thing I learned today was that we as a nation have allowed far too much Americanisms into our national psyche. The jaw dropping lack of knowledge of our constitutional monarchy, our laws, and how our government operates is the basis of most of the events of the last few weeks. There needs to be major reset of our education, institutions and the way our political leadership wields power. If not, I fear for the future.

Do you think there will be an honest effort for a transparent AAR? Anyone take a bet that the AAR gets pulled into the EA Inquiry and sealed for ‘National Security’ purposes? Perhaps a redacted version released a few hours before voting day for Election 2024…
Similar to the NS Shooting Inquest? I haven’t heard a thing. Is it even active?

Main thing I learned today was that we as a nation have allowed far too much Americanisms into our national psyche. The jaw dropping lack of knowledge of our constitutional monarchy, our laws, and how our government operates is the basis of most of the events of the last few weeks. There needs to be major reset of our education, institutions and the way our political wield power. If not, I fear for the future.
Oh yes, I saw a post floating around FB urging people to phone the GG to ‘register a vote of non-confidence’ 🙄

What I am really interested in seeing is the AAR after this is all over.

The first question the AAR should ask:

How did we go from a late January "this is just a fringe movement" and will disappear as quickly as it came to "we need to enact the Emergencies Act".

The second question the AAR should ask:

What can we do as a Nation to ensure this never happens again?
This can be summed up very simply.

Ottawa police never should have let them set up and once they were set up Ottawa police was too small to clear them out.

I suspect that there will be a police force reinforment program set up, or ottawa police is about to grow dramatically.

Main thing I learned today was that we as a nation have allowed far too much Americanisms into our national psyche. The jaw dropping lack of knowledge of our constitutional monarchy, our laws, and how our government operates is the basis of most of the events of the last few weeks. There needs to be major reset of our education, institutions and the way our political leadership wields power. If not, I fear for the future.
I blame hippies and rock and roll.
1645324830795.png

Alberta: send help.

Feds: Okay, here is help.

Alberta: Not like that!

Prov: We would like to order some assistance from your ordinary powers menu.

Feds: We flinched badly after a period of arrogance and denial and indecision and are having a special on emergency powers. Would you like some?

Prov: No, thank you. Ordinary powers only.

Seems a few Bright Young Folks in Media-World have forgotten that provinces usually request assistance without needing a Public Welfare/Order emergency to deal with pesky constitutional issues.

Feds: We flinched badly after a period of arrogance and denial and indecision and are having a special on emergency powers. Would you like some?

Seems a few Bright Young Folks in Media-World have forgotten that provinces usually request assistance without needing a Public Welfare/Order emergency to deal with pesky constitutional issues.
Funny you should mention that.

The province couldn't secure tow capacity, same the situation in ottawa.

There was only one way for the feds to secure that tow capacity, and force tow companies go assist in coutts.

Thats right, the EA.

But thanks for playing.

I just saw that on the news. The CBC needs to walk the jackstay back a bit.

Hopefully the Kenny folks will point out the difference but I fear they’ll take a flamethrower to the CBC questions.

Funny you should mention that.

The province couldn't secure tow capacity, same the situation in ottawa.

There was only one way for the feds to secure that tow capacity, and force tow companies go assist in coutts.

Thats right, the EA.

But thanks for playing.
Yeah, sure.

Ironically, not needed at all from the beginning. city of ottawa / OC Transpo 20t non-rotator wreckers we’re quite capable of clearing at the trucks, without an issue. There was no need of the Province to include sourcing heavy wreckers in its 11 Feb State of Emergency, because it was simply not required. If you were paying attention to even the CBC’s coverage, they were Ottawa’s own wreckers and loaders clearing heavy trucks. Not a single flashy, expensive paint-job super dual-rotator 30t commercial wrecker in sight.

So…really? EA needed for Ottawa to use its own resources? Not even a green wrecker from the CAF need through an ACP request from Ontario to the CAF because…well, turns out…it wasn’t needed. Just some coordination and cooperation at the City/Parliamentary Precint/RCMP level to sort out.

So which ordinary Federal power in particular did Alberta want that wasn't already available to it?

:unsure:

Similar to the NS Shooting Inquest? I haven’t heard a thing. Is it even active?
The Mass Casualty Commission, as it's officially known, is still alive. Hearings resume on February 22, 2022.

Last edited:
They ignore that fact the EA has an expiry time, meaning those assets would likely unfreeze at that time too
Freeland said some of the provisions of the EA will be permanent. Likely these will be the financial fuckery that's going on.

The writing on the wall is clear here. You get out of line, become a nuisance, and your accounts get seized until further notice. Be quiet and don't have wrong opinions or views.

Back