• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Freeland said some of the provisions of the EA will be permanent. Likely these will be the financial fuckery that's going on.

The writing on the wall is clear here. You get out of line, become a nuisance, and your accounts get seized until further notice. Be quiet and don't have wrong opinions or views.
It’s probably the loophole on foreign funding for political activities.

It’s probably the loophole on foreign funding for political activities.
I read that a man in BC claimed to make $40K a year but somehow bought $32M in real-estate. If these new rules combat that type of thing it's a good thing. Do you have faith that this is what those permanent new additions Freeland was talking about is for specifically?

No. Someone used their bike as a sheild against the horses when the mounted unit spilt the crowd causing the walker- borne lady to be injured.
That seems a far cry from a protestor throwing their bike at the feet of a horse to injure it.

No. Someone used their bike as a sheild against the horses when the mounted unit spilt the crowd causing the walker- borne lady to be injured.
Is there any actual evidence that the person was using a walker. The video isn't very conclusive.

I read that a man in BC claimed to make $40K a year but somehow bought $32M in real-estate. If these new rules combat that type of thing it's a good thing. Do you have faith that this is what those permanent new additions Freeland was talking about is for specifically?
I didn’t see what she announced so I can’t comment on that definitively. I’m making a guess. There is a loophole on political,activities funding. Seems logical to fix that. Is there a link to her announcement or did she just say “some”.

And regardless. Anything they want to become permanent has to be made using new and separate legislation. Nothing in the EA can stay beyond the timeframe of the EA.

Freeland said some of the provisions of the EA will be permanent. Likely these will be the financial fuckery that's going on.

The writing on the wall is clear here. You get out of line, become a nuisance, and your accounts get seized until further notice. Be quiet and don't have wrong opinions or views.
i'd be more inclined to accept that if it was actually applied equally across the board, and fairly, but i bet you the next time a railroad is blocked their accounts will not be frozen.

That seems a far cry from a protestor throwing their bike at the feet of a horse to injure it.
The charge is attempting to injure a police service animal. Or to that effect. I would say standing in front of a horse and using your bike as a shield would qualify. Especially if he was using it to shield bash. Could easily be mistaken as a throwing action.

i'd be more inclined to accept that if it was actually applied equally across the board, and fairly, but i bet you the next time a railroad is blocked their accounts will not be frozen.
Have they said if that is what is going to be the permanent stuff?

First nations tend to blockade near their traditional lands, not city centers.

Nuance.

I doubt that kind of financial power without a warrant could get past parliament, or a constitutional challange
I agree. I could see them close the gap in legislation of foreign funding of political activities though.

Back