• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

Beer is a lovely thing.

Domestic, my pick would be Molson Dry

Import, it‘s all about Henieken (and no, I can‘t spell).

Micro-brew - my fav - Big Rock beers in Calgary (especially Trad, Grasshopper, and Canvasback Ale), and then the English Pale Ale from Granville Island Brewery. GOOD BEER! :D

Mmmmmm . . . beer.

I was heartbroken when I moved to Ontario in ‘96 and discovered that NO ONE sold Keith‘s. It got better shortly after that, but then Keith‘s was an import (WTF?). Now it‘s everywhere, thank God.

If I can‘t have Keith‘s and everything else is crap -- like Molson, Blue or anything Yankee -- I like Strongbow cider. Yeah, yeah, call it a girlie drink, but it reminds me of growing up in the Annapolis Valley. It goes down smooth and doesn‘t hit you until you stand up, and then WHAMMO! Look out below. . . . :blotto:

Hey brin11, does Paddy‘s still have their local cider? That was pretty good stuff, too, if I remember.

Speaking of micro brewery, I hate sleemans. Tastes like dry cat piss.

Good micro brewery lager is Brick, either Premium or Amber. Should be able to get it in Beer Store in Ontario. Tastes so good...

RHF,
How do you know what dry cat piss tastes like? Wait, nevermind, I don‘t want to know.

My fav beer? Carlsberg, not the shyte you can buy here that has just been licensed to be brewed, but straight out of the Copenhagen factory. That or a nice tall pint of Kilkenney. As for local stuff, anything really, it all pales in comparison anyway.

The hard stuff? Crown and anything.

Jason,

They sure do! They make a good red beer there too. Speaking of red beer, Rickard‘s Red is quite tasty as well.

To put a twist on things...what‘s your most hated beer?

I just hate Old Milwaukee. Oh man, it is so bad. :skull: :skull: :skull:

Beer is great. I‘ll be the first to admit if it is free I‘ll stomach it but the green grenade (Heineken) has to be the best. Invite me over someday and we‘ll taste test a few brands.....
:salute:

Originally posted by brin11:
[qb] Jason,
They sure do! They make a good red beer there too. Speaking of red beer, Rickard‘s Red is quite tasty as well. [/qb]
Here‘s a tip for anyone (un)lucky enough to pass through Aldershot some summer: go to Paddy‘s in Kentville and order yourself a pint of Raven Ale. Along with their cider, it‘s lovely dark suds indeed.

But I‘m going to have to cut you off, brin11: I‘ve always thought Rickard‘s was terrible swill (along with anything from Brick Brewery as well). Must be a Kitchener-Waterloo thingy. . . .

Dortmunder Export, Thier Beire, Urrtyp, Dortmunder Union, and once in a while a Paderborn.
Becks here in B.C. or good old Carlings Pilsner it was originally called Capilano six or something like that back in the fifties, still as good as it gets in CANADA!

Not a bad brew at all, the thing they call Rickert‘s Red

Regards

Most hated beer has to be any light crap....common as if we are concerned about our waistlines....

American beer. Budweiser gives me the worst hangovers.

Frankly, I‘m too young to drink beer, but I do when the parent‘s aren‘t around. Usually Bud Light or Beck‘s, since it‘s all we have around the house. I also enjoy the Bacardi Breezers, very tasty. I drink in small amounts as I don‘t like getting drunk, being drunk, or waking up feeling like a tank ran over my head. Nor do I like hearing my father scold me about drinking at such an early age :D

Originally posted by Lexi:
[qb] I drink in small amounts as I don‘t like getting drunk, being drunk, or waking up feeling like a tank ran over my head. [/qb]
Drink lots and lots of water before you go to bed. You will have to get up to go pee a few times in the night, when you should be drinking even more water. By the morning you should be just fine.

Do we even have a drinking age in Canada? I remember going to restaurants with my parents when I was 13 and automatically getting poured a full glass of wine without even asking for it...

I was given scotch at age 9 on Rabbie Burns Day and its flowed since...
And if ye donna like it...Up yer Kilt

Being from BC originally, I have been brought up with Kokanee..... one of my favourites.

Originally posted by Big Mac:
[qb] Being from BC originally, I have been brought up with Kokanee..... one of my favourites. [/qb]
- I tried Kokanee Gold once...was pretty good *nods*

Domestic

Canadian
Canadian Ice
Kokanee

Foriegn

Gunniess
Bass
Grolsh (I know i spelt it wrong) 

The N Sask R used to have a traditon in the Jr Ranks when you were promoted ( late 70's early 80's)  A huge glass was filled with an ounce of all the hard stuff behind the bar and your fave beer was added.  If you Chugged it down with out getting sick you were concidered worthy of your promotion. You were still respected as your promotion had been earned but if you were able to handle the Infanteer you were looked upon with admiration.  The Maint sec of 16 Svc Bn also had to take part in this ritual as we shared the Armouries with the N Sask R
::)

Back