• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yo, Harper!

Slack

Inactive
Reaction score
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hbwR5hiq_LU

I'm not sure whether to laugh or grind my teeth...

Oh wow, oh my goodness, that's frickin' hilarious!  Who knew that the PM and Pres were such good buds? And that it's caught on tape....!!! :rofl:

I'm not quit sure when it was, but didn't president Bush call our prime minister by his first name. In one of his speeches ? So maybe they are good friends secretly.

Schafer said:
I'm not quit sure when it was, but didn't president Bush call our prime minister by his first name. In one of his speeches ? So maybe they are good friends secretly.

It was during Harpers first official state visit to Washington, he and Bush had a joint press conference where Bush referred to him as "Steve".  Apparently, Harper doesn't like being called Steve.

Deadpan said:
My thoughts exactly.

Why was this considered news?

-Dead

probably the same reason why when Paris Hilton shows her ugly face in public it makes front page news. GWB saying something crazy will make headlines every time.

Cute, but must have been a slow news day.

One of the Canadian MSM papers was mentioning that Bush has been using 'yo' for quite some time.  The Brits didn't like it a couple of years back when he called out 'yo Blair.'

He is said to use it to loosen up the atmosphere, which can be quite stuffy.  I can imagine.

He's just being informal. No big deal. I'd be a lot more worried if he was calling him Prime Minister Harper in close company. ;)

of course, this is an improvement on "yo Steve!" Used by Bush during their first meeting. Apparently the PM is not fond of being called Steve  ;)

Big frickin' deal!!!

So PM Harper should've yelled back "Hey Dubya! Whazzup???"

Slow news day indeed.

Back