• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

worth joining right now?

Joe321

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I'm eying the rms clerk position, is this a good time to join?

Also, why did they reduce their hours in the oshawa detachment to only 2 days per month? :-\

Joe321 said:
Hello, I'm eying the rms clerk position, is this a good time to join?

Also, why did they reduce their hours in the oshawa detachment to only 2 days per month? :-\

1. What do you mean by "A good time to join"?  A good time to be hired?  A good time to be in the CAF?  A good time to be a Clerk?  As we have no idea what you would determine "a good time" to be, I have no idea how to answer your question.

2. Consolidation of resources and reduction in spending. 

Okay I have some more questions  ;D

I went through the interview and whatnot, then closed my file like an idiot (a decision I regret). Is there a quick way to reopen my file without having to re-apply online? This was back in April of this year.

Also, the sleep deprivation thing, is it all week long for 3 months? I averaged about 10.5 hours a night, will it be a problem or will I quickly adjust?

Thanks.

Well you should adjust but that depends on you. Chances are you will feel tired through basic but will adapt. You also don't want to be the guy sleeping in longer when everyone is up getting ready for inspection.

You'll get used to sleep deprivation or you'll quit. Its not a physiological reason you can't handle it, its willpower. Sleeping 6 hours a night isn't sleep dep.

To ask about your file, you need to call your recruiting center. They will be the only ones to give you direction on how to proceed with your specific situation.

Joe321 said:
Is there a quick way to reopen my file without having to re-apply online? This was back in April of this year.

Just call your local CFRC and ask for your previous application to be "re-opened"!  There is NO need to re-apply online unless your file has been closed for more than 12 months.

Good luck!

Back