• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who gets more tours?

Originally posted by Infanteer:
[QB]
whervere the troops go, cooks go, somone has to feed ‘em
We got rations for that....
I dunno... though i cant say I know what the food on an overseas tour is like. given the choice between rats and Hot meals from the kitchen tent on an exercise, I‘ll take the hot meals any day of the week.

anyways, im gonna assume you were half jokeing about the Rations anyways. ;)

Originally posted by Cpl Thompson:
anyways, im gonna assume you were half jokeing about the Rations anyways. ;) [/QB]
No half joking to it. Cooks do not go out to OPs or Check Points, nor do they go on patrols as a rule. Hard Rations are the only thing some of the troops will see for weeks at at time.

GW

Willy,

IF and I say again IF, I was aware of any sensitivity regarding the place in question it wouldn‘t have been mentioned - but this is the first I have heard.

Enough said.

Originally posted by George Wallace:
[qb]
Originally posted by Cpl Thompson:
anyways, im gonna assume you were half jokeing about the Rations anyways. ;) [/qb]
No half joking to it. Cooks do not go out to OPs or Check Points, nor do they go on patrols as a rule. Hard Rations are the only thing some of the troops will see for weeks at at time.

GW [/QB]
You know what i totally forgot about those.. My apologies...

man it really is true what they say, "In the Rear with the Gear"

Canadian Sig:

Fair enough. Like I said, it‘s a fairly poorly kept secret these days, and that isn‘t really your fault.

What about FCS techs. How often are they out tours?

willy

It makes me wonder why it‘s never been mentioned at any briefing - I agree with you - if we‘re going to attempt to do things the correct way then the info needs to be passed on to everyone... this might be a unit thing...

thanks for the heads up :salute: .

It makes me wonder too. Actually, I doubt that it‘s a unit thing. The whole CF seems to know these days, which isn‘t neccessarily so terrible, except for the fact that nobody is told that they aren‘t supposed to be telling everyone else. There have been, from what I‘ve seen, increased efforts to get everyone on the same page lately, but that didn‘t stop, for example, the guys who were on my deployment support briefing from bringing their wives and children with them. Actually man, I should probably have been a little more understanding of your not knowing that this was all so "hush hush". It‘s understandable, when you look at it, and moreover, it‘s actually more than just a little stupid of the army to be dealing with this big secret in such a piss poor manner.

Whatever, lets leave the whole thing at that.

Hey CanadianSIG...

Cough up a fin code/TAN #, and I‘ll be down in a jiffy...6 months of 40 below weather up here is making me squirrely (over and above trade requirements...)

As for beadwindows, I had no farking clue what you were on about...thought it was either a codeword for ‘something‘ or an as yet unheard of Microsoft program... ;)

Don‘t spend a lot of time with the NCS, I guess.

Back