• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what qualifications do you have?

wouldnt they be called "mock tower" wings......

http://www.gfscc.com/MockTowerThumbnails.htm

yup- they sure are.

3RCR_Thomas said:
People are just Jealous of the wings because there corps doesn't have a tower to jump from. :threat:And the wings make our corps stand out compared to others :dontpanic:

Rank MCPL
Camp- CL Cannought
Qual- Standard first aid, Bronze PT, Moch Tower Wings

i have never met some one that ever said "i wish i had moch wings" or someone that is jealous. if other corps really wanted them than i am sure they would go out and get them. it is not very hard.

hey lets jump out of a tower with a bunch of ropes attached to us.  the only point to doing that is for para training. unless all the cadets in your corp go and do para they should not be wearing any wings of any type. period.

and um maroon is the colour of para not "i jumped out of a mock tower" so i wouldn't highlight moch wings in maroon.

if you think that wearing moch wings are right than what would you say to a reg force guy that failed his para but did the moch tower and wore the wings for it. he would get reamed up one side and down the other, and than they would take them off of you.

and the only way they stand out is because they look so ridiculous

but to get back on track......  i have almost finished my Silver D of E. it is by far one of the best things to do as a young Canadian.

<sarcasm> I wish I had some dollar store trinket that said I jumped out of a tower wearing a bungee cord.... </sarcasm>

3RCR_Thomas said:
People are just Jealous of the wings because there corps doesn't have a tower to jump from. :threat:And the wings make our corps stand out compared to others :dontpanic:.
Jealous of the wings?  Yeah right, first of all the wings are not authorized for cadets to wear, and secondly having a uniform with wings, medals, or other accoutrements means very little .... as I always base my opinion of someone on their actions and abilities.

Yes, the wings may make your corps stand out, but they also show that your staff advocate something which is unauthorized for cadets to wear.  My corps stands out by our hardworking and dedicated senior NCOs.

BeadWindow said:
wouldnt they be called "mock tower" wings......

http://www.gfscc.com/MockTowerThumbnails.htm

yup- they sure are.

wow maybe all those kids should were mock wings. they are just as authorised as cadets are.

the only tower with ropse i wanna use is the Abseiling tower we use

maybe i should get some fancy shmancy pin that is not allwoed ont he cadet uniform, because im "brave" enough to climb down a tower with a full set of gear, including harness, ropes, caribeeners(sp), helmet, etc ,etc

Before this thread continues as a battle of insults over mock tower wings, perhaps each of you should review the relevant threads that have discussed this in the past:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25424.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/4374.0.html

Whether you agree with the qualification or not really isn't the point. It exists within the cadet program and for some it is an achievement of which they are proud. Belittling them neither proves that mock tower wings have no value, nor does such behaviour speak well of your own maturity.

If you wish to continue a thread on the subject of mock tower wings, stick to arguments with logic and relavance to the role the requisite training has within the context of the Cadet program. Define and establish your arguments based on facts, not personal opinion.

Michael O'Leary said:
Whether you agree with the qualification or not really isn't the point. It exists within the cadet program and for some it is an achievement of which they are proud. Belittling them neither proves that mock tower wings have no value, nor does such behaviour speak well of your own maturity.
Sir, I am aware that the mock tower wings were once a qualification for cadets to wear, however I have yet to see them in any current regulations .... they are not in the star handbooks, on any badge posters, or in the most current version of the CATOs.  This would lead to the impression that they are no longer authorized for cadets to be wearing (another thing to note is that the cadets on the expedition course have to purchase their mock tower wings if they so choose to).

I am in no way belittling the mock tower, my comments were agaisnt the unauthorized wearing of these wings.  I would do the mock tower for the experiance, should the opporunity arise .... but I would not require unauthorized wings on my uniform to remind me of the experiance.

Are they limited to a region or two? I personally have never seen them.

not limited to any region, im sure your local surplus store would be able to get a hold of some...they just aren't worn, because those people who manage to complete the Para course have their full wings, and those who fail it, are (usually) too ashamed to wear anything

I have gold fitness,nsce,cli riflecoach,cross and crown ,first aid, biathlon, german fitness badge,german shooting lanyard,and i took the Germany exchange.plus orinteering medals.

TomGledhill said:
NSCE
CLI
Cross Rifles & Crown
Gold Fitness
First Aid
Biathlon
Shooting
Jump Wings
Some awards

Tom Gledhill

one quick question. were you one of the RSM's for the NSCE in Central Ontario? if you are than i remember you. i think we did NSCE at the same time. if not than forget eveything i have just said.

-Hutch- said:
one quick question. were you one of the RSM's for the NSCE in Central Ontario? if you are than i remember you. i think we did NSCE at the same time. if not than forget eveything i have just said.
I believe your referring to CWO Sheppard from the Mississauga MPs ..... or so I've been told by one of the "RSMs" that was from my corps, the female MWO.

wohunter said:
I have gold fitness,nsce,cli riflecoach,cross and crown ,first aid, biathlon, german fitness badge,german shooting lanyard,and i took the Germany exchange.plus orinteering medals.

Orienteering medals? As in uniform?  ???

Zedic_1913 said:
I believe your referring to CWO Sheppard from the Mississauga MPs ..... or so I've been told by one of the "RSMs" that was from my corps, the female MWO.

oh ok never mind than.

M/Cpl (Second year)Just passed silverstar test at my corps,Cross Rifles with Crown, Adventure Training (if you can call that a qualifaction), Standar First Aid, Bronze Fitness, First year on the rifle team we went to provincials, I applied for camp last year, didn't get my JI's hope to go this year.

i was wondering if anyone knows about the D of E award. i am almost done my silver and i was wondering if i had to go all the way to the exact day i started one year ago. i started in June or July of 04 and will be done most of the stuff before that. the only other thing that needs to go one year is the skill.

You do need that one year: 'tis a requirement, my friend. :)

ya thats what i thought. so if i finish it while i am at camp than i hand in my essay would i be able to receive it at camp or would i have to wait a while?

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest with you. There are a drove of e-mails for directors to get in touch with; I'm sure they'd know more than me! :)

Back