• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what qualifications do you have?

From what I know, Air Cadets should not be wearing them, and I checked some Air Cadet Reference Books online, and can find no menton of the medal.  Hmm///

I say we stop the random speculation and wait until eliminator gets on here and tells us what it is.

Also look at the fact he in no longer a cadet and no longer wears that medal. Rules change over the years ,this could be one of those changes.

Ok, so here's the story on the Legion 75th medal:

It was a medal the legion produced for their 75th anniversary in 2001. I was fortunate enough to attend the celebration of this at a convention in Ottawa. Everyone who attended this event, by invitation only, was given the medal. I believe there was only about 10-15 cadets there from all over the country. Most of us had to give presentations on military affairs and mingle with the veterans all weekend. When I returned, we found out that we were given permission to wear the medal. So, it was more like a gimmi medal like a jubilee or a Canada 125. I also heard of cadets that got it via other means, prob cadet sqns or corps associated with legions.

Did I deserve it? Who knows. There wasn't any strict guidelines. But since my family is very active in the legion and I used to do alot with them, both with cadets and on my own, I guess this medal was warranted.

Here's a pic

http://www.regions.cadets.ca/pac/armcad/thanks_e.asp

I just found this page... It mentions the medal

(obviously the CIC officers cant wear it)

theres a big discussion on www.cadet-world.com as to whether or not cadets should be allowed to wear non cadet medals, and if so, how the wearing would go

congratulations on getting this medal, it looks fancy

i will leave it at that, as there is no need to make a second discussion as to whether cadets can or cannot wear nation decorations or legion medals on their cadet uniform

I dont want to start anything, but since both the cadet medals and legion ones dont have "official national" standing and are not reconized by the honour system, I think it's ok that they go together.

Nation medals and cadet ones together is a diffrent story. Simple answer: No

Pretty impressive. Looks like a very respectable medal!  :salute:

Hey, MCpl Saorse

I'm from Cape Breton myself. You're out there in the sticks.

That I am, my friend.  :salute: Inverness, Cape Breton.

Actually a nice tourist destination, got all the necessities witihn village limits, but we're 2 hours away from any sorts of mall or theatre, 5 hours from the metro centre of Nova Scotia... yeah, I'm out here, all right!

Camps:
Basic marksman, CL Marksman, CLI Mil Band, Band Sgt. Staff

Positions:
runs canteen ,flag party commander, drill team commander, assistant RSO/ range team captain, Platoon warrant, and I teach classes

Quailifications:
distinguished marksman, bronze fitness, level 2 flute, all stars up to gold and I am going to NSCE in TWO DAYS!!!

Awards:
Best female shot for 3 years running, and the legion medal of excellance

Rank-SGT
Star- Silver
Camp- CL (Cannought)
Qual- Standard First Aid, Silver Fitness(missed gold by One push-up) :-[,  Marksman,  LOL Moch tower Wings(Jumping form the moch tower will earn us our wings,  but its just our corps that does it.  There not a official cadet pin) :p

Mod: Please keep colours standard...a post thats maroon in colour doesnt help my eyes.

3RCR_Jones said:
Moch tower Wings(Jumping form the moch tower will earn us our wings,   but its just our corps that does it.   There not a official cadet pin)
If your from the Petawawa corps I believe I had one of your cadets in my platoon, he seemed displeased when he was told to remove his mock tower wings, as they are not authorized for wear.

i would not let cadets wear them at my corp, they are not looked highly upon.  wearing moch wings is like me wearing a mock rank. it is not real, it is used for part of the para course, there should not be any given out to cadets.

I have to say that I agree with this one. Could still be a fun corps tradition, though. :)

Thats exacty what we use them for, tradition.  And for some of the cadets in our corps think the wings are the greatest thing,  because it's not easy the first time you jump.) ;D

NSCE
ANAVETS
CLI Adventure
Warrant Officer
Expert Marksman
Standard First Aid (actually way higher)
First Responder (The way higher thing)
Open Water Diver
Bronze Fitness
Wilderness First Aid

-Hutch- said:
ya but still, do you know how many people laugh at moch wings?

People are just Jealous of the wings because there corps doesn't have a tower to jump from. :threat:And the wings make our corps stand out compared to others :dontpanic:

Rank MCPL
Camp- CL Cannought
Qual- Standard first aid, Bronze PT, Moch Tower Wings

Back