• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What people in the military really do

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
A video for you all to enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/w/The-things-you-REALLY-do-while-in-the-Military?v=q3ar2zmJlBg&search=military

It may be a US Air Force video, but it rings so true for the CF as well.

Is that what it is actually like...................?

Looks like a realistic/accurate portrayal to me...

Any time somone asks me what my job (In the reserves at least) is like, I ask if they've seen Full Metal Jacket... when they say yes, I say forget what you've seen and go watch In the Army Now.

Zack said:
Is that what it is actually like...................?

If as a Pte, you never push a broom, or drag a mop...then you are not really in the military.

About the only other thing they could have put in there was sitting around the Flight room, drinking coffee  with a thumb up their Behind... or is that only a JSR thing... ???

ah crap man I'm only dust pan qualified. My Tasking Sgt won't send me on my QL5 broom course until I finish my ojt. Another 6 months tops he says. Bo-yah!!!!

I thought it was funny as it brought back memories of when I was a Pte.

OK stop pm'ing me to see if this is true...

it is.

You are expected to clean your living and work spaces during BMQ etc, and clean them the the proverbial white glove standard. After all, when you join the army...mom usually stays home. There is a reason for that...

everything you use in the military, you will clean. Thats what Ptes do.

if you don't like that...

Back