• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is your military status?

What is your military or non military status?

• Total voters
Army Cadets from age 12-19
Army Reserves from 16-21
----Royal Militay College of Canada---- 21-24
Army Cadet CIC from 24-?

Did my basic PARA

I know I had mussels and crab tonite, but I showered and something still smells a weeeee bit fishy...

-gerry

I believe young Mr Wong was decribing his future plans, after he leaves Cadets.

Oh, by the way,my military status...
1982 - 1987 1RCR CFB London Infantry;
1987 - 1990 CFH Halifax Stadecona - med a surg ward; MIR; ICU;
1990 - 1993 Bty medic 119 Air Defence Bty CFB Chatham;
1993 - 1995 Base Chatham MIR
1995 - 2000 2RCR Coy medic; UMS 2I/C
2000 - 2001 CTC Gagetown I/C med records / appointments
2001 - 2002 NCO I/C treatment room CTC Gagetown
2002 - 2006 Sgt med tech CFRC Fredericton
Aug 14 2006 'retired' / Supp Reserves

I could be wrong, for starters, but cadet & the PRES at the same time? 3 years at RMC, then CIC? please clarify, I'm curious...

-gerry

-gerry

I am also curious...he claim to have "I graduate in 1998"  :http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/50305/post-444996.html#msg444996

From what,  RMC?

wo_wong830 said:
My military status

Army Cadets from age 12-19
Army Reserves from 16-21
----Royal Militay College of Canada---- 21-24
Army Cadet CIC from 24-?

Did my basic PARA

I know this is pure speculation but you can do both cadets and reserves at the same time and I do actually know a couple of people who do.  RMC then CIC?  Theoretically possible but only if he was booted out or quit RMC.  If he actually completed RMC there would have been the CF commitment afterwards but CIC officers only need high school

Fly in the conspiracy theory time:

There are also (and have been for a long time) RETP's at RMC (Reserve Entry Training Plan). Reservists that pay money to go to RMC. No commitment, owe nothing to the CF. If you can do Reserves and CIC at the same time, than it is possible.

Ex infantry reservist, now going through my 3's at Borden for Vehicle Tech. Enjoying every minute of it.

I'm Retired from the military and the police service. (Retired not dead!  ;D)

I retired from the U. S. Army Reserve, after 30+ years of service in both the Regular Army and Reserve. (I did spend a few years of that time, in the U. S. Air Force Reserve and Washington State Air National Guard.) I'm a Korean War Veteran, where during that time I served in the 14th Ranger Infantry Company (ABN.) and the 27th Infantry Regiment, 25th ID. Actually, I did two hitches in the regular Army starting in '47 at 15 years old. My first hitch was in Japan '47 to '49 with both the 1st Cavalry Division and 25th ID. (WW II Occupation duty.) When I got back from Korea I wasn't happy with the Army and decided to go Air Force Reserve and keep my rank, etc. in case I wanted to go back.

Around 1961. I left the Air Guard to go back to the Army Reserve, after seeing an ad, for ex-paratroopers to join the US Army's Special Forces local Reserve unit. (Cost me a stripe, both ways.) So, I signed up and got qualified. I spent most of my career in the Army Reserve in the Special Forces Reserve unit(s).

As for my Civilian career, I joined the King County Sheriff's Department, Seattle, WA in 1956. I had many assignments and did most of all the crazy stuff, the department had to offer. (Sometimes because of my military career, they came to me when they were going to start one of these 'specialities.') Let's see I rode motorcycle's, was a search & recovery SCUBA diver, Bomb Technician and SWAT team member. I was also the commander of the Traffic unit, Bomb Disposal Unit, SWAT and Dignitary Protection unit prior to my retirement in 1990.

I made it from Deputy Sheriff to Captain (Civil Service ranks) over my 34 years on the department.
:salute:

Welcome Trip_Wire. You will find this forum to be alot more friendly than arrse. ;)

tomahawk6 said:
Welcome Trip_Wire. You will find this forum to be alot more friendly than arrse. ;)

I have already noticed that! I think this board is more 'professional,' then ARRSE. I do like to wind them up once and awhile!  >:D  :cdn: :salute:

Trip_Wire said:
I'm Retired from the military and the police service. (Retired not dead!  ;D)

I retired from the U. S. Army Reserve, after 30+ years of service in both the Regular Army and Reserve. (I did spend a few years of that time, in the U. S. Air Force Reserve and Washington State Air National Guard.) I'm a Korean War Veteran, where during that time I served in the 14th Ranger Infantry Company (ABN.) and the 27th Infantry Regiment, 25th ID. Actually, I did two hitches in the regular Army starting in '47 at 15 years old. My first hitch was in Japan '47 to '49 with both the 1st Cavalry Division and 25th ID. (WW II Occupation duty.) When I got back from Korea I wasn't happy with the Army and decided to go Air Force Reserve and keep my rank, etc. in case I wanted to go back.

Around 1961. I left the Air Guard to go back to the Army Reserve, after seeing an ad, for ex-paratroopers to join the US Army's Special Forces local Reserve unit. (Cost me a stripe, both ways.) So, I signed up and got qualified. I spent most of my career in the Army Reserve in the Special Forces Reserve unit(s).

As for my Civilian career, I joined the King County Sheriff's Department, Seattle, WA in 1956. I had many assignments and did most of all the crazy stuff, the department had to offer. (Sometimes because of my military career, they came to me when they were going to start one of these 'specialities.') Let's see I rode motorcycle's, was a search & recovery SCUBA diver, Bomb Technician and SWAT team member. I was also the commander of the Traffic unit, Bomb Disposal Unit, SWAT and Dignitary Protection unit prior to my retirement in 1990.

I made it from Deputy Sheriff to Captain (Civil Service ranks) over my 34 years on the department.
:salute:

Sounds like you got a lot of material that could go into a book. Are you going to write about your adventures? They sure are varied and I bet there'd be a lot of interest in your story. :)

to everyone that is reading it (my previous post) it is present....and really sorry for using too much emoticons!

Trip_Wire said:
I have already noticed that! I think this board is more 'professional,' then ARRSE. I do like to wind them up once and awhile! 

Don't worry, people around here can get pretty wound up from time to time as well. 
Welcome to the board!  Your experience here will be most appreciated (at least by anyone who counts) and I look forward to seeing you in the posts.  :salute:

wo_wong830 said:
to everyone that is reading it (my previous post) it is present....and really sorry for using too much emoticons!

So you went through RMC throught the RETP?

Max

zipperhead_cop said:
Don't worry, people around here can get pretty wound up from time to time as well. 
Welcome to the board!  Your experience here will be most appreciated (at least by anyone who counts) and I look forward to seeing you in the posts.  :salute:

Oh boy can they ever! ;D

Welcome to the site, it will be great to hear the point of view of someone with your background and life experience.

Hmmm.... Write a book?

Yeah, I have thought about it, especially the police service part of my life. The diving and bomb disposal units would make some fairly exciting reading as well as some humor. I have also, thought at my age, my children might appreciate a sort of journal of my life experiences, etc. So far, I haven't done anything to accomplish this task. I'll have to leave out a lot of my adventures in Occupied Japan.  ::)

Actually, since I've retired from both the military and police service, I wonder sometimes how I found time to 'work,' I keep so busy in retirement. I do spend a lot of time on my computer and I'm very active, in my local Chapter of the Special Forces Association's Chapter XVI. I'm also the Chapter President of the NW Chapter of the 1st Cavalry Division Association and do their newsletter.

My wife likes to cruise, so we 'do' two cruises a year. Right now, I'm taking off, to do a Trans Atlantic cruise. We're flying to Copenhagen over the 'Pole' to board the Princess Star and visit the UK, Reykjavik, Qaqortoq, St. Johns, NF and end in New York. (15 Days.)

Earlier this year we did a 15 Day round trip from Los Angeles through the Panama Canal and back! So, we do keep busy!

If I live long enough, perhaps, I'll write something, most likely just for my family.  ;D

:salute:  :cdn:

I'm an ROTP Army (23U)  student that just finished IAP.  I'm hoping to find a lot of good advice and tips on this board.

Back